By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia or ATI

Nvidia or ATI

Nvidia 46 38.98%

ATI 67 56.78%

S3 5 4.24%

Total:118

Neither in the long run; just whichever can give me the best performance for my pricepoint when I'm looking for a new GPU. The last time I bought one it was Nvidia.

So currently Nvidia.

Around the Network

AMD, because they offer better performance/price at the moment.

Some of Nvidia's business practices are questionable(rebranding, Batman AA lockin, SLI not for AMD motherboards, bumpgate, lack of Linux open-source drivers) but that wouldn't stop me buying from them if their cards had better performance/price. As it is they don't even have any DX11 cards.

ATI FTW.

ATI for me, always.

Wow, I wonder who voted for S3. LOL

Around the Network

ATi/AMD all the way. The two are generally paired, so I thought I would throw AMD in there.

I love my ATi Radeon X1250 integrated graphics. The POS can run the Orange Box, so that's enough for me.

I'm going for GTX285 so I guess Nvidia for me. Wanted to get GTX295 but it seems it's just as powerful as a GTX260 which lead me to the decision of saving for GTX285.

scottie said:
If you're getting a top of the range compy, Nvidia
If you're getting a cheap compy, ATI

The most expensive graphics card on the market is ATI, conversely I believe the cheapest motherboards with IGPs are Nvidia ones.

Tease.

ATI. The last Nvidia card I bought fried itself and took my entire system with it.

@Iron Megalith

Be careful with those cards. My best friend has been staunch Nvidia guy for years and he's had two 280 series cards die on him. He got so pissed he bought a 5850.

Surprisingly, I saw 5770 for only $200 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Cheap, if you ask me.