Quantcast
Nintendo is Like Apple and Sony is Like Microsoft

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is Like Apple and Sony is Like Microsoft

In gaming, do you believe Nintendo and Sony parallel Apple and Microsoft in the PC business?

Yes 34 15.81%
 
No 154 71.63%
 
Somewhat 27 12.56%
 
Total:215
BraLoD said:
Nice story bro, nice to know Nintendo created gaming when they started in the 3rd generation.

Not that I think Nintendo invented video games or that I read much of the OP, Nintendo did actually start all the way back during the very first generation though.



Around the Network

Nothing at all like each other. Nintendo can only dream of being as successful as apple. Unlike Apple, Nintendo needs their next device to be successful or they are in serious trouble. To go from 100 million Wii's down to 12 million Wii U's is a catastrophic failure



FunFan said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Actually, the Playstation division was initially modeled around Sony's music division. I'd really love to hear your explanation on the Xbox thing

The PlayStation 4 is an Xbox under a different brand. It has more in common with the original Xbox than with the PlayStation 1 or 2. Also, SONY can model their division in the shape of a donut, It still doesn't change the fact Nintendo has always been their biggest source for inspiration.

What? They were inspired by the way the music division ran and decided to run the game division the same way, making that their primary inspiration. And I asked for an explanation, not for you to just say the same thing without providing any reasoning.



DucksUnlimited said:
FunFan said:

The PlayStation 4 is an Xbox under a different brand. It has more in common with the original Xbox than with the PlayStation 1 or 2. Also, SONY can model their division in the shape of a donut, It still doesn't change the fact Nintendo has always been their biggest source for inspiration.

What? They were inspired by the way the music division ran and decided to run the game division the same way, making that their primary inspiration. And I asked for an explanation, not for you to just say the same thing without providing any reasoning.

What you call inspiration is simply adopting a structure in which the company already ran. Inspiration means something/someone somehow made you think of an new Idea. Its not about copying what was already there, thats only inspiration in cynical terms. But Sony is great at that kind of inspiration, so you might be right.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

LurkerJ said:

And if you wanna talk about overpriced hardware can we throw the Wii U & the ps3 among the examples? Thanks.

I can see where you're coming from in regards to the WiiU - it's a bit pricey for what it is, but the PS3?!

How is a piece of hardware that costs $800 to make and is sold for $600 overpriced? You might call it expensive or over-engineered (thanks to "Krazy Ken"), but it certainly wasn't overpriced.



 

Around the Network
FunFan said:
DucksUnlimited said:

What? They were inspired by the way the music division ran and decided to run the game division the same way, making that their primary inspiration. And I asked for an explanation, not for you to just say the same thing without providing any reasoning.

What you call inspiration is simply adopting a structure in which the company already ran. Inspiration means something/someone somehow made you think of an new Idea. Its not about copying what was already there, thats only inspiration in cynical terms. But Sony is great at that kind of inspiration, so you might be right.

Huh? They obviously didn't directly copy their music division. Each division was providing completely different products. They were simply inspired by the business philosophy of the music division and adapted it in their own way to make it work for gaming. Your last sentence shows me you're not interested in an actual conversation and are just interested in engaging in childish console war nonsense (and doing a pretty poor job of it since you can't manage to back up your claims). If you have actual evidence, provide it. Otherwise I'm not interested.



DucksUnlimited said:
FunFan said:

What you call inspiration is simply adopting a structure in which the company already ran. Inspiration means something/someone somehow made you think of an new Idea. Its not about copying what was already there, thats only inspiration in cynical terms. But Sony is great at that kind of inspiration, so you might be right.

Huh? They obviously didn't directly copy their music division. Each division was providing completely different products. They were simply inspired by the business philosophy of the music division and adapted it in their own way to make it work for gaming. Your last sentence shows me you're not interested in an actual conversation and are just interested in engaging in childish console war nonsense (and doing a pretty poor job of it since you can't manage to back up your claims). If you have actual evidence, provide it. Otherwise I'm not interested.

Believe what you want to. Whatever it takes to make you happy. I'm not going to lose time explaining the obvious.



“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

DucksUnlimited said:
FunFan said:

What you call inspiration is simply adopting a structure in which the company already ran. Inspiration means something/someone somehow made you think of an new Idea. Its not about copying what was already there, thats only inspiration in cynical terms. But Sony is great at that kind of inspiration, so you might be right.

Huh? They obviously didn't directly copy their music division. Each division was providing completely different products. They were simply inspired by the business philosophy of the music division and adapted it in their own way to make it work for gaming. Your last sentence shows me you're not interested in an actual conversation and are just interested in engaging in childish console war nonsense (and doing a pretty poor job of it since you can't manage to back up your claims). If you have actual evidence, provide it. Otherwise I'm not interested.

My advice: Don't bother with him let him be let him be let him be.



Sprash said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Huh? They obviously didn't directly copy their music division. Each division was providing completely different products. They were simply inspired by the business philosophy of the music division and adapted it in their own way to make it work for gaming. Your last sentence shows me you're not interested in an actual conversation and are just interested in engaging in childish console war nonsense (and doing a pretty poor job of it since you can't manage to back up your claims). If you have actual evidence, provide it. Otherwise I'm not interested.

My advice: Don't bother with him let him be let him be let him be.

Was this intentional?



                                                                                                                                            

Sprash said:
DucksUnlimited said:

Huh? They obviously didn't directly copy their music division. Each division was providing completely different products. They were simply inspired by the business philosophy of the music division and adapted it in their own way to make it work for gaming. Your last sentence shows me you're not interested in an actual conversation and are just interested in engaging in childish console war nonsense (and doing a pretty poor job of it since you can't manage to back up your claims). If you have actual evidence, provide it. Otherwise I'm not interested.

My advice: Don't bother with him let him be let him be let him be.

Thank you and welcome to the site, Paul McCartney.