By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Euro/Pound dive against the Yen

Oh the news of USA was better than expected for me....Still losing jobs :s. That is not good..The USA needs atleast 100k new jobs a month to keep on demand :s.

Lucky east Europe is doing ok. Praque warshau are the new hot places to invest....

Around the Network

If I was Japan, I would be completely fuckin' desperate at this point. Why don't they allow immigration? I know there are problems with cultural boundaries, but it at least help to solve their demographic problems, and maybe their economic problems (immigration did wonders for Spain a couple years back).

I love this thread.

Bamboleo said:
^

Wow I was unaware of that.

12.7% public debt last year for greece is just insane, Portugal is nearly at 3% and everyone in the media is saying the sky will shatter upon us this year.

I don't wanna imagine what happens if my country get's kicked from EU :(

in case this wasnt answered later in the thread.

Its impossible to kick out a country from the European Union. Its technically not possible. They talked about it when Irland voted NO to Eu Constitution. Its impossible to kick out a country so they said we (all other members) have to leave the EU except Irland and found a new Union.

Portugal is in the EU forever aslong as they say "we dont want to be in the EU anymore". 

The only thing what will happen if your deficit is too high for a couple of years. That you will get a fine of a couple of Billion Euro. But if the country will cross the deficit just a couple of years and then stop it then the eu dont want the money. Infact noone had to pay the fine before even though there were clear cases. 

To OP:

That the Euro shows some weakness is a good sign for europe. Germany for example relies heavily on exports: They exported more then every other nation until 2009. 2008 they exported goods for  roughly 1 Trillion  Euro . In 2009 it struggled due to econmoic crisis. And exports were just 816 Billion. China exported in 2009 stuff for 840 Billion Euro just for comparision. 47% of the German economy is from Exports. The biggest problem Germany had was the strong euro.

And then came the financial crisis. And exports dropped like a rock. Now they start to increase again.  And the best thing Germany can happen is that the Euro will lose his value 10-15% would be great. 

But the same goes for other countries in Europe. And If France Germany and Uk do well  Europe will do well. because they are tied heavily with all other euro countrys. And they also affect each other the better the neighbours economy runs the better for the own economy.

USA also saw the advantages of a weak currency. Some people do even think it was intentional. First because the money USA spend in China. They devalued the money and China was really really upset about it. Also Europe because they saw it as some kind of protectionism.Thats why euro is so high because China tried to sell their dollars and buy the euro which seemed as the better alternative. Just pretend you have one Trillion Dollar and someone has a switch were he can increase or decrease the value of your money. If it was intentional or not doesnt matter this is what the chinese think. My point is a weak currency has more advantages then disadvatages. It forces the people to stay at home for vacation so they spend their money in their country.

It forces the people to buy cheaper homemade stuff, and make it harder for other people to sell their stuff. It was definetly coming in handy for the US. And aslong as the currency doesnt lose to much value you have just pros and almost no cons from the view of a politician. A little weaker Euro would be a blessing.

For Japan this higher valued currency is also bad in every possible way. 

To the crisis stuff: A crisis is neccessary all two-decades a bigger one and every century 1 really big one. After the crisis economies will grow faster then ever.

Infact economy rises exponential if we will see the growth we had in the last 50 years the next 100 years economy will be 20 times bigger then today. Funny thing is that world economy still increased during crisis.

In five years the whole world will look different. Everything will be ok.

States owe their debts mostly the  own citizens. You can go to the bank and buy the debts of your state or any other state. Everyone owes everyone else money. They know if they are letting the state go bankrupt they wont get the money back.

The numbers are huge but what happened with Island after they went bankrupt ? Nothing too bad. Life goes on as always. They dont die on the streets there are still schools they have still their cars and everything looks like always. Ofcourse they have problems but they are far away of beeing a third world country despite having moe debts than them. 

And Island had debts 10 times the size of their economy. Italy has a debts twice the size of their economy. Most countrys in Europe have debts way lower then this.

Nothing will happen the EU wont allow one of their core-states to went bankrupt. Its just not gona happen look at hungary they went almost bankrupt and the whole world (bank) helped. Because it would be to big of a damage to let it happen. Its the same reason why the countries rather pay hundreds of billions to safe a bank then letting the bank die. It would backfire at them and possibly cause a chain reaction. This whole debts thing is just a  way to make sure that the people work harder and more.

The bigger the economy the safer you are. Island isnt bigger then the big companys. Island was small and the damage could be taken.

The economy will be bigger then ever before in a few years. Just wait and see. Everything will be alright.

I understand why a lot of people just dont watch news or read newspapers. The world is always doomed in every possible way. Climate, economy, or Super Aids. 

I dont care to much because its useless. I care about stuff which I actually can change myself.  No person on this planet is able to stop the dues.All countrys have them some not but the amount is so amall it doesnt even matter. We will withness a lot of stuff Euro was in the beginnig 1.10 Dollar then it went to 79 US Cents. 1 Dollar was 1.20 Euro. The economy is a rocket and the ride is always a little bumpy.

everything will go that way. Maybe the system will die or maybe not I think that in the case a substantial part of the worlds economy would be in deep trouble the the world would come up with a quick and radical solution like starting from ero or cut the debts in half or whatever. 

MontanaHatchet said:
If I was Japan, I would be completely fuckin' desperate at this point. Why don't they allow immigration? I know there are problems with cultural boundaries, but it at least help to solve their demographic problems, and maybe their economic problems (immigration did wonders for Spain a couple years back).

I love this thread.

'Because it would not be Japan anymore' Japan became a great economy because of our 'elite' people'   'Let secondhand people come in our country would hurt our ancestors pride'  - Taro Aso. (Don't like the guy still he was quite popular I see him myself as the George Bush of Japan)

To summarize They prefer that Japan goes dead than letting people who are not Japanese live in their country and destroy their culture.  Not the same mistake like they did before (The last samurai movie was basically the first mistake).

Not all Japanese agree with this view that is why Japanese going overseas (EU/NA) is growing fast.  Must say I probably would do the same the future for the young generation will be hard.