Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%
 
I am wet 6 8.57%
 
What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%
 
I want some more info 9 12.86%
 
Total:41
the-pi-guy said:
Bandorr said:

Ah I see. I thought it was like in October. I thought GDC was way after E3.

Nevermind then - this all makes sense.

I'm assuming you are thinking of  Gamescom.  That's later in the year.  

There is a good chance I thought gamescom WAS the GDC.  So either way I'm way off.

Thanks.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

I expect full backwards compatibility with every Playstation platform to date. I want to be able to insert a PS1, PS2, PS3 or PS4 game disk on the PS5 and be able to play it with better resolution and improved performance.

If Sony does not deliver on that front, I think I will choose Xbox for the first time in my life.

aaahahahaha! sure bro, that's not setting yourself up for 'failure' at all. What a silly thing to make the decision for you. 



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Knitemare said:
If it has full BC, it will be preorder. Fook my credit card! If not full BC, I will wait till some good game lands on it to get it (some special edition preferably)

It's already confirmed to have full - or nearly full - Backwards compatibility with PS4. 



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

Good, finally Sony reacting and showing their cards. Now we can actually compare



 

 

Runa216 said:
Vodacixi said:

I expect full backwards compatibility with every Playstation platform to date. I want to be able to insert a PS1, PS2, PS3 or PS4 game disk on the PS5 and be able to play it with better resolution and improved performance.

If Sony does not deliver on that front, I think I will choose Xbox for the first time in my life.

aaahahahaha! sure bro, that's not setting yourself up for 'failure' at all. What a silly thing to make the decision for you. 

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC



 

 

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Knitemare said:
If it has full BC, it will be preorder. Fook my credit card! If not full BC, I will wait till some good game lands on it to get it (some special edition preferably)

It's already confirmed to have full - or nearly full - Backwards compatibility with PS4. 

Some are wondering about PS1,2,3 BC.  

sales2099 said:
Good, finally Sony reacting and showing their cards. Now we can actually compare

They aren't reacting.  This was going to be their GDC event.  

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:

aaahahahaha! sure bro, that's not setting yourself up for 'failure' at all. What a silly thing to make the decision for you. 

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC

Confirmed says PS4 BC.  

Several rumors point to PS1,2, and 3 BC.  

Probably won't find out tomorrow if it's real or not. 



sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:

aaahahahaha! sure bro, that's not setting yourself up for 'failure' at all. What a silly thing to make the decision for you. 

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC

He is asking for all discs from PS1 and PS2 to be immediatly playable on PS5. You won't have that in Series X, first his backlog on PS won't be playable on Xbox for obvious reason, second not all X1 and X360 games will have BC on XSX, and third the ones that have you need to download so you don't really read from the disc as far as we know. So his reason to change to Xbox for something that it also won't do doesn't make that much sense.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

I'm happy with just PS4 BC. I don't need anything more than that. A system that is close to as powerful as Xbox series X like the XonePS4 is good enough for power.



the-pi-guy said: .  
sales2099 said:
Good, finally Sony reacting and showing their cards. Now we can actually compare

They aren't reacting.  This was going to be their GDC event.  

sales2099 said:

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC

Confirmed says PS4 BC.  

Several rumors point to PS1,2, and 3 BC.  

Probably won't find out tomorrow if it's real or not. 

This “surprise” announcement came a day later then Xbox’s reveal. It’s a reaction. Nothing wrong with that. 



 

 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC

He is asking for all discs from PS1 and PS2 to be immediatly playable on PS5. You won't have that in Series X, first his backlog on PS won't be playable on Xbox for obvious reason, second not all X1 and X360 games will have BC on XSX, and third the ones that have you need to download so you don't really read from the disc as far as we know. So his reason to change to Xbox for something that it also won't do doesn't make that much sense.

Just figured he was a BC nut and his principles outweighed practicality.