Quantcast
The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090909085730/http://www.vgchartz.com:80/forum/thread.php?id=85186

people talking about Last Guardian releasing in 2010....little did they know...

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!


Around the Network
Arminillo said:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090909085730/http://www.vgchartz.com:80/forum/thread.php?id=85186

people talking about Last Guardian releasing in 2010....little did they know...

I don't even know what VG$ were used for!



Been a couple years in the making but definitely looking forward to this site getting back on track!

VGPolyglot said:
Arminillo said:
https://web.archive.org/web/20090909085730/http://www.vgchartz.com:80/forum/thread.php?id=85186

people talking about Last Guardian releasing in 2010....little did they know...

I don't even know what VG$ were used for!

Weren't they for betting on the prediction league or something like that?



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Awe I miss Prediction League. Seeing it in those old forms of VGC made me feel nostalgic.

Random suggestion - Have we ever thought of splitting the hot topics into gaming and off-topic. I remember when off-topic was removed from hot topics and that was a disaster because it nearly killed off-topic. As someone who doesn't come here often anymore, it occurred to me that if I was looking for a gaming community and see 50% political threads in hot topics I might not venture into the forums. A division on having both on the front page but labeled separately would accomplish what was tried in the past by promoting more gaming threads, while not killing the off-topic section.

Just a thought. :)

 

My Real Redneck friends


Around the Network

Saweeeeeeet!  I'm excited for the future of vgchartz.  :)



PDF said:
Awe I miss Prediction League. Seeing it in those old forms of VGC made me feel nostalgic.

Random suggestion - Have we ever thought of splitting the hot topics into gaming and off-topic. I remember when off-topic was removed from hot topics and that was a disaster because it nearly killed off-topic. As someone who doesn't come here often anymore, it occurred to me that if I was looking for a gaming community and see 50% political threads in hot topics I might not venture into the forums. A division on having both on the front page but labeled separately would accomplish what was tried in the past by promoting more gaming threads, while not killing the off-topic section.

Just a thought. :)

There is actually front-page filtering now!! The sub-forums that you choose to appear in the forum hot-topics will be the only ones that display in the front-page hot topics.



VGPolyglot said:
PDF said:
Awe I miss Prediction League. Seeing it in those old forms of VGC made me feel nostalgic.

Random suggestion - Have we ever thought of splitting the hot topics into gaming and off-topic. I remember when off-topic was removed from hot topics and that was a disaster because it nearly killed off-topic. As someone who doesn't come here often anymore, it occurred to me that if I was looking for a gaming community and see 50% political threads in hot topics I might not venture into the forums. A division on having both on the front page but labeled separately would accomplish what was tried in the past by promoting more gaming threads, while not killing the off-topic section.

Just a thought. :)

There is actually front-page filtering now!! The sub-forums that you choose to appear in the forum hot-topics will be the only ones that display in the front-page hot topics.

Yeah but they are talking about as a default if someone were to just be visiting the site, they would see a lot of political frontpage without knowing about filtering



Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!


VGPolyglot said:
PDF said:
Awe I miss Prediction League. Seeing it in those old forms of VGC made me feel nostalgic.

Random suggestion - Have we ever thought of splitting the hot topics into gaming and off-topic. I remember when off-topic was removed from hot topics and that was a disaster because it nearly killed off-topic. As someone who doesn't come here often anymore, it occurred to me that if I was looking for a gaming community and see 50% political threads in hot topics I might not venture into the forums. A division on having both on the front page but labeled separately would accomplish what was tried in the past by promoting more gaming threads, while not killing the off-topic section.

Just a thought. :)

There is actually front-page filtering now!! The sub-forums that you choose to appear in the forum hot-topics will be the only ones that display in the front-page hot topics.

That's for users who are signed up correct?.  I was thinking for lurkers who have yet to make accounts. People who are just visiting for the first few times impressions are important.  I've been logged out for a while thats why I thought of it.  I only just logged in to make this comment :p



 

My Real Redneck friends


PDF said:
VGPolyglot said:

There is actually front-page filtering now!! The sub-forums that you choose to appear in the forum hot-topics will be the only ones that display in the front-page hot topics.

That's for users who are signed up correct?.  I was thinking for lurkers who have yet to make accounts. People who are just visiting for the first few times impressions are important.  I've been logged out for a while thats why I thought of it.  I only just logged in to make this comment :p

Ah, I see. Then yeah, Miguel, Raven, Ryuu or Axum would be the best people to contact in regards to this.