By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thought on Wii after owning it for almost a year

So you have chosen to ignore the other awesome games for the Wii? Sounds like its just your personal taste in games thats the problem. jk, try some of the other games that are out.

Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3
Godfather
Excite Truck
Guitar Hero III
Zack & Wiki
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Battalion Wars 2
at least 30 or so GREAT AAA virtual console games that you cannot get on any other current or last gen system.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
So you have chosen to ignore the other awesome games for the Wii? Sounds like its just your personal taste in games thats the problem. jk, try some of the other games that are out.

Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3
Godfather
Excite Truck
Guitar Hero III
Zack & Wiki
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Battalion Wars 2
at least 30 or so GREAT AAA virtual console games that you cannot get on any other current or last gen system.

All those are Cube games released on the Wii or PS2 or PSP ports .Except Zack and Wiki and Batallion Wars .Sadly the Wii lineup pales in front of the competition .

Cough.... WII Line up pales in front of the competition??? Give me a break Diomedes. So what do you call a Tales of Symphonia 2, Mario Kart, WII Fit, Super Smash Brawls, FF Crystal Chronicles Bearer, Nights, No More Heroes for instance then? And a Fatal Frame IV and Monster Hunter 3, Just a figure of everyone's wild imagination and therefore none existing titles?

Yeah, you wished.

Its funny how a guest starts out his first post ever on complaining about the WII, don't you all think that?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Welcome to the forums, boolean. You'll have to excuse our doubts some members have of your sincerity, as we suffer from a few trolls who keep getting banned, but register new accounts over, and over, and over again. Posting as a disillusioned owner of console X is a pretty common tactic to gain leverage for one's views, and your logic having holes the size of very large holes isn't helping, but I believe you deserve a fair chance as much as the next guy.

I would advise you not to sell your Wii, especially now that the long wait for good games is finally over. We just got Metroid (not like most FPS since you actually have to use your brains, give it a shot!), stuff like Super Paper Mario and Trauma Center has been out for ages, and starting tomorrow Super Mario Galaxy is out everywhere. Even promising third party games like Umbrella Chronicles, Nights and No More Heroes are finally starting to arrive, and there's a lot more to come next year. Having the lowest development costs and largest install base means it's by far the most tempting platform for developers, so selling your's now would really be pissing in your own boots.

Diomedes1976 said:
superchunk said:

Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3
Godfather
Excite Truck
Guitar Hero III
Zack & Wiki
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Battalion Wars 2

All those are Cube games released on the Wii or PS2 or PSP ports .Except Zack and Wiki and Batallion Wars .Sadly the Wii lineup pales in front of the competition .

RE4 -- by far the best experience is on Wii.
Super Paper Mario --  Wii only Ground up.
MP3 -- Wii only Ground up
Godfather -- by far the best experience is on Wii.
Excite Truck -- Wii only Ground up.
Guitar Hero III -- really good game, definitive in the Wii version. Adds stuff you can't get on others with comparable everything else.
Zack & Wiki -- Wii only Ground up.
Medal of Honors Heroes 2 -- another fps, but, far better controls than any other FPS on a console.
Battalion Wars 2 -- Wii only Ground up.

I don't see your point. None were GC games. The ports were by far better on the Wii. I also left out quite a few others that were mentioned above me. Wii line is larger in number, choice, and quality as compared to their compitition. Especially when you add in the commonly overlooked VC content.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
I call BS on this 'review'. Most likely some PS3 fanboy that saw the thread on the other forum and got angry. At least Twestern had the balls to use his real account.

Twestern post motivated me to write this, but all the thing that I write in here is true (well, maybe some dates are a bit off...), I originally decided to write this on December when I have the console for exactly 1 year. 

I can't say myself a PS3 fanboy (that's why I didn't put any PS3 words in my first post), because I never recommend PS3 to anyone, usually I recommend PS2 to  them.

Some of the replies here are fantastic but some are just a blatant fanboy replies that bash another Wii owner that has no more interest on his machine...

@Stranne: "What games for other consoles/PC do you like? Did your girlfriend like the Wii games? "

No, she's the one who complained most of the time..., not worth their price (in here Wii games are priced around US$80-US$90, can't import them because they are region locked...)

superchunk said:
Diomedes1976 said:
superchunk said:

Resident Evil 4
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3
Godfather
Excite Truck
Guitar Hero III
Zack & Wiki
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Battalion Wars 2

RE4 -- by far the best experience is on Wii.
Super Paper Mario --  Wii only Ground up.
MP3 -- Wii only Ground up
Godfather -- by far the best experience is on Wii.
Excite Truck -- Wii only Ground up.
Guitar Hero III -- really good game, definitive in the Wii version. Adds stuff you can't get on others with comparable everything else.
Zack & Wiki -- Wii only Ground up.
Medal of Honors Heroes 2 -- another fps, but, far better controls than any other FPS on a console.
Battalion Wars 2 -- Wii only Ground up.

I don't see your point. None were GC games. The ports were by far better on the Wii. I also left out quite a few others that were mentioned above me. Wii line is larger in number, choice, and quality as compared to their compitition. Especially when you add in the commonly overlooked VC content.

Super Paper Mario was developed for the Gamecube, but then held back for a Wii launch. But that's not important. The point Diomedes is trying to make is that he's Diomedes. Once a really great poster, he's become progressively more and more bitter with every week that his favourite system hasn't sold well. I'm suprised he's even still around, since most of his posts nowadays are merely doubting VGchartz numbers.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

We're all skeptical because, generally speaking, the Wii has had a very good first year. While of course there is always a drought (anyone remember the DS' WHOLE first year) this actually affected all three consoles and each one has bounced back in recent months with really good releases.

If you don't buy the worth while games for a system, then dont complain that it has nothing. If your tastes are no satisfied, because you must be THAT picky, then please either a) sell the system for another more of your liking b) wait until they release some of your tastes.

With that being said, just a general rule, if you are going to "bash" (which is what you basically did of the Wii's first year) have a better explained reason instead of "Mario party gave me a bad taste and I was too lazy to go get or try any other games".

Plus if you have a PS3, how in the world can you say the Wii's first year was bad?

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I have been a gamer for more than 20years - and the Wii is easily my favourite console ever. EASILY.

Its easily had more game/use time than any other console. Its easily had more people PLAY it than any console I have owned... ever.

I think I have purchased more games for the Wii in its first 12 months, than I ever have for any other console.

Best games to date:

- Zelda, WiiSports, Metroid, Excitetruck, Rayman, VC (numerous), The Bigs

Average games:

- PaperMario, Red Steel, Mario Party, WarioWare, WiiPlay

Crappest games:

- Sonic, Harry Potter

Biggest (good) surprises:

- Channel system, Miis (news, voting & internet channels get daily use) 

Looking forward to (soon):

- Galaxy, Mario & Sonic, Zak & Wiki, RE:UC, Brawl (+ much more)

Absolutely no regrets. Biggest issue we are having at the moment is that my wife is using the Wii *so much*, I am struggling to get any decent gaming time in on it. (she is basically using it as a "TV", by watching all her favourite shows from overseas on YouTube)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

"Plus if you have a PS3, how in the world can you say the Wii's first year was bad?"

haha, I never mentioned anything about whether PS3 is good or bad :) I may write something similar (or maybe not?) when my PS3 is one year old (sometime march next year)

"If you don't buy the worth while games for a system, then dont complain that it has nothing. If your tastes are no satisfied, because you must be THAT picky, then please either a) sell the system for another more of your liking b) wait until they release some of your tastes."

well, I don't buy the games, because there are no games that I wanted.. Wii need more diversity in games