Quantcast
Tracking The Rise (Or Fall?) of Skywalker

Forums - Movies Discussion - Tracking The Rise (Or Fall?) of Skywalker

ROS made $5.17M in it's 6th weekend. This is 28.3% lower than RO's $7.21M for the same weekend. ROS currently sits at $501.6M at the DBO. This is 2.1% lower than RO's $512.4M for the same point in time. If this continues, ROS will end it's run with a DBO total of $521M.

Currently, ROS's FBO total makes up 51.9% of the WW total. If this continues, ROS will end up with a FBO total of $559M. A WW total of $1.08B. This is 1.9% higher than RO's $1.06B.



Around the Network

If ROS continues to drop, it may only match RO's WW total. As I've read someone else put it, another $1B disappointment.



My movie theater has more jumanji showings than star wars recently



DarthJarvis said:
My movie theater has more jumanji showings than star wars recently

That's probably the norm, now. Despite opening a week sooner than ROS, Jumanji is in 321 more theaters than it.



thismeintiel said:
DarthJarvis said:
My movie theater has more jumanji showings than star wars recently

That's probably the norm, now. Despite opening a week sooner than ROS, Jumanji is in 321 more theaters than it.

Proof that ROS should have released a week earlier



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I wonder what the net profit of this movie will be when all its said and done. Sales taxes and cinema shares already take close to 60% of its Box Office Gross at the very least, and they you have all the little P&A costs to take into account on top of a $275 million budget. If Disney didn't own Buena Vista and the distribution rights, that would likely come in below its budget, but as it is, to profit something like 60 - 75% of its budget isn't bad.



 

 

 

 

 

thismeintiel said:
If ROS continues to drop, it may only match RO's WW total. As I've read someone else put it, another $1B disappointment.

Out of curiosity, what was Disney expecting for The Rise of Skywalker's WW total?



zorg1000 said:

Proof that ROS should have released a week earlier

Having a little fun at my expense, are we? Could you maybe, y'know, not grossly mischaracterize my argument? I know certain people here that are still holding grudges over TLJ can't be convinced that they're ever in error, but I thought you could. I gave you plenty of examples of data backing up my argument. I even offered to show my work, an offer you ignored. Unlike some people, I am willing to back up my claims with real evidence instead of expecting others to take me solely on my word and/or resorting to unfounded conjecture, bad-faith misrepresentations of the data, and just plain made-up bullshit.

Would it be safe to say that you've already made up your mind, and that I'd be wasting my time trying to show you any data that supports my argument? If not, then please, show some genuine willingness to look at the data. I'll even put it all together for you to save you the trouble. But if you don't really care to hear anything I have to say, and all you care to do is just insult me because you've dismissed my argument out of hand and think it's only worth poking fun at, let me know. I have other things to attend to and spending several hours collecting data and creating and formatting charts for this discussion would be a serious detour.



Mr.GameCrazy said:
thismeintiel said:
If ROS continues to drop, it may only match RO's WW total. As I've read someone else put it, another $1B disappointment.

Out of curiosity, what was Disney expecting for The Rise of Skywalker's WW total?

I cant see them expecting anything less than TLJ. This had so much fan service and it was wrapping up a 40 year 9 movie saga. 



Shadow1980 said:
zorg1000 said:

Proof that ROS should have released a week earlier

Having a little fun at my expense, are we? Could you maybe, y'know, not grossly mischaracterize my argument? I know certain people here that are still holding grudges over TLJ can't be convinced that they're ever in error, but I thought you could. I gave you plenty of examples of data backing up my argument. I even offered to show my work, an offer you ignored. Unlike some people, I am willing to back up my claims with real evidence instead of expecting others to take me solely on my word and/or resorting to unfounded conjecture, bad-faith misrepresentations of the data, and just plain made-up bullshit.

Would it be safe to say that you've already made up your mind, and that I'd be wasting my time trying to show you any data that supports my argument? If not, then please, show some genuine willingness to look at the data. I'll even put it all together for you to save you the trouble. But if you don't really care to hear anything I have to say, and all you care to do is just insult me because you've dismissed my argument out of hand and think it's only worth poking fun at, let me know. I have other things to attend to and spending several hours collecting data and creating and formatting charts for this discussion would be a serious detour.

Can't comment on the user in question, but there are definitely plenty of people like this on VGC, nevermind the wider internet.

Its essentially anything (they perceive is bad) is because 'zomg stoopid Disney marysue SJW wankers' and anything (they're forced to acknowledge as) good is just a hangover from the awesomeness of the pre-Disney days. Generally, these people are not actually fans of Star Wars, but are pushing an agenda entirely separate to this great, but entirely fictional franchise.

Deep breath, move on, talk to people who are reasonable instead.



starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS