Quantcast
New official info on PS5, launching next holiday

Forums - Sony Discussion - New official info on PS5, launching next holiday

Those adaptive triggers do sound interesting, moreso than DS3's Sixaxis or the DS4's big touch button but I have a feeling it will be underutilized like those two features.



Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
Intrinsic said:

Nope, what messed up the PS3 launch was that it cost up to $600, came out a year late, its rival had an entry price o $299, and third party games ran better on said rivals console.

Basically, there was a better console to get with a better gaing library for half the price.

If it ost the same amount as the next Xbox or even $100 more... it will be fine.

Oh yeah, I meant $600 not $500. My bad. 

The "rival" tho was X360, which priced at 400. Bolded  its not true and all the same its irrelevant if - exclusive games - come out at launch, because those are the games that make the difference. 

Nope... wrong again. Xbox 360 arcade had a starting price of $299. 

As for exclusives, its not like both companies will have 4/5 AAA exclusive games available at launch. At best they come in the launch "window" so the first 12 months after launch. Bottom line was that the 360 had a better and more fleshed out library of games by the time the PS3 released. The 360 was also the lead platform for third party games. It took years for sony's first party machine to really come into its own as it is the case with every generation and every platform. And that's likely going to be the case this time around too.

For nex gen next year, MS will have Halo and a Forza Game as the games spearheading their next-gen push. Sony will have GoT, Maybe some iteration of GT and God knows what else. Both will have a slew of 3rd party multiplatform games and a lot of BC enhanced re-releases. A lot of what will be coming in 2020will be cross-platform (supporting current and next-gen consoles) and a few games (probably indies) will be next-gen exclusives.

TruckOSaurus said:
Those adaptive triggers do sound interesting, moreso than DS3's Sixaxis or the DS4's big touch button but I have a feeling it will be underutilized like those two features.

Very... stiffer triggers when using heavy weapons, increasing stiffness to simulate recoil...

I don't think this will be an underutilized feature, because it sounds like a meaningful feature that will be integral to gameplay as opposed to some tacked-on feature.

Last edited by Intrinsic - on 08 October 2019

Intrinsic said:

Mar1217 said:
As anyone mentionned about the PS5 controller having a little hole in it ?

BTW, I gotta be honest, this has to be the least surprising announcement due to speculations and predictions earlier this year. Also, the advanced haptik feedback is litteraly HD Rumble so I wonder how actually different it might feel in the end ?
Although, the trigger buttons having some kind of resistance to them when doing certain tasks (if implemented) is probably the nicest addition of them all ^^

I don't get this kinda logic, so because it sounds like something else they shouldn't announce it? Their controller is getting better. What does it matter if it sounds like HD Rumble? So if Nintendo s making a more powerful 1080p version of the Switch they shouldn't say anything because someone else has done 1080p before? Or MS shouldn't use an SD because sony says they are using one first?

You're completly overinterpreting my post,haha. They sound alike yes ? I'm just wondering how different they'll feel in the end in terms of sensation, will there be noticeable differences or similar in (by example) games they'll share.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

yay almost all my check box for the controllers have been ticked except for fast charging (still hoping though).. and the haptic feed using voice coil actuator along with high quality speaker is next evolution of their xperia dynamic vibration system...

Blue Point = open world



taus90 said:
yay almost all my check box for the controllers have been ticked except for fast charging (still hoping though).. and the haptic feed using voice coil actuator along with high quality speaker is next evolution of their xperia dynamic vibration system...

Blue Point = open world

You can check that box too. Kinda goes hand in hand with USB C.



Around the Network

Glad it's coming in 2020.

Now, I want to see games :)



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


I just hope Dump and his stupid ass tarriffs don't affect this somehow. Impeach now!!



Intrinsic said:
taus90 said:
yay almost all my check box for the controllers have been ticked except for fast charging (still hoping though).. and the haptic feed using voice coil actuator along with high quality speaker is next evolution of their xperia dynamic vibration system...

Blue Point = open world

You can check that box too. Kinda goes hand in hand with USB C.

well there are phones and power banks that have Usb C and still dont support quick charge, and of course its SONY.. but i m hopeful as its so common and cheap that it will be stupidity to leave it out 



PortisheadBiscuit said:
I just hope Dump and his stupid ass tarriffs don't affect this somehow. Impeach now!!

Trump 2020, don't let the hate cloud your judgement.



Radek said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
I just hope Dump and his stupid ass tarriffs don't affect this somehow. Impeach now!!

Trump 2020, don't let the hate cloud your judgement.

Interesting seeing as how the lionshare of the hate comes FROM Trump. I digress though, not going to steer this off topic.