By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New official info on PS5, launching next holiday

kirby007 said:
Barkley said:

Have to hope this part actually holds water and helps reduce game sizes: "If you look at a game like Marvel's Spider-Man," Cerny says, "there are some pieces of data duplicated 400 times on the hard drive." The SSD sweeps away the need for all that duping—so not only is its raw read speed dramatically faster than a hard drive, but it saves crucial space."

Because 1TB on my PS4 Pro already isn't cutting it with some games taking up 100gb+. But even if the SSD can significantly reduce game sizes it would be up to the developers to actually do it.

I dont get it if games would be smaller why use 100gb discs?

To give more option to developer 

Around the Network
Hiku said:
kirby007 said:

Some current gen systems, or future systems, that the game may be developed for/ported to, may not have the capability to read data this way. So it could potentially be easier to just make the games read the old fashioned way.

There may also be games that make use of this reading technique, while still requiring a lot of space for high resolution textures, etc.

Im going to say, SSD will not make games smaller but will make em faster

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Cant freaking wait!!!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Getting excited for something more than a year away and with no games confirmed for it yet. Damnit!

4 ≈ One

kirby007 said:
Barkley said:

Have to hope this part actually holds water and helps reduce game sizes: "If you look at a game like Marvel's Spider-Man," Cerny says, "there are some pieces of data duplicated 400 times on the hard drive." The SSD sweeps away the need for all that duping—so not only is its raw read speed dramatically faster than a hard drive, but it saves crucial space."

Because 1TB on my PS4 Pro already isn't cutting it with some games taking up 100gb+. But even if the SSD can significantly reduce game sizes it would be up to the developers to actually do it.

Interperting the meaning of size wrong.  ps5 going to use standard 4k bluray disks.  4k bluray disks max out at 100gb (triple layor).  therefore ps5 support disks up to 100gb.  This will also add 4k bluray movie support.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Also, the advanced haptik feedback is litteraly HD Rumble so I wonder how actually different it might feel in the end ?

I don't notice the difference between HD Rumble and normal rumble, so probably not much.

And bluepoint is working on a big Game for ps5, great...

Shadow of the Colossus developer Bluepoint Games is working on a PlayStation 5 title. “We’re working on a big one right now,” said Bluepoint Games president Marco Thrush. “I’ll let you figure out the rest.” He added, “The SSD has me really excited. You don’t need to do gameplay hacks anymore to artificially slow players down—lock them behind doors, anything like that. Back in the cartridge days, games used to load instantly; we’re kind of going back to what consoles used to be.”
https://gematsu.com/2019/10/ps5-launches-holiday-2020-controller-innovations-detailed

Ok cool, but I hope they announce an exclusive big name videogame that comes out at launch day - which they seem to be working on - and dont do the dumb thing of pricing this at $500. Because that is exactly what messed up the ps3 launch.

This diminishes my hope for a PS4 Pro Slim.

kirby007 said:
Pls keep the controller as is, if i want wonky controllers ill use Nintendos thingy

What have wonky controllers got to do with anything?

kirby007 said:

Think of it this way, without the SSD next-gen games would be like 120GB-150GB. But thanks to the SSD they can be under 100GB.

JamesGarret said:
"We're working on a big one right now," says Marco Thrush, president of Bluepoint Games, which most recently worked on last year's PS4 remake of Shadow of the Colossus. "I'll let you figure out the rest."

Demons Souls remake?

Legend of Dragoon. Syphon Filter. WarHawk. 

Ay of those have a better chance o being remade than demon souls