Quantcast
China legally limits time and money spent on gaming by minors

Forums - Gaming Discussion - China legally limits time and money spent on gaming by minors

Azzanation said:

What is the point of limiting people from playing games? I can not understand how limiting someone to 90mins per day is going to change anything, more importantly how are they going to know and what are the punishments if a minor played longer than 90mins..
Just when Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony were trying to break into the China market not that long ago, seems a waste of time now.
China is becoming the next South Korea.

So they study/work in sweatshops more for the "benefit" of the nation.

They'll know by forcing people to use their national ID to register for games. The punishment for playing longer will probably be one of their infamous "re-education" camps.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 07 November 2019

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

What is the point of limiting people from playing games? I can not understand how limiting someone to 90mins per day is going to change anything, more importantly how are they going to know and what are the punishments if a minor played longer than 90mins..
Just when Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony were trying to break into the China market not that long ago, seems a waste of time now.
China is becoming the next South Korea.

Among other things, limiting to 90 minute schedules impedes one becoming addicted to video games. 



Lol safe to say Blizzard backed the wrong horse on this one?

As a business you can't really rely on a totalitarian government like China no matter how many potential consumers there may be b/c the government basically has free reign to do what they want when they want, and can put massive restrictions on where, when, how, and even IF you can do business. Case in point..



DarthMetalliCube said:

Lol safe to say Blizzard backed the wrong horse on this one?

As a business you can't really rely on a totalitarian government like China no matter how many potential consumers there may be b/c the government basically has free reign to do what they want when they want, and can put massive restrictions on where, when, how, and even IF you can do business. Case in point..

Except that countless businesses have. A country with twice the population of all of Europe is simply too tempting to pass up, and there's always pressure from shareholders from perpetual growth. The only way companies could make up for that customer base is by marketing in India and in every country in the African continent, and neither area has anywhere close to the spending power of China. They'll work with the erratic behavior of the Chinese government to ensure that all that Chinese money keeps coming in.



Y'know, it's really looking like it's time for America and the rest of the free world to grow a pair and place economic sanctions on China. No business incorporated in any NATO/EU/G7 member state should be allowed to do business in China, period, until the CCP gives Hong Kong its autonomy back (and recognizes the same autonomy for Macau), ceases all human rights abuses, recognizes Taiwanese independence, and begins the process towards democratization. One of the top strategic goals of the U.S. and its key allies in the 21st century should be delegitimizing and eventually destroying the political power of the Chinese Communist Party. The "right" of corporations to have access to a large emerging market does not outweigh the egregious human rights abuses inflicted by this totalitarian regime. We had an embargo of Cuba for decades. Maybe it wasn't Cuba we should have been embargoing.



Around the Network
Metallox said:
Azzanation said:

What is the point of limiting people from playing games? I can not understand how limiting someone to 90mins per day is going to change anything, more importantly how are they going to know and what are the punishments if a minor played longer than 90mins..
Just when Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony were trying to break into the China market not that long ago, seems a waste of time now.
China is becoming the next South Korea.

Among other things, limiting to 90 minute schedules impedes one becoming addicted to video games. 

90 min/weekday is not bad for children.

Otherwise, 3 h for the weekend is bad.



Azzanation said:

What is the point of limiting people from playing games? I can not understand how limiting someone to 90mins per day is going to change anything, more importantly how are they going to know and what are the punishments if a minor played longer than 90mins..
Just when Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony were trying to break into the China market not that long ago, seems a waste of time now.
China is becoming the next South Korea.

Of course it's a waste of time, because China doesn't give two shits about the literal rest of the world.

China doesn't care about what anyone else wants, what anyone else feels or needs. They only care about what their leadership and gov requires/demands, and that's how things have been run for decades now.

All these companies, trying to get in bed with China, thinking this is the best deal of the century, when they couldn't be more wrong than Holocaust deniers. China only wants what these companies bring to the table, for them, not for anyone else. Once China's done copying the ever loving shit out of anything the Western world brings to it's table, it'll mass produce, and copyright infringe all the way, then promptly kicking everyone else out, or forcing them out via internal mass spammed "competition".

This is how China works, this is how it's always worked, and always will, until some fucker steps in to their gov and tells them to knock it the fuck off. A closed state is a heretical one, one I wish was dismantled from within, or via an external force, because we are no longer stuck in the early years of man, where having no tech, no means of communication was seen as good, no, we're in a modern society, where every country interacts with one another, has to aid one another and adhere to international laws, which includes copyright and humanitarian laws, both of which China scoffs at. China no longer has that long since abandoned thought process of staying closed off, yet taking from us, all that much longer, because at some point, at some time, one country is going to have enough of their shit and step in, and I hope it's the EU and the US.

What they are doing in HK is shit.

What they are doing to tech in general is shit.

What they are doing to humans is shit.

What they are doing to copyright law is shit.

What they are doing to basic human rights is shit.

What they are doing to basic and general freedom, again, is shit.

Like, I'm glad you've woken up to the idea, that seeing this obvious and shitty deal, is bad for everyone but China. I'd hope now you'll see that what China is doing, is taking everyone for a wild ride, where they basically freeload from everyone else, while kicking them out of the car in the process.

Are you, or anyone else here for that matter, aware that China has an AI, that personally monitors all of it's citizens, and it just so happens to be called "Skynet"?.

Yes, they have an AI that practically breaths down your neck, and watches you on a day to day basis, wherever a camera is propped.



                                       

Azzanation said:

(..)
China is becoming the next South Korea.

You mean North Korea.



VAMatt said:

I don't think it matters what the amounts are, as it's the principal that I care about.  But, in case you care about the numbers, they are:

90 minutes per day on Weekdays       *OUCH

3 hours per day on weekends and holidays   *OUCH

No gaming between 10pm and 8am    *Okay'ish

$28-$57 per month max, depending on age  *Okay'ish

What do you think?

I think the time limits are the worst of it..... they should more than double those imo.
You cant really get much gameing done in 90min seasons, unless its these short match type games.

This will basically effect what sort of game a person will be able to play (to enjoy).
Overall probably a HUGE setback too their gameing developement scene.... and this will without a doubt effect sales ect.



JRPGfan said:
VAMatt said:

I don't think it matters what the amounts are, as it's the principal that I care about.  But, in case you care about the numbers, they are:

90 minutes per day on Weekdays       *OUCH

3 hours per day on weekends and holidays   *OUCH

No gaming between 10pm and 8am    *Okay'ish

$28-$57 per month max, depending on age  *Okay'ish

What do you think?

I think the time limits are the worst of it..... they should more than double those imo.
You cant really get much gameing done in 90min seasons, unless its these short match type games.

This will basically effect what sort of game a person will be able to play (to enjoy).
Overall probably a HUGE setback too their gameing developement scene.... and this will without a doubt effect sales ect.

7h+ weekdays is a good amount, for children.

But 3 hours/ weekend is to low.