By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo: Reach Thread

yo_john117 said:
JaggedSac said:
yo_john117 said:
themanwithnoname said:
They seriously need to fix respawns. I can't tell you how many times a day while playing Halo 3 I say "Yep, that's great, respawn them right behind me. Fantastic." After the third time or so, it really gets old.

Yeah its just wonderful that they spawn 5 feet behind, or you spawn in a shitty spot and get spawn raped.

The only place I really got spawn fucked was on Foundry(pretty small map anyway) and High Ground(the damn beach).  Everything else was pretty solid.

Narrows is another really bad one, but yeah not all maps are like that.  Some are actually pretty good.  

But in Reach I hope that they will truly have random spawns (away from any enemies of course)

Narrows is probably the worst one. Also, Vessel if you're playing team doubles can be really bad too. They either need to work on locations or give you some protection right after you spawn.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:
JaggedSac said:
yo_john117 said:
themanwithnoname said:
They seriously need to fix respawns. I can't tell you how many times a day while playing Halo 3 I say "Yep, that's great, respawn them right behind me. Fantastic." After the third time or so, it really gets old.

Yeah its just wonderful that they spawn 5 feet behind, or you spawn in a shitty spot and get spawn raped.

The only place I really got spawn fucked was on Foundry(pretty small map anyway) and High Ground(the damn beach).  Everything else was pretty solid.

Narrows is another really bad one, but yeah not all maps are like that.  Some are actually pretty good.  

But in Reach I hope that they will truly have random spawns (away from any enemies of course)

Narrows is probably the worst one. Also, Vessel if you're playing team doubles can be really bad too. They either need to work on locations or give you some protection right after you spawn.

They actually have an algorithm that respawns you based on enemy and friendly location.  Sometimes it just so happens that the enemy players are spread out and they have to spawn you or them in an undesirable location.  And a really good team can try and exploit the system :)

But yes, hopefully they tweak it some more as well.  And based on previous Bungie games, they will.

JaggedSac said:
themanwithnoname said:
yo_john117 said:
JaggedSac said:
yo_john117 said:
themanwithnoname said:

They actually have an algorithm that respawns you based on enemy and friendly location.  Sometimes it just so happens that the enemy players are spread out and they have to spawn you or them in an undesirable location.  And a really good team can try and exploit the system :)

But yes, hopefully they tweak it some more as well.  And based on previous Bungie games, they will.

Yeah, I was playing SWAT on Narrows a few days ago and one guy sat by the turbolift every time, and I spawned across the map right into a headshot . It annoys me when people play cheap, instead of playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Bought ODST today instead of renting it... Only £15, bargain.

Now... Just got to wait...

I've had some time to work on the OP, it's a massive overhaul than before. Let me know what you guys think, and keep contributing to the thread, it's growing so nicely!

Halo Reach is going to be awesome!

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

OP looks great.

Thanks Jagged, i'll take away my little personal written note soon since it detracts from it, for now..off to the Dentist...ugh

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Dang good job with the OP alkamistar!!  

Great job with the OP AlkamistStar!!!

By the way new info is dropping on Reach tonight guys on GTTV, and Bungie.net's weekly update, be ready to discuss!!!!

Hopefully Invasion is going to blow our minds :) Cannot wait for the new info.