By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Of these 2nd Party dev(s), who could you see Sony buying by gen's end?!

Of these 2nd Party dev(s), who could you see Sony buying by gen's end?!

Insomniac 71 34.80%

Media Molecule 79 38.73%

Quantic Dream 25 12.25%

Sucker Punch 20 9.80%

ThatGameCompany 6 2.94%

United Front Games 3 1.47%

Total:204

Dont they already own most of these at least in part?
I was sure they bought Media Molecule already!

Around the Network

Insomniac Games or Sucker Punch, they have been working with Sony for way too long for Sony not to snatch em up first.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Insomniac Games seems the safest bet.

MM has only one game
Quantic Dream only showcases one game too on the PS3
Sucker Punch has to confirm with Infamous 2
thatgamecompany is nice for PSN but not really a big fish
UFG is currently also only one game.

I don't see why they are going to buy any more studios. They have contractual agreements with these studios, and they all seem quite happy working with Sony

I chose Gamecompany but I think almost all of them are possible in a way.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
I don't see why they are going to buy any more studios. They have contractual agreements with these studios, and they all seem quite happy working with Sony

I was sure they had something going on LoL!

But i can see them definately buying more shares!

Media Molecule, probably because it would be the cheapest as well since they only have one IP that they ever worked on and I beleive they are a smaller firm. Plus they are the developer who brought us the Play. Create. Share. genre on the PS3. Insomniac and Sucker Punch could cost Sony alot of money to bring on permanantly being bigger firms.

I think Media Molecule is the most likely one to be bought. But whether Sony decide to do some shopping at generation's end, is a whole other discussion

media M. would be my bet..hey they were the one's who brought ragdoll kung-fu which was a great game. and with now little big planet they are on a roll.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

media molecule would be my guess. Both Insomniac and Sucker Punch have mentioned several times that they like to be independent but still have a relationship with sony.