By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Top 10 selling games in Saudi Arabia

Tenkin said:

how did Army Of Two 40th Day get that far up the list

Virtual training for Al - Queda members, I presume.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

The Middle East is like that... for fact. I live in Israel, and the only people who buy a 360 over the PS3 do it because they're too "wise" to pay for games.

MikeB said:
@ Mendicate Bias

Also surprised by how many Sony-only selling shops there are in Iran. I saw 3 nearby each other.

Well yea just 7 years ago the name videogame was synonymous with Sony, everyone had a playstation. When I brought my Xbox there and showed them 4 player split-screen with Halo:CE they kept calling my xbox a sony. So i would imagine its still a pretty big brand. However since Iran doesn't get any games from publishers their only way of gaming is through piracy hence why the 360 is so big there now. The only way a PS3 would be worth it would be if a person had a friend or relative that traveled a lot and bought the games for them since importing is practically impossible.

Which markets did you go to that you saw the PS3's?

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

@ Mendicate Bias

I did some shopping in the city centers of Tehran, Isfahan and Karaj. These shops were selling games though, but I think not the latest releases. Maybe they are imports.

Branding is a funny thing in Iran, if one brand gets popular in Iran it usually stays the general name for a whole line of similar products.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Im surprised to see Bioshock 2 so high on the list, well it deserves the spot.

I expect Bad Company 2 to be on the top 5 once it is released.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
jedians said:
perpride said:
Fab_GS said:
Bamboleo said:
I thought muslim people weren't allowed to game :S

that's an offense to Allah or something??

A friend told me this, I'm not coming up with it.

...............?

dude your friend knows absolutley nothing about anything....that's one of the stupidest comments anyone has ever made about my religion...and trust me I've heard some stupid comments.

i agree

Sorry if I offended you but when my friend said that to me it sounded reasonable comparing to other religious stuff muslim people do.

what other religious stuff u saw that makes u ignorant? bro in every relegion you will find some stupid peoples but it doesnt mean that all muslims,christians.hindus,jews are alike.is there is no any single person in ur religion who is not doing stuff against ur relegion.so grow up bro

Bamboleo said:
jedians said:
perpride said:
Fab_GS said:
Bamboleo said:

...............?

dude your friend knows absolutley nothing about anything....that's one of the stupidest comments anyone has ever made about my religion...and trust me I've heard some stupid comments.

i agree

Sorry if I offended you but when my friend said that to me it sounded reasonable comparing to other religious stuff muslim people do.

Edit: Forget it....Your not worth it.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

It's not like people like their PS3's more and Xbox 360's less. All other platforms other than PS3 were hacked so people are downloading/buying pirated games.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Looks like the PS3 has strog legs in Arabian countries!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Bamboleo said:
jedians said:
perpride said:
Fab_GS said:
Bamboleo said:

...............?

i agree

really??? such as?