Quantcast
Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's FY 6 month earnings report: Switch - 7.6m, Splatoon 2 - 3.6m

How do the hardware numbers compare to the Wii and 3DS?



Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
LimaBean01 said:
Poor arms, and no mario + rabbids :(

So according to past Nintendo reports, the 3ds sold 8.36 million units from October-December 2011. What are we expecting for switch?

To outsell Wii u LTD it needs to sell 5.93 million these three months which is doable, no?

Poor Arms?  I think it's done pretty well considering it's genre and launch date as well as its status as a new IP.  

Also, Arms and Breath of the Wild are substantially undertracked here, I'm *stunned*!

...said no one ever :P

Edit:  Ok Arms isn't substantially undertracked, but it is still looking to be undertracked by about 100k or so?  So still, called it 

Sorry I meant more about this quarter sales for arms specifically. It vastly surpassed my expectations for the last report (1.18 million), but it’s only grown to 1.35 in 3 months meaning only around 170k were sold this quarter (unless my maths is wrong). Overall I didn’t even expect it to reach 1 million so it’s done pretty well imo but the legs don’t look great.



Bet with flashfire926: I think switch will win November NPD, and he thinks xbox one will win (if ps4 is victorious, it's a draw). Loser has to state that they lost in the signature for some time.

curl-6 said:

Numbers are in!

Switch hardware: 7.63 million

Zelda Botw: 4.7 million (Switch version only)

Splatoon 2: 3.61 million

Operating income: 39.96 billion yen

Profit: 51.5 billion yen

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

https://gonintendo.com/stories/294226-nintendo-2nd-quarter-results-fy3-2018-switch-sells-7-63-million


You can add this numbers:

-Net Sales: ¥374,041 million (~$3.29 billion), 173.4% increase YoY

-Operating Income: ¥39,961 million (~$351 million)

-Profit: ¥51,503 million (~$453 million)

 



twintail said:
How do the hardware numbers compare to the Wii and 3DS?

Currently we have just 3DS and Wii U comparison:

3DS Q4 2010: 3.61 million / 3.61 million (Feb/Mar launch)
3DS Q1 2011: 0.71 million / 4.32 million
3DS Q2 2011: 2.36 million / 6.68 million (price cut in August)

Wii U Q4 2012: 3.06 million / 3.06 million (Nov.Dec launch)
Wii U Q1 2013: 0.39 million / 3.45 million
Wii U Q2 2013: 0.16 million / 3.61 million

Switch Q4 2016: 2.74 million / 2.74 million (March launch)
Switch Q1 2017: 1.96 million / 4.70 million
Switch Q2 2017: 2.93 million / 7.63 million



Miyamotoo said:
twintail said:
How do the hardware numbers compare to the Wii and 3DS?

Currently we have just 3DS and Wii U comparison:

3DS Q4 2010: 3.61 million / 3.61 million (Feb/Mar launch)
3DS Q1 2011: 0.71 million / 4.32 million
3DS Q2 2011: 2.36 million / 6.68 million (price cut in August)

Wii U Q4 2012: 3.06 million / 3.06 million (Nov.Dec launch)
Wii U Q1 2013: 0.39 million / 3.45 million
Wii U Q2 2013: 0.16 million / 3.61 million

Switch Q4 2016: 2.74 million / 2.74 million (March launch)
Switch Q1 2017: 1.96 million / 4.70 million
Switch Q2 2017: 2.93 million / 7.63 million

Ahead of 3DS! cool!



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Splatoon 2 did that well?

Nah, the numbers weren't measuring up so Nintendo just said "F*** it, let's just lie to our shareholders, they're down with it.  I mean, what's a felony or two among friends?"

:P



twintail said:
Miyamotoo said:

Currently we have just 3DS and Wii U comparison:

3DS Q4 2010: 3.61 million / 3.61 million (Feb/Mar launch)
3DS Q1 2011: 0.71 million / 4.32 million
3DS Q2 2011: 2.36 million / 6.68 million (price cut in August)

Wii U Q4 2012: 3.06 million / 3.06 million (Nov.Dec launch)
Wii U Q1 2013: 0.39 million / 3.45 million
Wii U Q2 2013: 0.16 million / 3.61 million

Switch Q4 2016: 2.74 million / 2.74 million (March launch)
Switch Q1 2017: 1.96 million / 4.70 million
Switch Q2 2017: 2.93 million / 7.63 million

Ahead of 3DS! cool!

With fact that Switch has huge stock issues and didn't had price cut like 3DS. :)



twintail said:
Miyamotoo said:

Currently we have just 3DS and Wii U comparison:

3DS Q4 2010: 3.61 million / 3.61 million (Feb/Mar launch)
3DS Q1 2011: 0.71 million / 4.32 million
3DS Q2 2011: 2.36 million / 6.68 million (price cut in August)

Wii U Q4 2012: 3.06 million / 3.06 million (Nov.Dec launch)
Wii U Q1 2013: 0.39 million / 3.45 million
Wii U Q2 2013: 0.16 million / 3.61 million

Switch Q4 2016: 2.74 million / 2.74 million (March launch)
Switch Q1 2017: 1.96 million / 4.70 million
Switch Q2 2017: 2.93 million / 7.63 million

Ahead of 3DS! cool!

Not just ahead, Switch increased it's leading margin despite the 3DS having it's pricecut there



Operating income last FY was $262m.

First 6 months of this one and already at $351m, very nice.



Predictions (Made July 2019)

LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m       2019 : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m        2020: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)


BraLoD said:
Splatoon 2 did that well?

Why are you asking?