By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Euro/Pound dive against the Yen

Well, maybe not 10%... "The Dollar dropped from 7.70 to 7.00 today versus the Swedish Crown"... no, I can't remember Ive seen anything like that.

Around the Network

Though for small EU countries (like us) that depend on export and use euro this is a good thing.

routsounmanman said:
Slimebeast said:
routsounmanman said:
Greece among these European countries. There's income freezing everywhere here; good thing I'm self-employed ^_^

Yeah I heard your foreign debt is 300,000,000,000 Euros lol.

Too true >_>

You know, it's really unfair. As a nation, we're quite hard workers, but our politicians are beyond useless and corrupted. Having more than 8x times the UK's employees in the public sector doesn't help either.

Yeah. But my Greek friends told me that the Greek people want to keep their secure jobs provided by the state/government.

That helps Sony the least I would say. Its probably another small blow to their profitability considering thats their best market. I would hate for the trend to be such that by the time GT5 releases the overall revenue is only 80% of expected.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Think of it this way Slime: EU revenue just dropped 3% in a single day for Japanese companies. The money they made today is wroth 3% less than it would have been yesterday.

If that does hold up for months, you may be looking at, oh, 2-3B in revenue between Sony/Nintendo in the quarter (MS is less affected). 3% of 3 Billion dollars is 90 Million dollars. Just gone. Just this quarter.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Think of it this way Slime: EU revenue just dropped 3% in a single day for Japanese companies. The money they made today is wroth 3% less than it would have been yesterday.

If that does hold up for months, you may be looking at, oh, 2-3B in revenue between Sony/Nintendo in the quarter (MS is less affected). 3% of 3 Billion dollars is 90 Million dollars. Just gone. Just this quarter.

Well, in Dollar numbers it sounds huge, yes, and let's say Sony's profit margin is 5% and if those 3% were subtracted from those 5% then it would be huge, but I suppose it dont work like that. (more like a % decrease from their gross margin, so that say 40% gross margin becomes... nevermind, I dont know what Im talking about lol)

And they feel it, the asian markets open in red. Same for Europe....And today we will get the unemployed numbers from the USA. A horrible day damned.

I guess I'll gather all the money I have, sell my stuff and emigrate to some country were the money is worth nothing compared to Euro.

and live like a lord.

Those are bad news for both sony and nintendo, since they apparently shipped more hardware in EU markets for profits.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

It really makes me wonder when Asian countries, particularly Japan will intervene -- as it is the yen is simply too strong for Japanese exporters... which is only made worse by the fact that Japan relies on exports to make money...