By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo is Like Apple and Sony is Like Microsoft

In gaming, do you believe Nintendo and Sony parallel Apple and Microsoft in the PC business?

Yes 34 15.81%

No 154 71.63%

Somewhat 27 12.56%

Total:215

Lol. Look at E3. Where Nintendo has barebones Sony has explosion.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Iphone 6s+ is about 400$ more expensive than a Note 5 lol. I said "similar price point". Meanwhile, a Galaxy S6 (which is still substantially cheaper than and Iphone 6s plus mind you) has about twice the gflops for its GPU, two times the CPU power, 3 times the RAM, 1440p vs Iphone 6s plus' 1080p, and I could go on.

Your graph is for single core performance.... And it doesn't even feature the CPU that an S6 has. Heck, it doesn't even feature the CPU that an Iphone 6S plus has lol. But single core performance isn't everything you know. The iphone 6s plus only has 2 cores, while the galaxy S6 has 8 cores that also have higher clock rates.

Now that we have the phones out of the way, let's go to PCs.

http://www.amazon.com/CPU-Solutions-3-6ghz-Windows-GTX960/dp/B017WQ6L5C/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1455030470&sr=1-5&keywords=pc&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A3012497011%2Cp_36%3A100000-200000%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A13580790011%7C13580788011

That thing has similar hardware to top of the line imacs... Keep in mind it is about half the price, but imacs come with screens. Throw in a 4k screen and it's only 1000$ cheaper than an imac.

What are you talking about? The note 5 is samsungs latest flagships. It outperforms the almost 1 year old Galaxy s6.

An actual galaxy note 5 is 800€. Its more expensive then a iPhone 6s plus.

Dude please stop talking and get some informations first, your disgracing yourself.

An iMac comes with an SCREEN. The top end iMac came with an 5k screen!!! Dude LOL.

We talked about macbook pro not imac btw. WTF :D Your ridiclous, please educate yourself before talking lol.

Edit:

here is your galaxy s6 vs iPhone 6s comparison:

Cool Op, but I disagree. It's obvious (to me at least) that Sony sees the approach Apple takes and tries to emulate that. It's clear as day in their design language, and the fact that Sony has a very long history of fostering/trying to push proprietary software/hardware (this dates back to before Apples existence) helps prove my point. Go do some research on Sonys history and technological accomplishments and you'll see what I mean. Oh wait what's that? You want some examples?

Betamax
Walkman
CD
BluRay
SDDS

Were they an opportunist when they bought gaikai, in an effort to make game streaming relevant?

There's also evidence that Sony is building up its own ecosystem of products that talk to each other, spanning a wide array of smart devices. Hmm. Who else does that.

Nintendo isn't like any other company and never will be. Look at their branding. Odd controllers, games aimed for all ages, toys with NFC built in that communicate with games. You would probably draw a better comparison with Hasbro or Disney tbh. Actually yeah.

Sony is to Apple as Nintendo is to Disney. Microsoft doesn't really have a parallel that I can think of as most of their revenue comes from software/services. Which is definitely not a position Sony shares yet.

BraLoD said:
Nice story bro, nice to know Nintendo created gaming when they started in the 3rd generation.

apple didnt created smartphones either. There were smartphones before the iPhone. Apple just improve the technology that much and create a unique user expierence. That made them popular. Like Nintendo.

JNK said:
Teeqoz said:

Iphone 6s+ is about 400$ more expensive than a Note 5 lol. I said "similar price point". Meanwhile, a Galaxy S6 (which is still substantially cheaper than and Iphone 6s plus mind you) has about twice the gflops for its GPU, two times the CPU power, 3 times the RAM, 1440p vs Iphone 6s plus' 1080p, and I could go on.

Your graph is for single core performance.... And it doesn't even feature the CPU that an S6 has. Heck, it doesn't even feature the CPU that an Iphone 6S plus has lol. But single core performance isn't everything you know. The iphone 6s plus only has 2 cores, while the galaxy S6 has 8 cores that also have higher clock rates.

Now that we have the phones out of the way, let's go to PCs.

http://www.amazon.com/CPU-Solutions-3-6ghz-Windows-GTX960/dp/B017WQ6L5C/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1455030470&sr=1-5&keywords=pc&refinements=p_n_feature_seven_browse-bin%3A3012497011%2Cp_36%3A100000-200000%2Cp_n_feature_five_browse-bin%3A13580790011%7C13580788011

That thing has similar hardware to top of the line imacs... Keep in mind it is about half the price, but imacs come with screens. Throw in a 4k screen and it's only 1000$ cheaper than an imac.

What are you talking about? The note 5 is samsungs latest flagships. It outperforms the almost 1 year old Galaxy s6.

An actual galaxy note 5 is 800€. Its more expensive then a iPhone 6s plus.

Dude please stop talking and get some informations first, your disgracing yourself.

An iMac comes with an SCREEN. The top end iMac came with an 5k screen!!! Dude LOL.

We talked about macbook pro not imac btw. WTF :D Your ridiclous, please educate yourself before talking lol.

Oh you are right. The Note 5 is actually more powerful than the S6 which already blew the Iphone 6S plus out of the water. Wow! FYI the Note 5 is only 3 months younger than the S6.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-N920-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00716Q61I

Note 5: 819$

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Warranty-Unlocked-Cellphone/dp/B015E8VRWW/ref=sr_1_3?s=mobile&ie=UTF8&qid=1455034864&sr=1-3&keywords=iphone+6s+plus+32gb+unlocked

Iphone 6s plus: 905$

I was looking at looking at the 32GB model of the Note 5 first, didn't think about that. But the 32GB one is still ~100 dollars cheaper and much much more powerful

Like I said in my comment (If you read it), after you fator in a 4K screen which is about 500$, you still end up paying 1000$ less.

And sure, I can give you somethings outperforming macbook pros too:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-i7-4700HQ-GT750M-1920x1080/dp/B00LXQDFK2

Around the Network

This is what happens when people tie their ego to large corporations. They start slipping into a false reality of unsaturated black and white, good and evil, cats and dogs.

Why does the OP not mention Amiibo Festival or the way Nintendo built their empire by illegally forcing third parties into exclusivity contracts? Why not mention the revelation that was Gran Turismo or Uncharted 2?

Because these things do not fit within the OP's fantasy world, they are discarded. Taking part of the truth here and part of the truth there while ignoring everything you don't like is dishonest.

Don't do that.

Nope. Not at all. Next question.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

aLkaLiNE said:

Cool Op, but I disagree. It's obvious (to me at least) that Sony sees the approach Apple takes and tries to emulate that. It's clear as day in their design language, and the fact that Sony has a very long history of fostering/trying to push proprietary software/hardware (this dates back to before Apples existence) helps prove my point. Go do some research on Sonys history and technological accomplishments and you'll see what I mean. Oh wait what's that? You want some examples?

Betamax
Walkman
CD
BluRay
SDDS

Were they an opportunist when they bought gaikai, in an effort to make game streaming relevant?

There's also evidence that Sony is building up its own ecosystem of products that talk to each other, spanning a wide array of smart devices. Hmm. Who else does that.

Nintendo isn't like any other company and never will be. Look at their branding. Odd controllers, games aimed for all ages, toys with NFC built in that communicate with games. You would probably draw a better comparison with Hasbro or Disney tbh. Actually yeah.

Sony is to Apple as Nintendo is to Disney. Microsoft doesn't really have a parallel that I can think of as most of their revenue comes from software/services. Which is definitely not a position Sony shares yet.

^ so much this!

Nintendo isnt a apple company, sony actually is.

Nintendo is just nintendo... they are more akin to disney than they are apple.

Teeqoz said:

Oh you are right. The Note 5 is actually more powerful than the S6 which already blew the Iphone 6S plus out of the water. Wow! FYI the Note 5 is only 3 months younger than the S6.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-N920-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00716Q61I

Note 5: 819$

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-Warranty-Unlocked-Cellphone/dp/B015E8VRWW/ref=sr_1_3?s=mobile&ie=UTF8&qid=1455034864&sr=1-3&keywords=iphone+6s+plus+32gb+unlocked

Iphone 6s plus: 905$

I was looking at looking at the 32GB model of the Note 5 first, didn't think about that. But the 32GB one is still ~100 dollars cheaper and much much more powerful

Like I said in my comment (If you read it), after you fator in a 4K screen which is about 500$, you still end up paying 1000$ less.

And sure, I can give you somethings outperforming macbook pros too:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-i7-4700HQ-GT750M-1920x1080/dp/B00LXQDFK2

Your ridiculous. I already prooved by several videos (speed test) and benchmark that the iPhone 6s is stronger then both the note 5 and galaxy s6, even in multicore socre (by 8 vs 2 cores) but your still claiming the samsung phones would be superior? Whats wrong with you? Are you able to READ?

PS: the only similar 5k screen at the moment is the Dell Ultrasharp 27 which alone is 2200 bucks. You probl dont even know the differences between 4k and 5k though.

PPS: "Outperforming" by using plastic case, an SSHD and not even an SSD, an Full HD LED Display (vs Retina IPS display) and just 8 GB Ram? Dude...just lol. The cheapest macbook pro (uses a HDD as well) is even cheaper btw.

You are really really unedcuated in terms of computer and mobile hardware. Just stop talking about it. Your just saying nonesense over and over again, still very amusing to read your comments :D

User was moderated for this post - VXIII

CGI-Quality said:
JNK said:

Your ridiculous. I already prooved by several videos (speed test) and benchmark that the iPhone 6s is stronger then both the note 5 and galaxy s6, even in multicore socre (by 8 vs 2 cores) but your still claiming the samsung phones would be superior? I dont even talk to you anymore, to obviously completly blind android fanboy who just close his eyes to not see the truth. The iPhone is and was always the strongest most powerfullst phone on the market. Android is just a cheap copy for pooor people. Handle that.

PS: the only similar 5k screen at the moment is the Dell Ultrasharp 27 which alone is 2200 bucks. You probl dont even know the differences between 4k and 5k though.

It's fine to disagree, but lets not sling personal insults at people!

Have you had that mod badge a while? I'm either really oblivious or you must have gotten a promotion