Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What unconfirmed element do you most want to see in Super Mario Maker 2?

Tagged games:

What unconfirmed thing do you want to see most? (Describe more below)

A specific enemy! 1 4.55%
 
A particular powerup! 2 9.09%
 
A campaign building mode! 8 36.36%
 
New multiplayer options! 4 18.18%
 
A new game style! 4 18.18%
 
Other 3 13.64%
 
Total:22

So Super Mario Maker 2 is coming up fast in just two months now, with an inevitable big E3 reveal in early June. I'm feeling pretty hyped already personally, as I can't wait to see all the crazy creativity unleashed, just like last time. Anybody remember Mecha-Bowzilla? Good times, goodtimes.

But as much as they've shown, it's been mostly just a trailer. GameExplain managed to stretch that short trailer into a feature length movie of subtle reveals, but I still see plenty of stuff that hasn't been touched on yet, that I hope makes it in. What about you? Are you hoping to see a particular powerup or enemy? Maybe you've got your hopes way up and think they might still have a whole game style waiting (Super Mario Bros. 2?) or maybe a campaign builder?

I for one feel they've hinted at but barely touched on multiplayer, and have high hopes for it. I'm sure they'll at least give you the ability to design levels to be completed by multiple players and let you search for such levels according to the number of players it's designed for, but I'm hoping for much more. What if there's a multiplayer creative mode. Can you imagine the potential? One person could design half the level, the other player designs the other half, and then you race to capture the flag on their flagpole, then race back to your flagpole, such that you have to design your level to be doable backwards and forwards by yourself, and hope that you can do the other person's half backwards and forwards. Or perhaps it could be like that one indie game Ultimate Chicken Horse where you each take turns adding elements to a level and racing to complete it with the new obstacle you or the other player just added, and each completion gets a point, most points wins. Or maybe if the sharing options are better, you'll be able to send a level back and forth between your friends and try to add to it, maybe one of you is better at designing certain elements than the other, and you could have multi-creator levels get uploaded for everyone to play that credit both creators? I see so many ways they could improve collaborative, cooperative, and competitive multiplayer with SMM2 over the original that it has to be the part I'm most excited for, even over the new 3D World style.

So what about you, Mario Maker fans?



Around the Network

I'm so hyped for this game. I hope more elements are added to the SMW style.



Lryu222 said:
I'm so hyped for this game. I hope more elements are added to the SMW style.

I think they limited things the first time because they wanted to have each style transition seamlessly to every other style, so every element from each style had to correspond to something in every other style. GameXplain showed in their analysis that a lot of elements don't seem to have an element they correspond to in other styles, so maybe that limit will be gone this time? If it is, they could add as much as they want from each game, even if it didn't translate to other styles.

I'm with you, personally SMW is my favorite style, so I'd love to see more there.



Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Land style and elements.

More bosses, like Koopalings, Birdo, Tatanga and the like.



Let's have a champion time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUG_NS0xqSY

Stringing Levels together the way you want it, making pretty much an entire new game out of it in the end. And then sharing those altogether.



Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Land style and elements.

More bosses, like Koopalings, Birdo, Tatanga and the like.

Everybody seems to forget about Super Mario Land when requesting styles. But yeah, we definitely need more bosses. That's about the only new enemy that could get me excited at this point. And you know if we got SMB2 we'd have to get Birdo.



Bofferbrauer2 said:
Stringing Levels together the way you want it, making pretty much an entire new game out of it in the end. And then sharing those altogether.

That's exactly what I meant by a campaign creator mode. Though I'm personally hoping it would also come with the ability to design a world map to place each level on. Like you create a world map that can be customized, but also has premade tiles or something like ghost house, and you could put your ghost house level on that, and your grass level on an area of the map that looked like grassland, or what have you.



I'm going to say the obvious: An Odyssey mode.
We absolutely need to see Cappy used in a 2D context.



What I want is every moving element working on a global timer instead of activated based on the proximity of the player. It was impossible to build intricately timed platforms in levels without auto scrolling. That and no limits on doors / warp points, and checkpoints,



HylianSwordsman said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Stringing Levels together the way you want it, making pretty much an entire new game out of it in the end. And then sharing those altogether.

That's exactly what I meant by a campaign creator mode. Though I'm personally hoping it would also come with the ability to design a world map to place each level on. Like you create a world map that can be customized, but also has premade tiles or something like ghost house, and you could put your ghost house level on that, and your grass level on an area of the map that looked like grassland, or what have you.

I agree, a SMB3 or SMW World Map designer would be an awesome addition.

While we're at it, fake Bowser bosses like in SMB to get away with fighting him (and other bosses, like Bowser Jr, Boom Boom or the Koopalings) several times.