By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Euro/Pound dive against the Yen

Something to keep an eye on: huge and rare move down on the Euro and Pound today due to debt crises in several European countries. Euro 3% down against yen and more than 1% down against the dollar.

Euro to yen:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EURJPY=X&t=1d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

Euro to dollar:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=EURUSD=X&t=1d

You can bet Japanese gaming companies are paying attention to this, and American ones will too if it goes more down. Another hit on the fragile gaming industry could result.

(btw, "financial crisis / recession is over" my ass)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

It doesn't help that Japan's biggest company, Toyota, is getting demolished.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

3% is huge?

Greece among these European countries. There's income freezing everywhere here; good thing I'm self-employed ^_^

routsounmanman said:
Greece among these European countries. There's income freezing everywhere here; good thing I'm self-employed ^_^

Yeah I heard your foreign debt is 300,000,000,000 Euros lol.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
3% is huge?

In one day, it's huge for a currency move.

Things like 10% movements don't happen in currencies as they do in stocks. (if they do, call the firemen)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Slimebeast said:
3% is huge?

In a day, yeah...

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

NJ5 said:
Slimebeast said:
3% is huge?

Things like 10% movements don't happen in currencies as they do in stocks. (if they do, call the firemen)

lol

NJ5 said:
Slimebeast said:
3% is huge?

Well, you're the man on economics, so I didn't distrust you. But actually that was news to me. I thought even in the rich world currency could drop up to 10% in a day lol.

Slimebeast said:
routsounmanman said:

Yeah I heard your foreign debt is 300,000,000,000 Euros lol.

Too true >_>

You know, it's really unfair. As a nation, we're quite hard workers, but our politicians are beyond useless and corrupted. Having more than 8x times the UK's employees in the public sector doesn't help either.