By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nippon Ichi in trouble...

axumblade said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Meh, no big loss, there RPG's were subpar at best imo.

that does it...the fallout vegas avatar is coming back....

Nuuuuu be nice dood!

Around the Network
psrock said:
Why do I get the sense people are blaming their support for Sony as the reason for going out of business instead of their shitty business and bad games.

Because they belive that releasing something on HD system automatically ads one zero to the cost of producing game no matter how crappy it looks :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

^Someone trying to pretend that HD flops aren't more expensive/damaging than Wii flops?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Zlejedi said:
psrock said:
Why do I get the sense people are blaming their support for Sony as the reason for going out of business instead of their shitty business and bad games.

Because they belive that releasing something on HD system automatically ads one zero to the cost of producing game no matter how crappy it looks :)

I'd imagine it's more because NIS has put 99% of their focus on Sony platforms this gen.  The Nintendo platforms did get a few ancient ports though.

I hope they don't go completely out of business, I like some of their games a lot. On the other hand I haven't been all that impressed with stuff post Disgaea 3, and their add-on milking on that one was somewhat annoying.

And I love Disgaea 3 as gameplay and lasting value, but it definitely could have had at least more detailed sprites.

Around the Network

They've got to churn out PS3 games using the engine that they developed for Disgaea 3. If they can get a couple of fairly successful games, they might claw themselves out of the hole with little monetary risk.

Cactus said:
They've got to churn out PS3 games using the engine that they developed for Disgaea 3. If they can get a couple of fairly successful games, they might claw themselves out of the hole with little monetary risk.

I think Disgaea 4 has likely been fast tracked by now.  Disgaea 3 underperformed a bit for them though btw (expected 120k, sold 90-100k).

I think we're going to see Disgaea 3 PSP pretty soon too.  

jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:
psrock said:

I'd imagine it's more because NIS has put 99% of their focus on Sony platforms this gen.  The Nintendo platforms did get a few ancient ports though.

You are so annoying. Nippon has 3 Issues the 1st is There Nichest of Niche and they willingly stay there, There games have such a small target audience you need a microscope to see it. They need to consider creating games with a broader appeal, GUST and ATLUS are bot Niche too but they definitely have more penetration and sell moderately well for being Niche SONY focused developers. 2nd is the Budget behind there there titles, Nippon is gonna have too step up and a risk of developing a better engine when GUST went to PS3 Altelier Iris and Ar Tonelico 3 got new engines and 3D for the 1st time - they still dont looks as good as some of the budget titles but it definitely helps at giving there game a chance to sell to ppl who blow it off because its 2D, it paid off with Altelier Rorona highest selling game in the lonb running series. They cannot continue to put these PS2 lookin games on PS3 and Xxpect alot of atention. 3rd is less ports more new work, ports never sell better the originals we already the issues.... basically stop trying this a SONY thing and look at choices the company, there putting themselves in this situation. GUST, ATLUS are primary SONY are doing good.

Bullet100000 said:
Maybe $ony will buy them.

yes hopefully they will buy them.Give them some proper funding to make amazing games like disgaea with true HD graphics.

Xxain said:
jarrod said:
Zlejedi said:
psrock said:

You are so annoying. Nippon has 3 Issues the 1st is There Nichest of Niche and they willingly stay there, There games have such a small target audience you need a microscope to see it. They need to consider creating games with a broader appeal, GUST and ATLUS are bot Niche too but they definitely have more penetration and sell moderately well for being Niche SONY focused developers. 2nd is the Budget behind there there titles, Nippon is gonna have too step up and a risk of developing a better engine when GUST went to PS3 Altelier Iris and Ar Tonelico 3 got new engines and 3D for the 1st time - they still dont looks as good as some of the budget titles but it definitely helps at giving there game a chance to sell to ppl who blow it off because its 2D, it paid off with Altelier Rorona highest selling game in the lonb running series. They cannot continue to put these PS2 lookin games on PS3 and Xxpect alot of atention. 3rd is less ports more new work, ports never sell better the originals we already the issues.... basically stop trying this a SONY thing and look at choices the company, there putting themselves in this situation. GUST, ATLUS are primary SONY are doing good.

we will see how willingly they stay there when they have to close shop. If another company buys them they will do what that company tells them to do. all about the $$$ im afraid.