By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

I haven't been able to post images from mobile.

They get attached, but when I click "Post" it goes blank.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Moren said:
I haven't been able to post images from mobile.

They get attached, but when I click "Post" it goes blank.

1) Are you using the "mobile" version of the editor? Or, the desktop version?

2) Are you uploading the image directly into the post, or is the image hosted outside the post?

3) And of course, the usual: mobile device? browser? version?

1) I'm using the mobile version.

2) I'm uploading the image directly.

3) Galaxy S9+ Android, Chrome V 81.0.4044.96 (I just updated and retested before posting this) 

Ads currently taking site. Threads get pushed of page and scroll doesn't work.

TalonMan said:
Xxain said:
Ads currently taking site. Threads get pushed of page and scroll doesn't work.

Do you have a screenshot, by chance?

In don't know how to get it here. pic size limit is soo low 

Around the Network

Blue bar blocks site 

TalonMan said:
Moren said:

1) I'm using the mobile version.

2) I'm uploading the image directly.

3) Galaxy S9+ Android, Chrome V 81.0.4044.96 (I just updated and retested before posting this) 

So - one possibility (without me breaking away and spending a ton of time investigating this), is that the image you're attempting to upload is too big. There is a cap of 500k for image sizes (and even that may get reduced in the very near future). If you are using the desktop version, uploading a file greater than 500k will cause a "Your file is too big!!" message to appear and won't allow you to upload - unfortunately, I was not able to get that same message to appear in the "mobile" version of the editor (this is a 3rd party app, using 3rd party plug-ins - so there's only so many weeds I'm willing to stumble through, for something like this!!!). Even without the message though, the cap does remain in place - so attempting to upload a file larger than 500k might appear to be successful, but the storage function will simply drop that image if it's too big...

...can you confirm the size of the image you're attempting to upload? If you have access to a desktop (or can hit the "display as desktop" link at the very, very bottom of any page when viewing the site on your mobile device so that it can emulate "desktop" on your mobile device) - can you try to upload the same image using the "desktop" editor?

Let me know how you make out...

Edit: Sorry Talon, I completely forgot to respond, but I appreciate the feedback.

I just now tried a smaller image, and it works fine, so I assume the problem was on my end.

Last edited by Moren - on 13 April 2020

Hey Talon, I was on this news story https://www.vgchartz.com/article/443153/2k-partnering-with-humble-bundle-to-raise-money-for-the-covid-19-relief-efforts/ and upvoted the comment to +4. I left, and almost immediately returned to make a comment of my own, and saw my upvote was missing, and it was at 0. I upvoted to +4 once again, and decided to leave and return, to see if my upvote would disappear again. Nope. Now it's at +8. :) I realized you likely have more pressing issues to deal with, but wanted to bring this to your attention. On mobile/android.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Love the ribbons of the article type! I understand why you used orange/white colors for all categories, but different colors for different types would be even more helpful. Or at least inverted colours for news (white background, orange text). ^^

I understand. This has also something to do with corporate identity. It was just an idea to improve this great feature.

I think the reason in using ribbons is that you can faster see, which type of article you have. With different colors you could see the difference between many articles in one view without reading the text of the ribbon. If you would add black as third color, you would get 6 variations:

black background/white text
black background/orange text
white background/black text
white background/orange text
orange background/black text
orange background/white text

How many article types do we have? News, reviews, sales?