Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Order: 1886 Will Probably Get a Metascore of 70-75

Scientificreason said:
Lol at predicting the future and from software bloodborne 83? He'll no, press is already high on that beast.

I can't wait for the order to drop, much crow will be had.


I said 83+ which kind of covers everything from 83 - 100. In other words no way it's getting below 83.



PS4 and PC gaming

 

PC Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Zotac Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence Ram 3200 mhz
1TB Samsung Qvo SSD
Corsair Spec-Delta Case
Asus ROG B450-F Motherboard

Around the Network
VXIII said:

The Order is one of those games that I'm going to get no matter of the critical reception. I did the same thing with Lords of The Fallen (which got 69 meta) and I'm having a really good time with it. I can clearly see that I'm going to have much fun playing it.

I honestly feel like this generation of reviews can't be trusted in the same way they once were. It seems like now, a game isn't reviewed based on merit and quality alone. If it's a new IP or a sequel from last gen, it has to differentiate itself and/or reinvent the wheel. If it doesn't, it gets slammed into the ground. Reviews didn't use to BE that way.

Second Son is a good example of this. That game was the best in the series yet the reviews didn't reflect it because it didn't change the way we think about gaming... or some other nonsense.



GribbleGrunger said:
eFKac said:


1) Linear gameplay. Open World is the new crack.

2) Artstyle. If you're not colorful for the sake of being colorful, you're generic. Atmosphere and setting be damned. Browns and greys are so last gen.

3) Gameplay mechanics. From what we've seen and heard it's a pretty straight forward 3rd person shooter (games with solid straight forward mechanics are not enough - see DriveClub). Where is the over the top gameplay? Why can't the character jump on walls? (The fundamental) Where is the "next-gen" gameplay (aka I didn't like the game but can't really tell why). It doesn't help that the previews said that shooting mechanics feel off, which may be legit. Ohh and the QTE's, the worst thing ever.

Unless the story is really good and reviewers actually bother to pay attention and not to skip the cutscenes, I don't see any salvation. 

Truth be told I'm not reading very many reviews but I can't remember a reviewer raving over a story or even giving it a lot of attention in the review since TLoU.

Seriously, no! TLOU wasn't open world and we dont' know if there are any more open spaces in The Order. We do know there is exploration. We haven't seen all the gameplay elements yet and QTEs are great if done well. The story is centre stage so it should be at least 'good'. You're making a judgement based on comments from the SAME 15 minute demo and then extrapolating that THE ENTIRE game is only that.

It might get low scores but it's impossible to judge without more info.

You say it's impossible, I think it is pretty clear what the press thinks.

I say The Order won't go over 75 meta. Want to bet? Stakes don't have to be high.



So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

I think it will still be a good time. Looking forward to it, love story driven games.



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Press already made up their minds about this game, they will start playing thinking the game will be boring. I cant wait for them to review this and the quantum break , both games are very similiar but one gets praise like hell other gets trashed.



 

Around the Network

A lot of people here seemed to have played this game already and have very concrete opinions.

This thread comes off as a bit of 'front end softening'.

Why dont you just wait and see.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


I'd guess somewhere around 73, based on what footage I've seen and the prevailing winds among the critical community.

Ready at Dawn did a tremendous job with the Daxter and God of War properties, but The Order looks very rough around the edges. It doesn't help that the game's director, Dana Jan, prioritized visuals and story above gameplay, or that Ready at Dawn co-founder Andrea Pessino said, via Twitter, that Destiny deserved a higher score "just for scope and art."



eFKac said:

You say it's impossible, I think it is pretty clear what the press thinks.

I say The Order won't go over 75 meta. Want to bet? Stakes don't have to be high.

I'm not betting anything. How could you or I possibly quatify a bet about 'whether you can guess a games metacritic score on a 15 minute demo of an unfinished game built with older code'. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying if you are right it would be a complete stroke of luck.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


prayformojo said:
VXIII said:

The Order is one of those games that I'm going to get no matter of the critical reception. I did the same thing with Lords of The Fallen (which got 69 meta) and I'm having a really good time with it. I can clearly see that I'm going to have much fun playing it.

I honestly feel like this generation of reviews can't be trusted in the same way they once were. It seems like now, a game isn't reviewed based on merit and quality alone. If it's a new IP or a sequel from last gen, it has to differentiate itself and/or reinvent the wheel. If it doesn't, it gets slammed into the ground. Reviews didn't use to BE that way.

Second Son is a good example of this. That game was the best in the series yet the reviews didn't reflect it because it didn't change the way we think about gaming... or some other nonsense.

In my opinion reviews can never be blindly "trusted", they are only one factor that helps the customer to make informative purchase. Reviews are mostly opinions, they have no known or measured standards.



kowenicki said:
A lot of people here seemed to have played this game already and have very concrete opinions.

This thread comes off as a bit of 'front end softening'.

Why dont you just wait and see.

Huh? You're doing the exact same thing in the MCC thread. 



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!