Article now with info:— Dr. Serkan Toto / Kantan Games Inc. (@serkantoto) June 3, 2020
- yes, "Fog Gaming" is the "scoop"
- Sega will use arcades in Japan as the technical backbone
- CPUs and GPUs housed in arcade machines are mentioned specifically
- ultra-low latency is touted
- commercial idea is to use arcades outside business hours https://t.co/LWOiYuDAYj
The “huge scoop” teased by Nishikawa is that Sega is doing research and development on “Fog Gaming,” a potential new game platform that could be utilized by Japanese arcades.
Fog Gaming would repurpose arcades across Japan as part of the cloud, as well as channel arcade game machines’ CPUs and GPUs, resulting in lower costs. This would provide ultra low latency, and the concept is similar to fog computing. Players would be able to enjoy high-quality games, and arcades wouuld be able to make money even after business hours.
So it's stadia but for Arcade local store.Last edited by HollyGamer - on 03 June 2020