Quantcast
Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%
 
No 38 52.78%
 
Broly 2 2.78%
 
Total:72
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
GorillaQc said: 

Putting Goku in Smash as the only exception is selfish and nothing more. You either accept other exceptions too, or none at all.

Fun fact: The only character in Smash that was created in the West is Diddy Kong. Pretty selfish, I know. 

I guess Nintendo should add Krystal to the roster so they won't seem so selfish with their own game lol! 

HoangNhatAnh said:
Snoorlax said:

yeah Goku was awesome in Budokai 3... A perfect fit for Smash 5!

The Rumble Pak was also created by Nintendo we need a character slot for that guy!

You're late to the party it's been serious for years. 

IF there is enough fan demand for others then yes, maybe. Goku does not guarantee all of anime will invade the Smash roster.

So we've had Sonic join Smash (twice) where are Tails and Knuckles?

Mega Man where are Zero and Roll?

Snake where are Raiden and Meryl?

Rob where is the Rumble Pak? I can go on but i think you get it.

It's hilarious how lots of people seriously believe Goku guarantees Vegeta, Mr. Popo and all of anime will make the game before muh favorite Nitnendo characer huurr duurr!!! 

I'm not saying my opinion is right yours is wrong. I just don't agree with your views and that you accept Smash premise change once (x3 if we count Rob and Cloud) but not once again while it stays the same game it's not as if Smash will turn into an anime series you know.

Rumble Pak? I can agree with you, it will be cool for a character who was created by Nin, or any character who come from video game creator, but Goku, nope, may as well ask for Pico from Boku no Pico

Is that the best you could think of? I mean if that's your thing then sure, why don't you vote for him in the next ballot? I'll stick to Goku though.

irstupid said:
Snoorlax said:

yeah Goku was awesome in Budokai 3... A perfect fit for Smash 5!

The Rumble Pak was also created by Nintendo we need a character slot for that guy!

You're late to the party it's been serious for years. 

IF there is enough fan demand for others then yes, maybe. Goku does not guarantee all of anime will invade the Smash roster.

So we've had Sonic join Smash (twice) where are Tails and Knuckles?

Mega Man where are Zero and Roll?

Snake where are Raiden and Meryl?

Rob where is the Rumble Pak? I can go on but i think you get it.

It's hilarious how lots of people seriously believe Goku guarantees Vegeta, Mr. Popo and all of anime will make the game before muh favorite Nitnendo characer huurr duurr!!! 

I'm not saying my opinion is right yours is wrong. I just don't agree with your views and that you accept Smash premise change once (x3 if we count Rob and Cloud) but not once again while it stays the same game it's not as if Smash will turn into an anime series you know.

I'm not saying if Goku gets in that other will, I'm saying that if Goku gets in, you will have people begging for others to get in.

The DB fanbase is huge. Look at any of the DBZ fighting games. They want everyone under the sun in their games. You don't think they would be begging for Vegeta at the very least?

I didn't say you said that if Goku gets in others will, i said that lot's of 3rd party characters have joined Smash and we haven't seen others of the same game join Smash. Of course people will beg for Vegeta and Mr. Popo but that doesn't mean we can expect them to join the roster.  

NightlyPoe said:
Snoorlax said:

I'm not saying my opinion is right yours is wrong. I just don't agree with your views and that you accept Smash premise change once (x3 if we count Rob and Cloud) but not once again while it stays the same game it's not as if Smash will turn into an anime series you know.

Just apologize for misrepresenting my view and be done with it.

Why should i

Hynad said:
GorillaQc said:

Whatever you say kid.

Ahhh, the kid insult. 

The Goku naysayers have reached a new low.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Goku in smash would be great. Just give me an amiibo along with his release and ill be set

Goku amiibo would be awesome.

Azuren said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Goku in smash would be great. Just give me an amiibo along with his release and ill be set

They should make a Goku Amiibo to go along with a Smash appearance AND for a Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch announcement.

agreed !!!

Simpleton said:
This has just devolved into insults and anger over a character who probably isn't going to end up in the game. (I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but this is something I'm at least somewhat sure of)

Yeah i'm dissapointed how this thread is filled with hypocrites, sarcasm and anime haters.

BTW you can start eating your crow because Goku will make it to Smash someday.

Last edited by Snoorlax - on 29 March 2018

Around the Network
Snoorlax said: 

Yeah i'm dissapointed how this thread is filled with hypocrites, sarcasm and anime haters.

BTW you can start eating your crow because Goku will make it to Smash someday
.

Son Goku will never be in Smash no matter how much people scream on the internet, because Sakurai has said NO to manga characters.

https://sourcegaming.info/2015/10/05/sakuraithirdparty/



Ridley has way better chances of getting in Smash than Goku and we all know ain't getting in. It ain't happening now and never will.



Snoorlax said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Fun fact: The only character in Smash that was created in the West is Diddy Kong. Pretty selfish, I know. 

I guess Nintendo should add Krystal to the roster so they won't seem so selfish with their own game lol! 

HoangNhatAnh said:

Rumble Pak? I can agree with you, it will be cool for a character who was created by Nin, or any character who come from video game creator, but Goku, nope, may as well ask for Pico from Boku no Pico

Is that the best you could think of? I mean if that's your thing then sure, why don't you vote for him in the next ballot? I'll stick to Goku though.

irstupid said:

I'm not saying if Goku gets in that other will, I'm saying that if Goku gets in, you will have people begging for others to get in.

The DB fanbase is huge. Look at any of the DBZ fighting games. They want everyone under the sun in their games. You don't think they would be begging for Vegeta at the very least?

I didn't say you said that if Goku gets in others will, i said that lot's of 3rd party characters have joined Smash and we haven't seen others of the same game join Smash. Of course people will beg for Vegeta and Mr. Popo but that doesn't mean we can expect them to join the roster.  

NightlyPoe said:

Just apologize for misrepresenting my view and be done with it.

Why should i

Hynad said:

Ahhh, the kid insult. 

The Goku naysayers have reached a new low.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Goku in smash would be great. Just give me an amiibo along with his release and ill be set

Goku amiibo would be awesome.

Azuren said:

They should make a Goku Amiibo to go along with a Smash appearance AND for a Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch announcement.

agreed !!!

Simpleton said:
This has just devolved into insults and anger over a character who probably isn't going to end up in the game. (I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but this is something I'm at least somewhat sure of)

Yeah i'm dissapointed how this thread is filled with hypocrites, sarcasm and anime haters.

BTW you can start eating your crow because Goku will make it to Smash someday.

I will if he and Goku were created by a gaming company



I would be happy to see Goku in Super Smash Bros. 5. For starters, he’s a really cool character and it would be fun to play in the game. Secondly, I am all for as many people as possible getting into the franchise and if his inclusion helps attract new people and more attention the game, then that’s another plus in my book.

We don’t know the exact results of the vote that took place a few years ago, in which Bayonetta was chosen, but I think it’s be really cool to revisit that Top 5 list and see what could be done with it. If Superman was up there and so was Wolverine (hypothetically), then there could be an issue with them not being in the same game as one another...but maybe not.

I say, let Nintendo do the best they can to bring in the most amount of new fans as possible, while delivering to its existing fan base by ensuring that the game reeks of Nintendo goodness.



Around the Network
Snoorlax said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Fun fact: The only character in Smash that was created in the West is Diddy Kong. Pretty selfish, I know. 

I guess Nintendo should add Krystal to the roster so they won't seem so selfish with their own game lol! 

HoangNhatAnh said:

Rumble Pak? I can agree with you, it will be cool for a character who was created by Nin, or any character who come from video game creator, but Goku, nope, may as well ask for Pico from Boku no Pico

Is that the best you could think of? I mean if that's your thing then sure, why don't you vote for him in the next ballot? I'll stick to Goku though.

irstupid said:

I'm not saying if Goku gets in that other will, I'm saying that if Goku gets in, you will have people begging for others to get in.

The DB fanbase is huge. Look at any of the DBZ fighting games. They want everyone under the sun in their games. You don't think they would be begging for Vegeta at the very least?

I didn't say you said that if Goku gets in others will, i said that lot's of 3rd party characters have joined Smash and we haven't seen others of the same game join Smash. Of course people will beg for Vegeta and Mr. Popo but that doesn't mean we can expect them to join the roster.  

NightlyPoe said:

Just apologize for misrepresenting my view and be done with it.

Why should i

Hynad said:

Ahhh, the kid insult. 

The Goku naysayers have reached a new low.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Goku in smash would be great. Just give me an amiibo along with his release and ill be set

Goku amiibo would be awesome.

Azuren said:

They should make a Goku Amiibo to go along with a Smash appearance AND for a Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch announcement.

agreed !!!

Simpleton said:
This has just devolved into insults and anger over a character who probably isn't going to end up in the game. (I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but this is something I'm at least somewhat sure of)

Yeah i'm dissapointed how this thread is filled with hypocrites, sarcasm and anime haters.

BTW you can start eating your crow because Goku will make it to Smash someday.

Stop being such a retard. Hypocrites ? The hypocrites are you and the other people wanting Goku yet refusing other characters. 
Anime haters ? I probably watched 10 times more anime than you.

Instead of just saying a character should be in Smash, at least bring decent reasons as to why. But your low IQ probably makes you unable to do that right ?

Like seriously your main selling point was the he is Goku ? But what exactly does that mean, let me see, Goku is OP, sure but he's a pretty bad character, so how does that make him some godlike character or something. In fact, i don't know of even 1 anime fan that likes Goku, only casuals that think Dragon Ball and Naruto are the only anime that exist actually like him.

User was moderated for this post 

-Super_Boom

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 29 March 2018

GorillaQc said:

Stop being such a retard. Hypocrites ? The hypocrites are you and the other people wanting Goku yet refusing other characters. 
Anime haters ? I probably watched 10 times more anime than you.

Instead of just saying a character should be in Smash, at least bring decent reasons as to why. But your low IQ probably makes you unable to do that right ?

Like seriously your main selling point was the he is Goku ? But what exactly does that mean, let me see, Goku is OP, sure but he's a pretty bad character, so how does that make him some godlike character or something. In fact, i don't know of even 1 anime fan that likes Goku, only casuals that think Dragon Ball and Naruto are the only anime that exist actually like him.

Man, such aggressiveness! You're a real e-thug! 

Last edited by Hynad - on 29 March 2018

  • PSN: Hynad
  • NN: 3519-6016-4122
  • XBL: Hynad
  • Steam: Hynad81
Medisti said:

I don't think it's really about what any of us associate the character with, but more where they first appeared. Goku first appeared in manga, so he isn't eligible for Smash Bros. That seems to be the only hard rule the series follows, and a softer rule of needing to have appeared on a Nintendo console (Cloud actually has, albeit in Kingdom Hearts spin-offs).

Side note: You have the best avatar ever.

I wasn't aware it was ever addressed by Sakurai, I'm just speaking hypothetically. Personally I see Smash Bros. as an IP that largely celebrates Nintendo's legacy, but I understand other people view it differently.

And thank you! I was planning on changing it a week or so ago but I couldn't do it. XD The artist is pretty amazing.

HoangNhatAnh said:

Nice avatar, i love it

Thanks! I love yours too. Best trio.



NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Medisti said:

I don't think it's really about what any of us associate the character with, but more where they first appeared. Goku first appeared in manga, so he isn't eligible for Smash Bros. That seems to be the only hard rule the series follows, and a softer rule of needing to have appeared on a Nintendo console (Cloud actually has, albeit in Kingdom Hearts spin-offs).

Side note: You have the best avatar ever.

I wasn't aware it was ever addressed by Sakurai, I'm just speaking hypothetically. Personally I see Smash Bros. as an IP that largely celebrates Nintendo's legacy, but I understand other people view it differently.

And thank you! I was planning on changing it a week or so ago but I couldn't do it. XD The artist is pretty amazing.

HoangNhatAnh said:

Nice avatar, i love it

Thanks! I love yours too. Best trio.

Actually, i think i can't let someone alone so have to change again



The reasons that are being put forth on why Goku will be in Smash are ridiculous and are just filled with strawman arguments, however, I think we should refrain from insulting and getting aggressive with each other.