By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BOOM! Alan Wake for PC canned

BOOM! Alan Wake for PC canned

Total:0

Great news! X360 needs to keep it's best exclusives.

System seller.

Around the Network
Hisiru said:
Sorcery said:
Hisiru said:
Sorcery said:
Hisiru said:
Sorcery said:
I still think it'll be released on the PC at a later date, but they won't say anything until a few months after its 360 release, and it might be a year late.

That's exactly what people said about Gears 2.

Big difference, they've already shown off Alan Wake as a PC exclusive multiple times. You really think they're gonna convince every PC supremacist out there to cough up money just to play Alan Wake on a 360?

No differences, really. It's the same thing again: Microsoft realized that the x360 needs more exclusives and needs to show it's true power.

You really think that it's not going to push the x360 hardware sales? You really think that this fact won't help in the sales for the x360 version if it's the only version that you will be able to buy?

Please...

I'm pretty sure it's bloody obvious that I think it'll push 360 sales, considering I said they won't say anything about a PC release until several months after its 360 release. But if you want to be a condescending douche about it, go right ahead.

It's sort of like putting Bioshock on PS3 a year later, by then, no one gives two shits about it.

And I said that that's exactly what people said about Halo 3 and Gears 2.

Face it, Microsoft realized that they need more exclusives for the x360. Microsoft is supporting Remedy and they are also going to publish the game, you won't see it on PC just like Gears 2, Halo 3, Forza 3 and Fable 2/3.

And no, it's not bloody obvious that you think it will push 360 sales. You actually said "PC owners wont buy a console just to play one game", and I disagree with you. Some of those PC owners are waiting for this game for years. PC owners had games like Halo 1 & 2 and Gears 1, but Halo 3 and Gears 2 are on the x360 and Alan Wake is just another reason to buy a x360.

No, I ACTUALLY said, "you really think they're gonna convince every PC supremacist...".

Pretty obvious you're just mixing up words to fit your argument because of your misguided male instinct to always be right. Whatever bro, you're 100% right, zero possibility of Alan Wake coming out on PC.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Sorcery said:
Hisiru said:
Sorcery said:
Hisiru said:
Sorcery said:
Hisiru said:
Sorcery said:
I still think it'll be released on the PC at a later date, but they won't say anything until a few months after its 360 release, and it might be a year late.

That's exactly what people said about Gears 2.

Big difference, they've already shown off Alan Wake as a PC exclusive multiple times. You really think they're gonna convince every PC supremacist out there to cough up money just to play Alan Wake on a 360?

No differences, really. It's the same thing again: Microsoft realized that the x360 needs more exclusives and needs to show it's true power.

You really think that it's not going to push the x360 hardware sales? You really think that this fact won't help in the sales for the x360 version if it's the only version that you will be able to buy?

Please...

I'm pretty sure it's bloody obvious that I think it'll push 360 sales, considering I said they won't say anything about a PC release until several months after its 360 release. But if you want to be a condescending douche about it, go right ahead.

It's sort of like putting Bioshock on PS3 a year later, by then, no one gives two shits about it.

And I said that that's exactly what people said about Halo 3 and Gears 2.

Face it, Microsoft realized that they need more exclusives for the x360. Microsoft is supporting Remedy and they are also going to publish the game, you won't see it on PC just like Gears 2, Halo 3, Forza 3 and Fable 2/3.

And no, it's not bloody obvious that you think it will push 360 sales. You actually said "PC owners wont buy a console just to play one game", and I disagree with you. Some of those PC owners are waiting for this game for years. PC owners had games like Halo 1 & 2 and Gears 1, but Halo 3 and Gears 2 are on the x360 and Alan Wake is just another reason to buy a x360.

No, I ACTUALLY said, "you really think they're gonna convince every PC supremacist...".

Pretty obvious you're just mixing up words to fit your argument because of your misguided male instinct to always be right. Whatever bro, you're 100% right, zero possibility of Alan Wake coming out on PC.

And where are you saying that it will push 360 sales? Why is it "bloody obvious"? As I said before, the PC owners are waiting for this game for years, I think they have a reason to buy a x360 no matter how PC supremacist they are. All we can assume here is that PC owners will have a reason to buy a x360, if they will buy or not is another story (and we can't be sure, since we don't have a crystal ball).

No, I don't have a misguided male instinct to always be right, because I am not perfect. I think you're taking things too personally, keep your words as peaceful as possible, please.

I don't mind the decision, but why beat around the bush with the reason? What they say doesn't hold up. Clearly MS wanted more 360 exclusives and less 360/PC exclusives and I just wish they'd say so.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

numonex said:
Great news. Alan Wake becomes a 360 exclusive. If you want Alan Wake you must own a 360. Alan Wake has system selling potential.

If what it does builds up a following and it is the best of its type, or competent and the only game really of its type, then it does have system-selling potential.

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:

Like I said last year, it's a shame that it's not coming to PC anymore as I would have liked to play it. I'm not going to buy a 360 for this game though.

Oh well.

What I find silliest about this is that Alan Wake was originally shown as a showcase for Windows Vista and Quad Core gaming. Granted a lot has changed from 2005-2007 to now, and I won't hold it against Microsoft for making their games exclusive to 360. Hope this turns out great for 360 owners, but I probably won't be playing it.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

That stinks, but i was getting it for X360 anyway.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Approve of the thread. 360 fans need to stand as a community. This year we are seeing the 360 at a whole different level.

It does annoy me to a certain extent since I was very keen on seeing the game on PC simply from a purely technical standpoint, it was after all one of the flagship titles to showcase multicore processors back in the day with weather and lighting effects.
It won't matter that much though, I'll simply get the 360 version and enjoy that instead!

Slimebeast said:
Great news! X360 needs to keep it's best exclusives.

System seller.

True,a real system seller,even if it has competition (Heavy Rain).

But competition is always good for the industry and consumers