By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - BOOM! Alan Wake for PC canned

BOOM! Alan Wake for PC canned

Total:0

Hehehe...glad to be an Xbox 360 owner.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:

Seems that Remedy is thinking the same thing. Why let your game on the PC where it can get piratated and sell your game with about 3 mil profit when you can get about 5 mil or more from MS and get then to invest in your advertises,because it`s 360 exclusive and a system seller.

Plus,to reach those graphics levels,you will need a very good gaming PC. Not many of those around,and not many will pay for the Pc and the game.

So...smart move Remedy.

Stan85 said:
huaxiong90 said:

Seems that Remedy is thinking the same thing. Why let your game on the PC where it can get piratated and sell your game with about 3 mil profit when you can get about 5 mil or more from MS and get then to invest in your advertises,because it`s 360 exclusive and a system seller.

Plus,to reach those graphics levels,you will need a very good gaming PC. Not many of those around,and not many will pay for the Pc and the game.

So...smart move Remedy.

Umm...Xbox 360 games get pirated too, you know..."PC = piracy only" is a very blanket statement.

Reasonable said:
I don't mind the decision, but why beat around the bush with the reason? What they say doesn't hold up. Clearly MS wanted more 360 exclusives and less 360/PC exclusives and I just wish they'd say so.

Well, in their defense, to say "we need more 360 exclusives" isn't exactly a healthy PR statement.

huaxiong90 said:
Stan85 said:
huaxiong90 said:

So...smart move Remedy.

Umm...Xbox 360 games get pirated too, you know..."PC = piracy only" is a very blanket statement.

People using pirate games on the x360 can be banned and lose the xbox live. The xbox live is one of the best features on the xbox, so we can't really compare. PC owners won't lose anything if they download a pirated game.

Around the Network

why is everybody so happy about this?
Isn't better to let more people play the game?
It's not like the pc version is holding the 360 version back or something.
Or are you just fanboys who cares about the sales?
I bet ( my opinion) is that MS did this because of the Ps3 is gaining ground.
They need to give the people more reasons to buy an Xbox 360(money whores)

Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Stan85 said:
huaxiong90 said:

So...smart move Remedy.

People using pirate games on the x360 can be banned and lose the xbox live. The xbox live is one of the best features on the xbox, so we can't really compare. PC owners won't lose anything if they download a pirated game.

It is a single player game though.

fille905 said:
why is everybody so happy about this?
Isn't better to let more people play the game?
It's not like the pc version is holding the 360 version back or something.
Or are you just fanboys who cares about the sales?
I bet ( my opinion) is that MS did this because of the Ps3 is gaining ground.
They need to give the people more reasons to buy an Xbox 360(money whores)

I was taking you seriously till the red part. Tell me, which corporation AREN'T money whores?

huaxiong90 said:
Reasonable said:
I don't mind the decision, but why beat around the bush with the reason? What they say doesn't hold up. Clearly MS wanted more 360 exclusives and less 360/PC exclusives and I just wish they'd say so.

Well, in their defense, to say "we need more 360 exclusives" isn't exactly a healthy PR statement.

I guess not...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Stan85 said:
huaxiong90 said:

So...smart move Remedy.

It is a single player game though.

only a small percentage of xbox owners will actually be able to pirate the game then. To pirate on the 360 you can never go online. At all. The number of people who have two 360s, one for online and one for pirated games, is slim, and owners of just one modded system is probably just as low. Compare these demographics with the number of people who own a PC and an unmodded 360. The number difference is staggering. Probably 5-10% versus 75% or so.