By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nippon Ichi in trouble...

Losses, cancelations and stock freezes!  Oh My!

Things are looking grim for the house that Prinny built...

Nippon Ichi are having trouble with getting extra orders for many of their titles. In Q3, titles such as "Antiphona no Seikahime" and "La Pucelle Ragnarok" sold significantly less than expected. 

A further 5 original titles are scheduled for Q4. As of Feb 5th, initial shipments are much lower than expected (Note: of these 5 titles, only Last Rebellion has been released).

Nippon Ichi has stopped development of 2 titles which were planned for the next fiscal year. This alone has resulted in a loss of 80 million yen.

Earnings forecast revision for the fiscal year ending March 2010: [millions of yen]
Net Sales: 2,721 -> 1,891
Operating Income: 112 -> -268 (loss)
Recurring Income: 89 -> -259 (loss)
Net Profit: 53 -> -358 (loss)

The company's closing price on the JASDAQ (Japanese NASDAQ) was ¥36,200 on Friday. When the market opened this morning, and investors began reacting to Nippon Ichi's financial statement, the stock price ultimately dropped ¥7,000 (US$78) as the stock was unloaded. With the stock's value dropping almost 20 percent, the JASDAQ put a freeze on the price so it could not slide any further south.

Around the Network

Maybe somebody will buy them out.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Ouch...

As much as i'm sorry to say it - they deserve it.

Why did they make all of these niche JRPGs for the PS3 all the time? Disgaea makes sense since it has somewhat of a broad audience, but stuff like Last Rebellion? Seriously? Games like that would've been much cheaper to produce, and will have a bigger audience, it they were made for the DS/PSP.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Maybe $ony will buy them.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

At first....they shoud change the company name...

↑ drawn by Tino Vainamoinen aka ex-NFG.  thx 

へんたい from japan, sorry.my english is suck,so plain english plz.  thx

taq1109 said:
At first....they shoud change the company name...

Agreed.

Change their name first when the buyout occurs LOL be funny if microsoft bought them but damn they need development studios other then internal

They do release a lot of titles I want on PS3/P. Give the Wii/DS some love.

What's wrong with their name? And I suspect their money troubles are linked to their games extreme niche appeal.