By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

VGPolyglot said:
SnekWasHere said:
Awesome! I'm super excited for VGchartz to be restored to it's former glory and maybe even surpass that.

So recently I've been having some log in issues and I am not actually able to log in on my main account anymore despite the fact my password is correct. I then made the huge mistake of doing a "password reset" and the e-mail never came. I did this a fair few times, maybe close to a dozen. I went through my e-mail's block list and nothing is listed for VGChartz. When I try to e-mail "contact@vgchartz.com" I automatically get an e-mail saying "colo-a2.hereandabove.com rejected your message to the following email addresses: contact@vgchartz.com (contact@vgchartz.com)" which is very weird.

I am very grateful that you guys are trying to fix the website and it's understandable that the random downtimes are unnecessary. Sometimes things break a bit to get better; but the fact I can't log in and lost my account and that it took me multiple attempts to make a burner account is very odd. I'm not entirely sure what the cause is but I have heard of other complaints about making new accounts in the past.

My question is how long will it be until I can have my regular account back and when will I be able to request a password reset? I have never e-mailed "contact@vgchartz.com" before so there's no reason for them to have blocked me. I've never had a ban before either. Just a warning or two over some very mild offenses and this was a fair while back and over the course of my few years here. I doubled checked my account and it's not listed as banned and this has been going on for 2 days now. If a mod could follow up on this that would be great. I'm not sure what mod would be the appropriate one to message to work through this and I don't want to spam "50" messages to make a posts to give this the proper attention that is needed.

Thanks an advanced and hopefully we can prevent this from happening to other users as well. It's a really terrible feeling if I were to be blunt and ended with a lot of wasted time and effort on my part.

What is your regular account?

I'd really rather disclose all the details with a mod who can figure out what is going on if that's okay?

They will likely need to manually rest my password as well. I've had difficulties with the password reset function located in the "settings -----> Password" in the past and I'm not sure if that is fixed yet. That has been an issue for over a year and it's kind of annoying but I can deal using my old password. Though it's quite problematic when the "lost password" route worked and now I can't actually log in because the e-mail won't send.

My theory is that the site has blocked off all e-mails that are associated with "Hotmail, Outlook, or Yahoo" currently since the site will not accept new users who uses those e-mails. Though unfortunately it seems the site may potentially be locking them out as well. Though I can't really say since I don't know when the site put that into effect, why, or how it's being enforced.

Around the Network

I just want to thank Machina and of course Talon for all the help. I'll be deactivating this account since I got my main account back. Oddly the "change password" function works. I feel certain that I activated my account years ago when I joined but I suppose I did not. Regardless this is all the past now and I want to thank you all again for being so awesome!

Also a shout out to VGPolyglot as well. Congrats on that Beta Tester and Supporter banners. You earned them dude! :D

RolStoppable said:
Can an admin please make me a mod? Earlier this week I ran into an instance where somebody flamed me over 100 times (that's not an exaggeration) and I couldn't ban him. Let me take care of business.

Was it the same person you asked the mod team not to ban?

OT: Thank you, TalonMan. It's nice to see that there are people who actually care about the site's shape. Even though I joined a year after you left, 2011 was still a healthier VGC than it has been recently, and I'm excited for something even better.

Sending to hotmail.com and outlook.com and other Microsoft domains is working now. That said, they may go into spam, but they are at least accepting e-mails now.

Great job, guys. Looking forward to the changes and improvements of the website.

Around the Network
jlauro said:
Sending to hotmail.com and outlook.com and other Microsoft domains is working now. That said, they may go into spam, but they are at least accepting e-mails now.

Oh sweet, my account lives again.

Hadn't been able to log in all weekend, but good thing I randomly found this thread.
Assumed I was just lost in limbo.

Thank you everyone for making all the fixes.

It's very exciting to see so many people working together to not only fix, but improve the site and make it a good place to be and discuss about anything we want again, specially after watching the site being semi abandoned for years (Trucks tried to fix it, but it was too much work for just one person).

Thank you, guys.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Mobile-friendly sounds REAL good!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

JEMC said:
It's very exciting to see so many people working together to not only fix, but improve the site and make it a good place to be and discuss about anything we want again, specially after watching the site being semi abandoned for years (Trucks tried to fix it, but it was too much work for just one person).

Thank you, guys.

Thank you!! We appreciate your guys' support!!

TalonMan said:

Howdy all!!!

As most of you have already begun to notice, there has been a fairly substantial uptick in activity in regards to the maintenance of VGChartz
[...]
Our goal is to make this experience, the best it can possibly be...

Project Team (Responsible for managing the project list, both in detail and priority - if you have suggestions or bug complaints, they will be on the front-line.):
  - axumblade
  - Miguel_Zorro
  - RavenXtra
  - Ryuu96

Beta Testers (Responsible for thoroughly testing and documenting any and all issues with enhancements.)
  - Versus_Evil
  - VGPolyglot

Technical Team (Obviously, these are the people building features and keeping the hamsters fed so they can continue turning the wheel!)
  - jlauro
  - TalonMan
  - TruckOSaurus

Sales Team (The dynamic duo that fulfills the core mission of VGChartz which is updating and continuously improving the accuracy of our sales numbers, and those helping them do so)
  - Machina (Software Sales)
  - trunkswd (Hardware Sales)
  - Boutros (Sales Threads & Adjustment Recommendations)

[...]

It's great to be back, everyone! I look forward to doing what i can to help improve the website as quickly and as often as I can, and I hope you will all work with us if we happen to experience some growing pains as we work towards restoring VGChartz to the top-tier website it deserves to be!!

Great! Thanks a lot to you all!    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!