Quantcast
NintenDominion: Nintendo E3 June 11th, 9:00AM PT / 12:00PM ET | Pokemon Direct! Pokemon Sword & Shield Releasing November 15th, 2019!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDominion: Nintendo E3 June 11th, 9:00AM PT / 12:00PM ET | Pokemon Direct! Pokemon Sword & Shield Releasing November 15th, 2019!

Here it is, the 3DS swansong.



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Also, looks like Crash Team Racing is 5.7GB on Switch

https://nintendosoup.com/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-file-size-revealed-on-north-american-eshop/

Hopefully this means it's on a 8GB cart with no mandatory download, like Team Sonic Racing was.

Does anyone know if these downloads are usually included in the eshop download size, or if this 5.7GB could just be what's on the cart with potentially like another 10GB as a download?

The box art, at least from what's been shown so far, doesn't have that "download required" logo, but maybe it just hasn't been added yet.

The download sizes on the eShop refer to the full size of the digital version of the given game, so that every potential customer can judge if they have enough free space on their console and how much more they'd need if they don't have enough free space (plus customers get blocked from purchase if there's not enough free space on the console). The file size on the eShop constitutes the upper limit of what can be on a game card, but doesn't indicate if everything is on the game card.

Since we know that an 8 GB card costs a publisher as much as a Blu-ray, that it's not Capcom who is publishing this game and that the publisher of this specific game has put the complete Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on an 8GB card last year, it's 99.9% certain that Crash Team Racing will ship as full game on card. The remaining 0.1% are only there to put your paranoia in motion.

Worth noting that was the price in the first half of 2017, so 2 years ago.  Costs have fallen across the board for this kind of data storage tech.  The recent release of multiple sub-$60 games on 16GB cards supports this.  We don't know exactly where the relative prices are however.



RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Also, looks like Crash Team Racing is 5.7GB on Switch

https://nintendosoup.com/crash-team-racing-nitro-fueled-file-size-revealed-on-north-american-eshop/

Hopefully this means it's on a 8GB cart with no mandatory download, like Team Sonic Racing was.

Does anyone know if these downloads are usually included in the eshop download size, or if this 5.7GB could just be what's on the cart with potentially like another 10GB as a download?

The box art, at least from what's been shown so far, doesn't have that "download required" logo, but maybe it just hasn't been added yet.

The download sizes on the eShop refer to the full size of the digital version of the given game, so that every potential customer can judge if they have enough free space on their console and how much more they'd need if they don't have enough free space (plus customers get blocked from purchase if there's not enough free space on the console). The file size on the eShop constitutes the upper limit of what can be on a game card, but doesn't indicate if everything is on the game card.

Since we know that an 8 GB card costs a publisher as much as a Blu-ray, that it's not Capcom who is publishing this game and that the publisher of this specific game has put the complete Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy on an 8GB card last year, it's 99.9% certain that Crash Team Racing will ship as full game on card. The remaining 0.1% are only there to put your paranoia in motion.

Good to know. Hopefully it's all on the card. I'm considering picking it up for my little brother, we have it on PS1 but both the disc and the system are somewhat less than reliable nowadays, both being 20 years old.

It's always refreshing when a third party game doesn't pull the 'download the other half of the game to play' BS.

Of course, there's also the question of how it will look/run on Switch being a down-port from PS4, but as a cartoon Kart racer with roots in the 5th gen you'd have to be a special kind of incompetent to fuck that up.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 June 2019

curl-6 said:

Yeesh, fired up my Wii U for the first time in a long time to play some BOTW and was stunned by just how slow and inconvenient its OS is now that I'm used to the snappy user-friendliness of the Switch.

It's weird, I know over a dozen people who own BOTW, but I am the only one who has it for Wii U.

I feel offended for not being included in your circle =( I'll let you know that I do have BOTW on WiiU too !

Ultrashroomz said:
Here it is, the 3DS swansong.

No crying until the end ....

Spoiler!

Scratch that, I'm still playing regularly on my N2DS. THE DREAM IS ALIVE !! 

Until I finish my DS/3DS backlog ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Yeesh, fired up my Wii U for the first time in a long time to play some BOTW and was stunned by just how slow and inconvenient its OS is now that I'm used to the snappy user-friendliness of the Switch.

It's weird, I know over a dozen people who own BOTW, but I am the only one who has it for Wii U.

I feel offended for not being included in your circle =( I'll let you know that I do have BOTW on WiiU too !

By all means, welcome to the circle! :P #BOTWonWiiUMasterrace



Around the Network

Watch Witcher 3 be an exclusive to the Switch Pro like Xenoblade was to the New 3DS, lulz.



curl-6 said:

Watch Witcher 3 be an exclusive to the Switch Pro like Xenoblade was to the New 3DS, lulz.

That may be possible but Nintendo did say they would not announce new hardware at E3. So if true, that would likely mean no announcement for Witcher 3 on NS untill then.



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

curl-6 said:

Watch Witcher 3 be an exclusive to the Switch Pro like Xenoblade was to the New 3DS, lulz.

Can't wait for those buying it without looking at the "Pro" part and just try to play it on OG Switch,lol.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...

In a Japanese interview on 4Gamer, Takahashi has revealed that Xenoblade 2 sold more than 1.73 million copies so far.

"I think the environment is gradually getting better. "Xenoblade 2" As a result, we achieved 1.73 million copies worldwide at the end of March 2019."


Green098 said:
In a Japanese interview on 4Gamer, Takahashi has revealed that Xenoblade 2 sold more than 1.73 million copies so far.

"I think the environment is gradually getting better. "Xenoblade 2" As a result, we achieved 1.73 million copies worldwide at the end of March 2019."

I wonder if that's counting Torna the Golden Country separated release ?

Otherwise, this is great !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

A gift to a special someone ...