By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

Stats87 said:
What's with IGN and their overly harsh scores for games that had some hype but didn't deliver? (Such as Haze and The Last Remnant?) Haze was definitely better then a 4.5 and TLR deserved better then a 5.3

Just seems like they want to grab hits.

haha I think Haze is really that bad.

I tried to play it co-op with a friend, but he ran away after the first mission.

The 10€ I paid for it were too much....

But as I already said on the first page of this thread, if IGN don't like a game they have no mercy.

Around the Network

You know what Im still going to buy this. Eurogamer and RPGFan gave this a 7 and 8 respectively. And from what Ive seen from the Justin TV streams the game looks pretty awesome. That said I've read the IGN review and it sounds like this game took hits because they expected much better from Level-5.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

dsister44 said:
lestatdark said:
dsister44 said:
hikaruchan said:
I have been playing WKC since December 2008 and the EX Edition since October which is identical to the International Edition and it is a very fun game offline & online there is a lot of people on the Japanese servers it is very much worth playing btw Famitsu gave it 29/40 when they reviewed the original version before the EX Edition was released and that did not stop a lot of Japanese people from getting the game I would give it a 7.5-8 out of ten myself but you have to play online to get the most out of the game the best Amour & Weapons are Gild Rank dependent so many hours of online play is a must.

yeah, that is what got me. Famitsu gave this game and Demon's Souls the same score. So if it is half the game Demon's Souls is it must be good :D

How about you finish Demon's Souls properly then? :P

err... you mean play the PS3?  

I have too many other games to play 

edit: It isn't working >.>

Mod to the rescue

Such as Rare games? :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

chris1_16 said:

It was given a bad review by the guys who praised over hyped shooters.......not really surprised.....

What did he give Killzone2? Gears 2? You gotta give some info man!

Ouchie... Ok, no matter how much I shun and disregard reviews and reviewers in general, this is setting a trend and has to mean that the game is simply mediocre or worse.

Around the Network

When both Famitsu AND western reviewers are giving the thumbs down, it doesn't look good. You can't point the finger at western critic bias at jrpgs now. Because even in Japan, it's seen as mediocre.

This game just went from maybe to a definite buy (no typo) , The harsh reviews will lessen demand making this game's price drop faster on amazon (that's how I got Tekken 6 a lot earlier than usual).

And I like getting games that look good to me but everyone else sees as crap (like Wii music, so much fun I had with that game).

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

how was jap reviews all over this and these guys r killing it :O

lestatdark said:
dsister44 said:
lestatdark said:

How about you finish Demon's Souls properly then? :P

err... you mean play the PS3?  

I have too many other games to play 

edit: It isn't working >.>

Mod to the rescue

Such as Rare games? :P

No, Rare game!

The others have been thoroughly played through :P

I really hope all of you are joking when you said you're getting SOIV. You're seriously going to be influenced by reviews?