By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Of these 2nd Party dev(s), who could you see Sony buying by gen's end?!

Of these 2nd Party dev(s), who could you see Sony buying by gen's end?!

Insomniac 71 34.80%

Media Molecule 79 38.73%

Quantic Dream 25 12.25%

Sucker Punch 20 9.80%

ThatGameCompany 6 2.94%

United Front Games 3 1.47%

Total:204

If Sony has any sense, they'll make sure LBP 2 is a PS4 launch title. Since content is very sparse in the first year(s) of a console, user created content would be a great benefit for early adoption.

Around the Network
WyldRage said:
If Sony has any sense, they'll make sure LBP 2 is a PS4 launch title. Since content is very sparse in the first year(s) of a console, user created content would be a great benefit for early adoption.

they will trust me

iLLmaticV3 said:
Insomniac Games or Sucker Punch, they have been working with Sony for way too long for Sony not to snatch em up first.

Yes Insomniac looks like the most likely for SONY to aquire next after the R&C series and RFOM, R2 this gen. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Xxain said:
Zipper said:
Xxain said:
I say neither of them, SONY needs mor Japanese developers under there belt.. they wrere used to Japanese developers flocking to them by default tey felt they had that covered even actually owning them. SONY needs to stop ignoring Japan and there western Otaku because they in the end, if SONY wishes to top 360 Japan will be the Key to SONY success.

Buy Square Enix.. :)

SONY could buy SE if they wanted + I would MUCH rather them buy ATLUS or NIPPON ICH, GUST, small time developers with lots of talent but little budget, SE has lost Soul in which made them great now the have a EA mindset.

I can totally see Sony buying Atlus but I wonder if Atlus would want that..

They do have a great relationship and Atlus made some of the greatest games on the PS1 and PS2 and published Demon's Souls in the US... I also believe Persona 5 will be a PS3 exclusive

It would be a great addition to Sony but talking about the need of Japan, I think it pretty obvious Square Enix will be a better choice financially

Can you imagine Sony getting the rights for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts? That would be crazy..

I actually think Sony is big enough to buy any Japanease publisher (Except Nintendo of course haha) .. Maybe it would be a good time to do so! They are pretty much all hurt financially no?

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
Zipper said:
Xxain said:
I say neither of them, SONY needs mor Japanese developers under there belt.. they wrere used to Japanese developers flocking to them by default tey felt they had that covered even actually owning them. SONY needs to stop ignoring Japan and there western Otaku because they in the end, if SONY wishes to top 360 Japan will be the Key to SONY success.

SONY could buy SE if they wanted + I would MUCH rather them buy ATLUS or NIPPON ICH, GUST, small time developers with lots of talent but little budget, SE has lost Soul in which made them great now the have a EA mindset.

I sure hope SONY doesn't have the same opinion as you if it ever came to buying S-E or Atuls, Nippon Ichio, Gust & so on.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

OT

Media Molecule from me too.

LBP is extremely successful, more so than Motorstorm & Resistance would have been if they weren't bundled, so Media Molecule would be the best bet!

Whys that?

Because while they have decreased in quality they are way ahead of the rest imo

Buying Square-Enix would mean legends like Kitase & Nomura would be on board.

SONY is very good at getting creativity & the best from its developers, I believe they could push S-E in the right way to get the best out of em.

FF12, FF7:CC, TWEWY, DQ9, KH2 & ofcourse the coming FFXIII are all seen as amazing games. Square-Enix is a very good developer

They will come with a huge range of IP's with so many possibilities.

Atlus, gust or nippon ichi don't stand anywhere in comparison. Atleast not the latter two, atlus is very good.

But thats never ever going to happen, so no point in talking about it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Zipper said:
Xxain said:
Zipper said:
Xxain said:

I can totally see Sony buying Atlus but I wonder if Atlus would want that..

They do have a great relationship and Atlus made some of the greatest games on the PS1 and PS2 and published Demon's Souls in the US... I also believe Persona 5 will be a PS3 exclusive

It would be a great addition to Sony but talking about the need of Japan, I think it pretty obvious Square Enix will be a better choice financially

Can you imagine Sony getting the rights for Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts? That would be crazy..

I actually think Sony is big enough to buy any Japanease publisher (Except Nintendo of course haha) .. Maybe it would be a good time to do so! They are pretty much all hurt financially no?

SONY could turn in stronger direction.. just because there niche now doesn't destined them to always be niche..and no SONY cannot buy SE...Atlus yes

To be on the safe side, they should buy all of them!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

everyones gna stay independent and they will share good relationships with sony and sony's fanbase but i do see media molecule being bought by sony

Quantic or Media Molecule.

4 ≈ One

I would hate to see them buy Quantic Dreams. Any of the others would be great though. Insomniac would be a great buy! All their games this gen have gotten mid-high 80's on meta and good sales. Sucker Punch would be great too.