By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thought on Wii after owning it for almost a year

I want to share my personal thought regarding wii after owning it for almost a year.

I bought Wii on the third day from its launch day (launch day was 7 dec 06, bought 9 dec 06). Basically I was hyped about wii at that time, I loved zelda and wii sport, I even convinced 2 of my friends to buy wii as well.

At that time I easily gave Wii a perfect A score. But not anymore.... Played wii play/sport with friends and zelda for single play for like 3-4 weeks, then the hype started to decline. Finished zelda, and bored with wii sport/play, and no good game released at that time... tried few new games, but all failed

On January FFXII was released in here, so I went back to PS2 and totally forgot about the Wii, played this game most of the time along with Disgaea 2 untill I purchased another console in march (purchased on its launch day)

July 2007, Mario Party was released, and I was thinking that this game maybe able to make me put more hour on the wii that has been collecting dust since January... but Mario party failed me, not my kind of game, 4 days, returned the game.. thats it. haven't touched the wii again untill now..

And about my friends that bought wii because of me, both of them neglected their wii for more than 8 months.. and back to their PC gaming, sad indeed...

So far I spent maybe only 100 hours total time playing on Wii in almost a year time (and maybe over 1000 hours on the other...) Right now I'm waiting for super mario galaxy to be released and after I finish the game, I'm going to sell my Wii (or not?)

My score on wii after owning it for almost a year is: D-

Around the Network

Wow... so you tried Mario Party and gave up on your wii? You're very persuasive. Just check any of the topics here on must own wii games. Then you know... try playing games on your wii.

It will make your post a lot more legitimate when you say you didn't enjoy the GAMES on the wii, rather than you didn't enjoy Mario Party

well i guess thats good for you...mine is still at an A for the last 10 months....so yeah...trying actualy playing some games that are out for it

I'd have to say that I give the PS2 a F. I played Gran Tourismo when it came, out, and it was good, but then I tried Final Fantasy X and RPGs weren't really my thing. I guess there is nothing good on the PS2, so it's an F. Plus, the console died like 8 years ago.

I guess it's possible that there are more than a few games on the PS2, but I don't feel like bothering to find out. I'm just going to grade, then post it on the Internet so everyone can see how smart and decisive I am and know my opinion. Which is important, because my opinion is correct, after all.

No Paper Mario, Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, this assessment is weak

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

Well it seems you only bought 3 games for the Wii and there are far more good games on it then that, basically you need to read the reviews and invest more money on buying good games for it - which is exactly what you are doing when buying SMG.

The more money you invest in the good games for console, the more fun you'll have which will lead to you spending more time playing it.

I'm 99% a PC gamer and yet I have about ...10 Wii games and have enjoyed them all, admittedly some for longer then others.

I'll rank it a good B+ and I only expect that to go up as we enter the 2nd year of the wii.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

finished zelda, rented paper mario back in July, galaxy not out yet in here, and I hate FPS game, so metroid prime is out...

played red steel, marvel alliance, sonic, etc back on Jan

yah, my first post, but I'm a regular visitor, just never posted.

what do you mean by liar or bad memory? I'm not that sure of paper mario months, either july or september, but I rented that game for my gf, she the one who played, not me

You won't play Metroid Prime 3 because you don't like FPS's but you played Red Steel? Throw this man out of my forums!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

RolStoppable said:

Either you are a liar or you have a bad memory. Which one is it?

Sorry, that I have to ask you, but the posts in this thread are your very firsts.

I second this. Only PS3 owners can be disappointed with the machine ! BAN him ! Blasphemy ! I tell you.

Seriously, welcome on the VGchartz.