By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - never been outside of America

I've never been oversea's. I hope to go someday. What are the best places to visit. I personally always wanted to go to london/U.K. and Hawaii. I guess Hawaii counts as going oversea's. I just want to know what good places people have been to. I don't want to offend,but do people in the U.K. go pip,pip cherrio.

Around the Network

Only on occasion.

There's a certain snobbery amongst Europeans about Americans who never leave the country "never get to see the culture", blah, blah - but, then when you look at where people go on holiday: we Brits tend to go to Southern Europe, or skiing in the North, or to the Americas (mainly Florida/New York) - we don't go for the culture, we mainly go for the same reasons that Americans go on holiday, but, due to the vastness of the country, and its geographical location, it has everything they want there. If we Brits want sun, we have to go to Southern Europe. If someone from Michigan wants sun, they bowl down South.

Well, there are a lot of places that are good to visit, I think it boils down to what you want to see

Culture, history, relaxation, etc.

What do you wanna go for? Adventure? relaxation? culture?

If you want adventure/backpacking then I'd recommend South-East Asia, specifically Cambodia. It's amazing, and being a Tomb Raider fan I quite enjoyed jumping around the old ruins of the Khmer empire. They've a ton near Siem Reap that are in the middle of the jungle. Quite an experience. It also has nice beaches as does Thailand. The Thai are a bit wiser to tourism though (they'll see you as a walking ATM).

Culture I'd recommend either Egypt, Greece or Italy. Lot's of very cool anchient history. I've also heard great things about Mexico and Peru which is a bit nearer the States and probably cheaper for you?

Relaxation, probably Southern Spain... although it'd probably have more British people than Spanish, lol.

And if you want to go to the future, you might want to visit Japan ;)

Somewhere in southeast/east Asia sounds fun, for the culture.

Meh, you can go almost anywhere and you can find something. 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

I dident much care for London

but

PARIS, omg what a city, the history, the culture truly a great place if you appreciate french history

also i hear Canada is pretty amazing

I really want to go to CANADA! May go Egypt this year.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Your girlfriend won't like Egypt, the Egyptian boys won't stop harassing her. They are really pushy, especially if she has blond hair.

I want to go to Russia.

Am definately going Japan after UnIversity!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."