By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - never been outside of America

I've never been out of the South. I've also never been on an airplane.

Around the Network

I went to Canada when I was five with my brothers and my dad. :) I don't remember much, I remember eating pancakes, looking at the falls, and french speaking people.
wow. that was this year.

Scoobes said:
nordlead said:
as much as I'd like to travel overseas, it's a lot cheaper for me to travel within the US and surrounding areas. So far I've been to Canada (PEI, Toronto, Kingston, other areas), most of the northeast of the US (NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington DC + lots and lots of other areas) + Florida & Arizona, and I've been on 2 cruises that took me to Mexico, Honduras, Cayman Islands, Belize, and the Bahamas.

So without even leaving the Americas I've probably traveled over a broader area than most people on this website. As some people have stated, unless you are going for the culture (totally not my thing ) then there is a ton to see without leaving this side of the world

You're also missing out on so much though! There's just so much of the world still to see! I'm actually the opposite of you in that I've travelled around (Europe, Asia, Africa) but have yet to visit the Americas.

Still though, there's plenty to respect about seeing what's in your own backyard, and plenty to discover there too. As a Canadian, I woefully regret that I still haven't been to B.C. or the maritimes. Hell, I've never even been to Quebec City and I've only done Montreal once!

As for the cruises to the Islands. Provided you get out of the tourist traps and resort areas, that's actually a lot of pretty cool world nordlead got to enjoy.

None of it can top Asia though. :)

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

MontanaHatchet said:
I lived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for a year. THAT will teach you a lot about the other side of life. Instead of taking a short trip to another country and having them steal your money, live in another country (like Stof did). It's really fun, and you learn a lot.

The only upside i can see in living in ethopia for a year is the food.

Ethopian food is amazing.

SamuelRSmith said:
highwaystar101 said:
SamuelRSmith said:
highwaystar101 said:
Why on Earth would anyone want to go to London? The place is too busy and everyone is a Manchester United fan.

Well, it's better than the, *cringes*, North.

I'm not getting into this again...

*struggles to resist*

.... Rargh, I'm not a fucking northerner.

*sighs*, do I need to get my map out, again?

I think I do!

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5748/essexmapofuk.png

hah that's awesome

Around the Network

I haven't been out of the states either, I was going to as a Senior trip but the school messed the whole thing up and it was canceled.
I have been to several other states though,

stof said:
Scoobes said:
nordlead said:
as much as I'd like to travel overseas, it's a lot cheaper for me to travel within the US and surrounding areas. So far I've been to Canada (PEI, Toronto, Kingston, other areas), most of the northeast of the US (NYC, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington DC + lots and lots of other areas) + Florida & Arizona, and I've been on 2 cruises that took me to Mexico, Honduras, Cayman Islands, Belize, and the Bahamas.

So without even leaving the Americas I've probably traveled over a broader area than most people on this website. As some people have stated, unless you are going for the culture (totally not my thing ) then there is a ton to see without leaving this side of the world

You're also missing out on so much though! There's just so much of the world still to see! I'm actually the opposite of you in that I've travelled around (Europe, Asia, Africa) but have yet to visit the Americas.

Still though, there's plenty to respect about seeing what's in your own backyard, and plenty to discover there too. As a Canadian, I woefully regret that I still haven't been to B.C. or the maritimes. Hell, I've never even been to Quebec City and I've only done Montreal once!

As for the cruises to the Islands. Provided you get out of the tourist traps and resort areas, that's actually a lot of pretty cool world nordlead got to enjoy.

None of it can top Asia though. :)

Yea, it's pretty cool seeing all the American history just contained within Philadelphia and Washington DC. I'd love to visit DC again, since my wife has never been there.

As for the cruises, my main draw is swiming in crystal clear ocean with bright and colorful fishes I also took this cab ride on one island which was really cool as he showed us all the local stuff that you wouldn't see normally. He even stopped the van real quick and pulled local fruit off a tree that was pretty decent.

Obviously no one could ever visit everything, but there is nothing wrong with exploring your own back yard either. One day I'll probably visit Ireland as that is where my wife really wants to visit.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)