By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thought on Wii after owning it for almost a year

I rented red steel to try that one, control wasn't good...

I may rent metroid prime as well, when I said "metroid prime is out" i meant that I wont buy that game

Around the Network

so you haven't played Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, Mercury Metldown Madness, koprinpa, SSX Blur, Tiger Woods, Super Paper Mario, MP3, Raymans Ravin Rabbits.

They're just the first wave of games, with the second wave there's some fantastic games coming out and if you've ever owned a console from launch then you'd know that the first year is always slow.

My thoughts on your thoughts after owning the wii - F

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

I've loved my Wii thus far. While owning a console in its first year pretty much universally sucks ass, the Wii has had a lot of good stuff to play. Zelda: TP, Trauma Center, Excite Truck, CoD 3 (don't laugh, it nailed Wii FPS controls), and RRR at launch, and SPM, MP3, Sonic & the Secret Rings, Zack & Wiki, Elebits, Mercury Meltdown, and likely others that I've forgotten since. Not to mention the fact that its given me a chance to catch up on the Gamecube back-catalog, and the fact that I've easily spent $60 or so on the Virtual Console...

And things will only get better.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

bored with wiisports ??? HOW???

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

boolean said:
finished zelda, rented paper mario back in July, galaxy not out yet in here, and I hate FPS game, so metroid prime is out...

played red steel, marvel alliance, sonic, etc back on Jan

That's it?  No rayman, trauma centre, re4, zack & wiki, re:uc, fire emblem?

Around the Network

The timing of this OP is... interesting.

no doubt Mp3 is more of a FPA there is way more deph then just running and gunning---and if you havent at least tried SPM then how can you just discount that game...come on guy

Give the guy a break. He doesn't need you guys telling him what games he should get. He has his personal opinion based on the console and games he decided to get, let him be.

He doesn't need to be flamed because he doesn't think of the Wii as the holy grail, I have one and it comes after my PC, 360 (which has been returned after overheating again, sigh.), PS3/2/P and DS because the fun for me personally wore off. Give the guy the right to his opinion instead of feeling you will be anally raped if you don't protect your precious toy.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

boolean, what genres are you interested in? Maybe you'd be better off asking for recommendations of games that fit your interests, rather than saying "boo" to the system

I second this. Only PS3 owners can be disappointed with the machine ! BAN him ! Blasphemy ! I tell you.

Seriously, welcome on the VGchartz.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)