Forums - PC Discussion - Nvidia or ATI

Nvidia or ATI

Nvidia 46 38.98%

ATI 67 56.78%

S3 5 4.24%

Total:118
jefforange89 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
nVidia. They have always had better and more reliable drivers than ATI.

That's actually not true at all: http://gizmodo.com/373076/nvidia-responsible-for-nearly-30-of-vista-crashes-in-2007

ATi for me.

Never used Vista so your chart is utterly irrelevant to me.  I'm on Windows 7 with an nVidia card and it works flawlessly. 

Of course, I'm also a little biased because I fried my last ATI card while all my nVidia cards still run as well today as the day I got them.

Around the Network

Whatever is cheaper and faster than the competition. This was nvidia when I built my pc (8800gs for $50), but ati has some great value cards. My only bias is towards low prices.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Nvidia is better quality than ATI just less user friendly. ATI is more user friendly but has many more problems.

I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me. What Video Game Character Are You?
Klarr said:

Nvidia is better quality than ATI just less user friendly. ATI is more user friendly but has many more problems.

ATI is known to make better and cheaper GPUs than Nvidia. That's a fact.

switched to ati long time ago, when my geforce 3 died and less than a month later the cheap geforce 2mx that i got as a short time replacement died too. had a radeon 8500, 9700, x850, mobile hd 3650 (on my laptop) and a hd 4850 now and never had any problems since the switch.

Around the Network

If you're getting a top of the range compy, Nvidia
If you're getting a cheap compy, ATI

I wanted to vote N and I clicked A....

anyways the short answer now is 3D vision.

for perenity... then idk.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

ameratsu said:
Whatever is cheaper and faster than the competition.

Yep. Bit stupid to buy something from one company over another unless there's a compelling reason to do so.

Words Of Wisdom said:
nVidia. They have always had better and more reliable drivers than ATI.

This hasn't been true for years.

I don't have any brand loyalty except to the company that provides the best price:performance ratio for my money, and right now that happens to be ATI. ATI's cards beat NVidia's offerings on all pricing levels when it comes to raw power. NVidia, by contrast, has come to increasinly rely upon useless gimmicks (PhysX, 3D Vision) to justify their high price points.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

At the moment ATI because they are cheap and have a lot of power.

Nvidia mostly offers the more powerful cards per GPU generation, but also much more expensive ones.