By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Worldwide Numbers Up - Feb 6, 2010! More adjustments too?!

As ever I'm amazed people are so emotionally touched by the numbers! To me they're interesting to view, but once a console has enough sales to ensure it gets games/developer support there's nothing to worry about after that.

If I had a 360 my only fear would have been it didn't sell enough to get full developer support, ditto with the PS3 or the Wii. With pretty much every title that's not exclusive or timed hitting both PS3/360 with essentially identical versions and Wii getting its own Nintendo franchises there really isn't too much to worry about anymore IMHO.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

to the PS3 adjustments argument I would like to add a few thoughts

1. As Sony most likely lists PS3s ordered/manufactured a large number of them being transported sitting in warehouses and on store shelves is common knowledge, But there are also PS3s that are put up as prizes or otherwise given away and then there are ones that got stolen or fell off trucks were damaged in transit etc.

2. The current shortages mainly in US is probably because retailers underestimated demand during/after the holidays and didn't order enough this also explains why a lot of PS3 may have been ordered that haven't reached shelves yet (large freighters can take weeks to cross oceans) also a lot of PS3s were probably ordered for big releases like God of war 3, Final fantasy XIII etc and if there were a lot of special edition Consoles they won't go on sale until the games release.

3. as has been said most of the adjustments were made in Others that is reportedly hard to track and ioi may be using a different method to extrapolate sales or got some Annual sales data that leads them to adjust sales

or they just hate the PS3 /JK

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Why don't we all sit down and breathe and relax a little, they're just numbers!

This is hardly the first time there have been adjustments, all though they might not have been this significant before. All this is due to Europe and Others region being notoriously hard to track properly and none of this is the team or the site's fault so calm down and have a beer (or some sex).

CGI-Quality said:
The Wii continues to outsell even the DS! Nothing short of amazing!

Of course,what else would you expect from Wii!

less PS3's sold by sony = less money lost, no?
could be a good thing for them lol!

the 3 mil discrepancy could be consoles ordered from Sony (i.e. bought) but not yet manufactured?
demand HAS been high...

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

You can not say X shipped while they are not yet produced......If it is possible I am surprised.

Was PSP also reduced ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Lostplanet22 said:
You can not say X shipped while they are not yet produced......If it is possible I am surprised.

an imaginary PS3 (ixPS3) is the solution to all problems with numbers, sold, shipped, produced, in the ship and in the train.

If I am correct, Sony changed the way they classify sold from "manufactured" to "shipped" a few years ago to be in line with other major retailers.

Smeags said:
Squilliam said:
Good sales, PSP, Xbox 360. Bad sales Wii, DS, PS3.

You make my heart smile.

You make my avatar smile.

Tease.