By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Tracking The Rise (Or Fall?) of Skywalker

masschamber said:
that forbes article makes it sound like it is in no small part the Joker's fault ROS under performed, It is hard to be a 1 dimensional woman in a 3 dimensional clown's world

I honestly think some media outlets are still salty that all the hate that they threw at Joker didn't kill it.  Probably burns even more now that it won an Oscar.

Around the Network

It's alright thismentiel. You've won. Time to go, maybe watch some movies you like for a change.

Moren said:
It's alright thismentiel. You've won. Time to go, maybe watch some movies you like for a change.

Nah.  I already stated I'm tracking this film til 10 weeks, with a final update (which may not even be necessary with how the film is going), so that's what I'm going to do.  Nice try, though, acting like I'm in this thread every day.  Sorry if the underperformance of these films hurts you.

The final trilogy of Star Wars have performed badly in sales. Star Wars is nothing more than a cash cow that lives off its past glory.

Wowza its in the top 15 of the US domestic! Solid!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:

A shame this has zero influence on the film's quality.

KLAMarine said:
starcraft said:

Or its underperformance when taking the franchise it belongs to and the massive budget it received into account.

KLAMarine said:
starcraft said:

Agreed, was top notch. No link to the box office either way.

starcraft said:
KLAMarine said:

Gonna interpret the large amounts of division on the internet surrounding this IP as a bad sign though. Not all is well in Disney Star Wars.

KLAMarine said:
starcraft said:

Gonna interpret the large amounts of division on the internet surrounding this IP as a bad sign though. Not all is well in Disney Star Wars.

Yes and no. 

Being serious for a moment...

There's no doubt that RoS was a sub-par ending to the trilogy. But the first two films did very well and were very well received. There's always been a very vocal Star Wars minority that don't like anything post RotJ, they've just gotten easier to hear/harder to avoid with the rise of the internet and Youtube.

But Star Wars isn't just its movies. Disney has also had three very well received original TV shows (not including all the Lego spin offs), made the extremely popular decision to bring back Clone Wars, and is planning two further live action TV shows. Thats before we get in to their successful and well-written series of books etc.

Certainly I hope that after a couple of years off they deliver a more consistent experience with some mainline films, but generally speaking Disney has done a good job with Star Wars.