By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dying Light Platinum Edition announced for Switch

Dying Light Platinum Edition will contain the main game, four main DLCs and 17 skin packs are included. There’s also support for HD Rumble, gyro aiming, motion controls, touchscreen, and local/online co-op.

Dying Light Platinum Edition arrives on Switch this October.

Source



     


(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

This is good Nintendo getting more AAA 3rd party like this is a bonus.



I game on all consoles and PC

Sounds like a pretty competent port if things like HD rumble and Gyro aiming got included



If this is actually legit (at this point it hasn't been officially confirmed by either Nintendo or the developer) then it would be one of the more ambitious ports to Switch so far, and if done well would be a real showcase for what can be achieved on Nintendo's hybrid.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.

If it sells, it wasn't pointless.



KLAMarine said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Why though?

Dying Light 2 releases in December, so releasing a port of the 1st game in Oct seems a bit stupid. Unless they've got a secret Dying Light 2 Switch port in the works too, but otherwise this just seems kind of pointless to me.

If it sells, it wasn't pointless.

And if it doesn't sell because the sequel is releasing on every other platform just a couple months later?

Sounds an awful lot like the Mass Effect thing, where the Wii U got 1 Mass Effect game by itself while around the same time every other platform had the full trilogy release.

Just seems to me like it either should've been a few years sooner, or it should be releasing alongside the sequel, maybe even included as part of the collectors edition or something.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 20 July 2021

Ka-pi96 said:
KLAMarine said:

If it sells, it wasn't pointless.

And if it doesn't sell because the sequel is releasing on every other platform just a couple months later?

Sounds an awful lot like the Mass Effect thing, where the Wii U got 1 Mass Effect game by itself while around the same time every other platform had the full trilogy release.

Just seems to me like it either should've been a few years sooner, or it should be releasing alongside the sequel, maybe even included as part of the collectors edition or something.

Modern Warfare 1 released on Wii around the time Modern Warfare 2 released on PS3/360/PC. It still sold well.



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

If this is actually legit (at this point it hasn't been officially confirmed by either Nintendo or the developer) then it would be one of the more ambitious ports to Switch so far, and if done well would be a real showcase for what can be achieved on Nintendo's hybrid.

It runs on potato such as GT 630, so I'm guesstimating it will be a good port.

I've enjoyed it quite a bit, somewhat unexpectedly (Dead Island was okish), though it somewhat overstays its welcome in second half of the game. I like it for what it is, basically Central Hub based open world that lets you go around (and die) from the get go, though it has fairly fixed story line.



HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

If this is actually legit (at this point it hasn't been officially confirmed by either Nintendo or the developer) then it would be one of the more ambitious ports to Switch so far, and if done well would be a real showcase for what can be achieved on Nintendo's hybrid.

It runs on potato such as GT 630, so I'm guesstimating it will be a good port.

I've enjoyed it quite a bit, somewhat unexpectedly (Dead Island was okish), though it somewhat overstays its welcome in second half of the game. I like it for what it is, basically Central Hub based open world that lets you go around (and die) from the get go, though it has fairly fixed story line.

I mean it's not on the level of something like Witcher 3 of course, but it did have some framerate drops on the Xbox One back when it came out as was a 30fps game even on PS4 so it's still fairly demanding relative to the Switch's specs.

But if it does run well on lower PC specs that is good to know, here's hoping for a strong conversion.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 July 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.