By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Intel or AMD processors?

Intel or AMD processors?

Intel 110 50.23%

AMD 109 49.77%

Total:219

AMD, better value for money, there is no reason spending a lot more cash for an intel setup for a few fps more. Also i like AMD as a company, they do not play with the customer like intel. They have kept the am2 socket compatible with am3 and have upgraded my pc with little money.
Overall i never liked Intels moves and i remember what it used to be in the past and their stupid descisions. RDRAM support instead of DDR,

If you want more benchmark numbers take Intel, if you want a great gaming pc at a reasonable price take AMD. You will upgrade both systems anyway in a few years.

Around the Network

AMD if ur looking for afordable gaming. intel if u want the best performance for way to much money XD

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

If I was just a gamer.. I would go AMD likewise with ATI.. Those are solid good deals for what you pay for. Otherwise if I were to do something else let's say Video compositing/heavy rendering I'd go for Intel Nvidia combo.

AMD make the best processors for the money, Intel makes the best processors period. Sandy Bridge vs Bulldozer? We shall see.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Also, on the NVidia vs ATI, I actually suggest you pick the COMPANY that makes the card, and then the card. For instance, I love EVGA, and they use Nvidia. So, even though an ATI card might be a 'better deal' EVGA doesn't sell it.

Nvidia and ATI both have fine cards, so it's apples and oranges. Go with the brand you trust.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

If you want an amazing chip go Intel, if you're lazy and don't want to find a cheap intel chip, go AMD.

Whichever happens to have the best value. I've had both AMD and Intel and I've been happy with both. Right now I have an Intel E6400 at stock rate and it's still fine for gaming so I'm pretty happy with it.

AMD. Source engine runs better on it.

Intel ATM, better multimedia sets in the CPU itself, and also better for emulators while being highly OC'able to widen the gap even more. Intel AMD(ATI) = Multimedia Beast. Also looking forward to the new AMD APUs in portable computing, that'll change everything.

Snesboy said:

AMD. Source engine runs better on it.

does it even matter when source games go faster than 120FPS after maxing everything out on either one? =P