By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nippon Ichi in trouble...

Ports are about all they could do on 360 at this point, and even then only Disgaea 3 (or a Disgaea Trilogy collection) would probably be worth it. XBLA might be attractive though. They should port Idea Factory's remake of their DS puzzler (Jigsaw World) there.

Around the Network

Yeah they should do more 360 games. I hope they don't go out of buisness.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

kaput

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Why do I get the sense people are blaming their support for Sony as the reason for going out of business instead of their shitty business and bad games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
Why do I get the sense people are blaming their support for Sony as the reason for going out of business instead of their shitty business and bad games.

For the same reason some blame Nintendo for Wii flops I suppose...news like these are perfect console war ammo.

OT:

Nippon Ichi should make for games for PSN, XBLA and WW. Or maybe fire the guys running the business part of the company.

Around the Network

I didn't realize how bad it was for them unti lthe loses were brought up. Then I did some research and saw that their games were constantly bombing on PSP and ps3 (only platforms they're really supporting). I went to GameFAQs and someone said they were expecting 1 million worldwide for Last Rebellion and that they were banking mostly on the western market. Really? 1 mllion for that tripe? On the PS3? I can't believe that. I don't believe it.

Also, chalk up Classic Dungeon on PSP as their latest bomb. Doesn't sound like they know how to get out of this mess.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
I didn't realize how bad it was for them unti lthe loses were brought up. The nI did some research and saw that their gams were constantly bombing on PSP and ps3 (only platforms they're really supporting). I went to GameFAQs and someone said they were expecting 1 million worldwide for Last Rebellion and that they were banking mostly on the western market. Really? 1 mllion for that tripe? On the PS3? I can't believe that.

Also, chalk up Classic Dungeon on PSP as their latest bomb. Doesn't sound like they know how to get out of this mess.

Well it sad to see this but its really there fault.... These guys litterally choose to catter to a small niche fanbase..without growing it, They port lots of there older titles, ports rarely do well now add niche to that. Nippon needs to start Xxpanding, its good to be loyal to fans but no to where it may cost you your business

Xxain said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I didn't realize how bad it was for them unti lthe loses were brought up. The nI did some research and saw that their gams were constantly bombing on PSP and ps3 (only platforms they're really supporting). I went to GameFAQs and someone said they were expecting 1 million worldwide for Last Rebellion and that they were banking mostly on the western market. Really? 1 mllion for that tripe? On the PS3? I can't believe that.

Well it sad to see this but its really there fault.... These guys litterally choose to catter to a small niche fanbase..without growing it, They port lots of there older titles, ports rarely do well now add niche to that. Nippon needs to start Xxpanding, its good to be loyal to fans but no to where it may cost you your business

It's not wrong to pander to and thrive off of a niche base. Someone has to do it. Look at Gust - they've been doing it for generations.

The problem is that NIS doesn't learn. When this generation rolled around, the only thing they could sell was Disgaea. Everything ese bombed for various reasons, but it looks like the low budget approach isn't working on PS3 and PSP yet they are still putting out the exact same stuff that no one was buying in the first place.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Meh, no big loss, there RPG's were subpar at best imo.

axumblade said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Meh, no big loss, there RPG's were subpar at best imo.

that does it...the fallout vegas avatar is coming back....

lol