By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41
Knitemare said:
If it has full BC, it will be preorder. Fook my credit card! If not full BC, I will wait till some good game lands on it to get it (some special edition preferably)

It's already confirmed to have full - or nearly full - Backwards compatibility with PS4. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

Good, finally Sony reacting and showing their cards. Now we can actually compare

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Runa216 said:
Vodacixi said:

I expect full backwards compatibility with every Playstation platform to date. I want to be able to insert a PS1, PS2, PS3 or PS4 game disk on the PS5 and be able to play it with better resolution and improved performance.

If Sony does not deliver on that front, I think I will choose Xbox for the first time in my life.

aaahahahaha! sure bro, that's not setting yourself up for 'failure' at all. What a silly thing to make the decision for you. 

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:

aaahahahaha! sure bro, that's not setting yourself up for 'failure' at all. What a silly thing to make the decision for you. 

Series X is doing this. BC for all gens and the games even get automatic improvements. People care about BC so if MS can do it in theory so can Sony. Though the rumours only say PS4 BC

He is asking for all discs from PS1 and PS2 to be immediatly playable on PS5. You won't have that in Series X, first his backlog on PS won't be playable on Xbox for obvious reason, second not all X1 and X360 games will have BC on XSX, and third the ones that have you need to download so you don't really read from the disc as far as we know. So his reason to change to Xbox for something that it also won't do doesn't make that much sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm happy with just PS4 BC. I don't need anything more than that. A system that is close to as powerful as Xbox series X like the XonePS4 is good enough for power.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said: .  
sales2099 said:
Good, finally Sony reacting and showing their cards. Now we can actually compare

They aren't reacting.  This was going to be their GDC event.  

sales2099 said:

Confirmed says PS4 BC.  

Several rumors point to PS1,2, and 3 BC.  

Probably won't find out tomorrow if it's real or not. 

This “surprise” announcement came a day later then Xbox’s reveal. It’s a reaction. Nothing wrong with that. 

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

He is asking for all discs from PS1 and PS2 to be immediatly playable on PS5. You won't have that in Series X, first his backlog on PS won't be playable on Xbox for obvious reason, second not all X1 and X360 games will have BC on XSX, and third the ones that have you need to download so you don't really read from the disc as far as we know. So his reason to change to Xbox for something that it also won't do doesn't make that much sense.

Just figured he was a BC nut and his principles outweighed practicality.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Just figured he was a BC nut and his principles outweighed practicality.

Could be, but the way he phrased it seems like he wants BC on direct level, put the disc and play immediately and with upgrades for 100% of cases.

But yes for most purposes Xbox BC is plenty enough.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

the-pi-guy said:
sales2099 said:

This “surprise” announcement came a day later then Xbox’s reveal. It’s a reaction. Nothing wrong with that. 

And yet journalists knew about it awhile ago.  

One literally laughed off the idea that it was a reaction.  

Let's prepare a world wide debut and announce it in 1 day, if any company had that reaction speed then it would dominate the world.

the-pi-guy said:
sales2099 said:

And yet journalists knew about it awhile ago.  

One literally laughed off the idea that it was a reaction.  

Don’t know what to tell ya, MS did theirs first. Wasn’t the reveal in February? Then it was changed to early March?