BOOM! Alan Wake for PC canned

Total:0
huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Stan85 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hehehe...glad to be an Xbox 360 owner.

Seems that Remedy is thinking the same thing. Why let your game on the PC where it can get piratated and sell your game with about 3 mil profit when you can get about 5 mil or more from MS and get then to invest in your advertises,because it`s 360 exclusive and a system seller.

Plus,to reach those graphics levels,you will need a very good gaming PC. Not many of those around,and not many will pay for the Pc and the game.

So...smart move Remedy.

Umm...Xbox 360 games get pirated too, you know..."PC = piracy only" is a very blanket statement.

People using pirate games on the x360 can be banned and lose the xbox live. The xbox live is one of the best features on the xbox, so we can't really compare. PC owners won't lose anything if they download a pirated game.

It is a single player game though.

Yes, but if someone has a modded x360 to play pirated games he will be banned soon or later, he won't be able to play online (multiplayer games) or use the xbox live and it hurts a lot the piracy on the x360. With that said, piracy on the xbox 360 = not a big reality because you will have a lot of disadvantages, it's nothing similar to what we see on the PC.

Around the Network

Hmm well i was already planning on getting this on PC if i indeed pick this up

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Bottom line: Microsoft needs true exclusives for the 360 to remain competitive with the PS3. Microsoft did claim that being the first to market like the PS2 (which was a lie because the Dreamcast was first) guarantees "winning" the "console war." They also said that about being the first console to sell 10 million units. Too bad for them both Nintendo and SONY proved and are proving them wrong.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hisiru said:
huaxiong90 said:
Stan85 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Hehehe...glad to be an Xbox 360 owner.

Seems that Remedy is thinking the same thing. Why let your game on the PC where it can get piratated and sell your game with about 3 mil profit when you can get about 5 mil or more from MS and get then to invest in your advertises,because it`s 360 exclusive and a system seller.

Plus,to reach those graphics levels,you will need a very good gaming PC. Not many of those around,and not many will pay for the Pc and the game.

So...smart move Remedy.

Umm...Xbox 360 games get pirated too, you know..."PC = piracy only" is a very blanket statement.

People using pirate games on the x360 can be banned and lose the xbox live. The xbox live is one of the best features on the xbox, so we can't really compare. PC owners won't lose anything if they download a pirated game.

It is a single player game though.

Yes, but if someone has a modded x360 to play pirated games he will be banned soon or later, he won't be able to play online (multiplayer games) or use the xbox live and it hurts a lot the piracy on the x360. With that said, piracy on the xbox 360 = not a big reality because you will have a lot of disadvantages, it's nothing similar to what we see on the PC.

Oh I know that. I should've been more clear. It's true that PC piracy levels are much due to less potential consequences (though there are people who have 2 Xbox 360's, one modded, and one strictly for online games), but at the same time, you can't condemn the PC's software selling power because of it. Just look at Steam.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

1337 Gamer said:

Don't you mean Xbox 360?

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:

Oh I know that. I should've been more clear. It's true that PC piracy levels are much due to less potential consequences (though there are people who have 2 Xbox 360's, one modded, and one strictly for online games), but at the same time, you can't condemn the PC's software selling power because of it. Just look at Steam.

What you're missing is that we aren't bashing the PC for piracy. We are saying that, being that there is a huge proportion of 360 owners with a PC, why buy the game for 360 when you can pirate it on PC, or even just buy on steam for 50% off a few weeks later? The idea of making it console exclusive, is to increase the game's console and console game's sales. If you can only play 360 games on 360, it gives you a reason to buy a 360. If you can play 360 games on a PC, why get a 360?

That is what we were talking about.

Jordahn said:
Bottom line: Microsoft needs true exclusives for the 360 to remain competitive with the PS3. Microsoft did claim that being the first to market like the PS2 (which was a lie because the Dreamcast was first) guarantees "winning" the "console war." They also said that about being the first console to sell 10 million units. Too bad for them both Nintendo and SONY proved and are proving them wrong.

Please explain how you can say that?? Last time I remember the PS3 has cost Sony billions and last place. I would say Sony proved them right.

theprof00 said:
huaxiong90 said:

What you're missing is that we aren't bashing the PC for piracy. We are saying that, being that there is a huge proportion of 360 owners with a PC, why buy the game for 360 when you can pirate it on PC, or even just buy on steam for 50% off a few weeks later? The idea of making it console exclusive, is to increase the game's console and console game's sales. If you can only play 360 games on 360, it gives you a reason to buy a 360. If you can play 360 games on a PC, why get a 360?

That is what we were talking about.

Ahh, ok. In that case, I respectfully withdraw my comments and fully agree. It's just the detail regarding PC piracy was worded a little wrongly, so I got confused. My bad.

huaxiong90 said:
1337 Gamer said:

Don't you mean Xbox 360?

Yeah haha thats what i meant!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Dark Chaos said:
Jordahn said:

Please explain who you can say that?? Last time I remember the PS3 has cost Sony billions and last place. I would say Sony proved them right.

I believe the CONTEXT here is the number of units sold.  When the original Xbox and the Gamecube were released, the PS2 not only maintained its lead it also EXCEEDED it.  Since the PS3 and Wii have been released, the Wii has overall surpassed the 360 sales while the PS3 have periodically outsold the 360 while not giving the 360 the comfortable lead three years after the PS3's release.  In contrast three years after the original Xbox and the Gamecube, the PS2's lead was untouchable as history has proven.  This is NOT the case with the 360 thus far.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.