By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

I understand what he says and I think I'm not going to buy it afterall. I might save the money and get Heavy Rain or some other game....

Guys,though, if you were REALLY hyped for this game you shouldn't trust IGN. Afterall, They gave God Hand a 3/10 just because they sucked at it.

Around the Network
Spagoodle said:

The whole JRPGs are underrated and not meant for the dumb western reviewers argument is a joke. If this game got a good score people wouldn't be in here talking about how western game reviews don't get JRPGs. Its a lame argument for what is really going on. A game from a genre they like got a bad review and without ever playing it they have to come running to its defense because as "fans" they think its their duty.

well, western rpgs are way overrated, but people buys them and moneyhats are big .

jonnhytesta said:
Spagoodle said:

The whole JRPGs are underrated and not meant for the dumb western reviewers argument is a joke. If this game got a good score people wouldn't be in here talking about how western game reviews don't get JRPGs. Its a lame argument for what is really going on. A game from a genre they like got a bad review and without ever playing it they have to come running to its defense because as "fans" they think its their duty.

well, western rpgs are way overrated, but people buys them and moneyhats are big .

You don't like western rpgs, but that doesn't make them overrated. Arts subjective, overrated and underrated are a matter of personal taste.

Moneyhats are big is your way of saying what? All reviewers are payed to have different opinions then you, because that is the only logical explanation for anyone seeing things differently then you do?

Your reply didn't adress anything in my post.

I look forward to picking this up for $10 once it bombs.

Anyway, level 5... please make Dark Cloud 3. I will buy a copy of that even if IGN says it sucks. That is all.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

hikaruchan said:
I have been playing WKC since December 2008 and the EX Edition since October which is identical to the International Edition and it is a very fun game offline & online there is a lot of people on the Japanese servers it is very much worth playing btw Famitsu gave it 29/40 when they reviewed the original version before the EX Edition was released and that did not stop a lot of Japanese people from getting the game I would give it a 7.5-8 out of ten myself but you have to play online to get the most out of the game the best Amour & Weapons are Gild Rank dependent so many hours of online play is a must.

yeah, that is what got me. Famitsu gave this game and Demon's Souls the same score. So if it is half the game Demon's Souls is it must be good :D

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
hikaruchan said:
I have been playing WKC since December 2008 and the EX Edition since October which is identical to the International Edition and it is a very fun game offline & online there is a lot of people on the Japanese servers it is very much worth playing btw Famitsu gave it 29/40 when they reviewed the original version before the EX Edition was released and that did not stop a lot of Japanese people from getting the game I would give it a 7.5-8 out of ten myself but you have to play online to get the most out of the game the best Amour & Weapons are Gild Rank dependent so many hours of online play is a must.

yeah, that is what got me. Famitsu gave this game and Demon's Souls the same score. So if it is half the game Demon's Souls is it must be good :D

How about you finish Demon's Souls properly then? :P

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

awe well, still buying it. Why? Because i am a fan of JRPG's, reviews to me in this genre are taken with a grain of salt. So many times i have seen not so good rpgs get good reviews and the better ones get lower scores. Nonetheless, still a buy from me.

What's with IGN and their overly harsh scores for games that had some hype but didn't deliver? (Such as Haze and The Last Remnant?) Haze was definitely better then a 4.5 and TLR deserved better then a 5.3

Just seems like they want to grab hits.

yeah god hand getting a 3 was just pure fucking bullshit that was when i said fuck reviews.. worst review ever!!!! godhand-best action game last gen and one of my favorite ps2 games..(hard as fuck tho)

lestatdark said:
dsister44 said:
hikaruchan said:

How about you finish Demon's Souls properly then? :P

err... you mean play the PS3?  

I have too many other games to play 

edit: It isn't working >.>

Mod to the rescue