Quantcast
The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

I'm looking for the thread used to talk about the direction of moderation on the forums but I can't seem to find it. "You can't talk about moderation in public" is unacceptable. If there is one area where transparency is needed, this would be it.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
I'm looking for the thread used to talk about the direction of moderation on the forums but I can't seem to find it. "You can't talk about moderation in public" is unacceptable. If there is one area where transparency is needed, this would be it.

They locked it.



...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

pokoko said:
I'm looking for the thread used to talk about the direction of moderation on the forums but I can't seem to find it. "You can't talk about moderation in public" is unacceptable. If there is one area where transparency is needed, this would be it.

It's currently under some innovation and we don't have an ETA for its return. That said, people's Moderations have always been private business (outside of The Mod Thread), but I'm open to talk about that. Why do you feel it should change?



                                                                                                                                     

Do you have a date on re-opening the mod thread, or are you going along with the long held plan to keep it locked?

Carl said:
Do you have a date on re-opening the mod thread, or are you going along with the long held plan to keep it locked?

We're still discussing how to make it work the best way possible. No date yet, though.



                                                                                                                                     

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Can you enable the VGC Buddy to lengthen? Currently, it's locked and you have to scroll down for older threads.

Any thoughts on this?

 

Also, the Game DB still links to the old ones.  If I click Game DB up top, then click a console, it takes me to the old pages.
Here.
http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/83/switch/

Rather than here.
http://www.vgchartz.com/games/games.php?console=NS

I ask because games are missing from the former but not from the latter. Or is the Platform pages still under development? 



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Buddy isnít working on iOS, leaving you with no way to browse the forum.

What changed recently where the search functionality became broken, browsing the forum on mobile outside of using the Buddy became impossible, and the general layout of the forum became so stretched and shitty on mobile? At least you guys got rid of the ridiculous ads.

Is it just me? If I try to use the index, my topics, etc links in the banner, nothing happens. Why not just remove the banner?

LudicrousSpeed said:
Buddy isn’t working on iOS, leaving you with no way to browse the forum.

What changed recently where the search functionality became broken, browsing the forum on mobile outside of using the Buddy became impossible, and the general layout of the forum became so stretched and shitty on mobile? At least you guys got rid of the ridiculous ads.

Is it just me? If I try to use the index, my topics, etc links in the banner, nothing happens. Why not just remove the banner?

I don't actually use ios at all but I know on chrome/android I have to request the desktop version of the site to be dished out the mobile version (only vgchartz has this issue) you could give it a try, here is the google result for how to try it on ios, like I said though, I don't use that platform and this might not do anything for you.

How to request the desktop version of a website in mobile Safari
  1. Visit the affected site in Safari.
  2. Tap and hold the Refresh button in the URL bar.
  3. Tap Request Desktop Site.
  4. The website will then reload as its desktop version.


Fancy watching me Flawless Kill a Remix boss of Rogue Legacy? (Ponce De freon)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC0yCu2iY2o

I keep getting tons of error text appearing in my posts and signature. I deleted it from my post but couldn't delete it from my signature, it just reappeared again. I'm using Firefox on Android, here's the error message, it's also in my signature.

#tap-translate { all: initial; } @keyframes translation-button-slide { from { transform: translateX(100%); } to { trasnform: translateX(0); } } @keyframes fadein-background { from { opacity: 0; } to { opacity: 0.7; } } @keyframes fadeout-background { from { opacity: 0.7; } to { opacity: 0; } } @keyframes fadein-button { from { opacity: 0; } to { opacity: 1; } } @keyframes translation-slidein { from { transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-100%); } to { trasnform: translateX(-50%) translateY(0); } } @keyframes translation-slideout { from { trasnform: translateX(-50%) translateY(0); } to { transform: translateX(-50%) translateY(-100%); } } @keyframes spinner { from { transform: rotateZ(0deg); } to { transform: rotateZ(360deg); } } #tap-translate *, #tap-translate *::before, #tap-translate *::after { box-sizing: border-box; } #tap-translate .container { position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; font-size: 16px; font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 1.2; color: black; z-index:

Proud owner of a PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Xbo S and a dated gaming pc.

What's with the text that get smaller at certain ₚₒᵢₙₜ ᵢₙ ₐ ₚₒₛₜ? I catch it most times in my own posts, and just hit edit and refresh to fix it. I see it in other comments ₜₒₒ.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 07 October 2018

Chinese food for breakfast