By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nippon Ichi in trouble...

impur1ty said:
What's wrong with their name? And I suspect their money troubles are linked to their games extreme niche appeal.

Because Nippon Ichi translates to something like "Japan's Number One".

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Hmm they haven't released any good quality title since Disgaea 3 on stationary consoles, and their PSP titles have extremly bad availability coupled together with some really unfriendly pricing on PSN no suprise they are in trouble.

Plus from what i heard Last Rebellion is candidate for worst game of 2010 already.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

*bump*

Their president (Tomohiro Sato) announced his resignation last week.  Not looking good... I think we're headed for a buyout or merger or (eventually) bankruptcy.

Let's see if they'd do better with a bit of shuffling at the top ranks.

jarrod said:

*bump*

Their president (Tomohiro Sato) announced his resignation last week.  Not looking good... I think we're headed for a buyout or merger or (eventually) bankruptcy.

"Update: Tomohiro Sato is actually the company's head of Sales and Marketing. The current president, Sohei Shinkawa, is not stepping down. We apologize for the mix-up."

Around the Network

That means they are continuing to head for the iceberg.

badgenome said:
jarrod said:

*bump*

"Update: Tomohiro Sato is actually the company's head of Sales and Marketing. The current president, Sohei Shinkawa, is not stepping down. We apologize for the mix-up."

Ack!  That's what I get for not reading through the article and posting it late. :/

I wonder when NIS is going to finally get around to using that 360 license they secured?

A buyout or merger is imminent.

If they go bankrupt, it'll be a sad day.

'twould be nice if Sony bought them.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Bullet100000 said:
Maybe $ony will buy them.

Eh, I don't see it.  Disgaea's their only marketable property, and it's still a super niche, low tech SRPG.  Why would Sony want to buy them?  They'd be an awful fit in the SCEWWS structure. :/

Ditto for Microsoft, or Nintendo, or most large 3rd party publishers honestly.  Maybe I could see Koei or Atlus or someone being interested.  A merger with Marvelous or Idea Factory or Falcom or someone could work too, and NIS could be more attractive there since they have a western publishing outfit already.

jarrod said:
badgenome said:
jarrod said:

*bump*

Ack!  That's what I get for not reading through the article and posting it late. :/

I wonder when NIS is going to finally get around to using that 360 license they secured?

What do you suggest they should do with their 360 license? One of the main issues that got them here in the first place is that they lined up too many ports in a short period of time.