Quantcast
The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Witcher 3 - Out Now! Impressions?

Tagged games:

Opinion?

Excellent! 254 42.62%
 
Great! 71 11.91%
 
Good 32 5.37%
 
It's OK 32 5.37%
 
Eh... 13 2.18%
 
No thanks 20 3.36%
 
Get this thing out of here! 7 1.17%
 
See results 164 27.52%
 
Total:593
Conegamer said:
ihatefatkatz said:
Finding it boring so far. I'll invest a few more hours before I make a final verdict

If you don't mind me asking, what issues do you have with it so far?

Also for people with the game; how is the quest structure? Are they robust? 


Depends on the quesat you get and the quest you are doing. Its usally involves asking someone to gather clues and information about the whereabout and then going there to use your witcher sense and then slaying the beast. Others involve collecting items   that the npc requires . There are ? in the game, which are random moments which allows you to explore and gain even more quests. Those far, involve killing monster and assisting th enpc bieng attack. that can lead to more questss and adds more story . There are even quest wher eyou are just investigating clues or evidence laid around the area of interest. 



Around the Network
dane007 said:
Conegamer said:

If you don't mind me asking, what issues do you have with it so far?

Also for people with the game; how is the quest structure? Are they robust? 


Depends on the quesat you get and the quest you are doing. Its usally involves asking someone to gather clues and information about the whereabout and then going there to use your witcher sense and then slaying the beast. Others involve collecting items   that the npc requires . There are ? in the game, which are random moments which allows you to explore and gain even more quests. Those far, involve killing monster and assisting th enpc bieng attack. that can lead to more questss and adds more story . There are even quest wher eyou are just investigating clues or evidence laid around the area of interest. 

That's pretty cool; sounds like there's a much wider range of activities to do in questing than in, say, Skyrim for example. Means it should keep me busy for quite a while yet!



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
dane007 said:


Depends on the quesat you get and the quest you are doing. Its usally involves asking someone to gather clues and information about the whereabout and then going there to use your witcher sense and then slaying the beast. Others involve collecting items   that the npc requires . There are ? in the game, which are random moments which allows you to explore and gain even more quests. Those far, involve killing monster and assisting th enpc bieng attack. that can lead to more questss and adds more story . There are even quest wher eyou are just investigating clues or evidence laid around the area of interest. 

That's pretty cool; sounds like there's a much wider range of activities to do in questing than in, say, Skyrim for example. Means it should keep me busy for quite a while yet!

i have spent 6 hours and i have only done  the first story missions but have done more then 10 sidequests and countless amount of ? hunting. You hvae becareful which areas you go to , as there are areas where monsters will be higher level then you . Its huge and can be overwhelming. As tehy say , if you did the game properly it would easily be 200+ hours lol.  Skyrim quests got borign fast. This  one has good story and keeps you wanting to do more quests. Also some of the quests , you have decisions to make. I haven't progressed far into the game, but i am assuming they will impact the main storyline.



Played the beggining on XBO, too much fanservice 2/10



One thing I've noticed and like is the combat isn't easy! You can find your life bar really low quite fast when in a fight with someone, it's not as demon/dark souls but it's still good to have to dodge and block rather than just hack away easily.



PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
StokedUp said:
One thing I've noticed and like is the combat isn't easy! You can find your life bar really low quite fast when in a fight with someone, it's not as demon/dark souls but it's still good to have to dodge and block rather than just hack away easily.


in the witcher series, you have to know which type of sword to use and dodge roll alot. Also mix up attack with igni .  Most of the enemies lose alot of life iwth igni except for your wraiths,, where you have to use the trap spell



PwerlvlAmy said:

Just started it,but made this lol

 


Love It, Dark humor befitting  the Witcher 3. 



Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

dane007 said:
StokedUp said:
One thing I've noticed and like is the combat isn't easy! You can find your life bar really low quite fast when in a fight with someone, it's not as demon/dark souls but it's still good to have to dodge and block rather than just hack away easily.


in the witcher series, you have to know which type of sword to use and dodge roll alot. Also mix up attack with igni .  Most of the enemies lose alot of life iwth igni except for your wraiths,, where you have to use the trap spell

Well in this game he automatically uses the right type of sword. Also I've been using Quen since you're able to tank one attack without losing HP it seems, though it's more useful if you can fight 1v1.




Soriku said:
dane007 said:
StokedUp said:
One thing I've noticed and like is the combat isn't easy! You can find your life bar really low quite fast when in a fight with someone, it's not as demon/dark souls but it's still good to have to dodge and block rather than just hack away easily.


in the witcher series, you have to know which type of sword to use and dodge roll alot. Also mix up attack with igni .  Most of the enemies lose alot of life iwth igni except for your wraiths,, where you have to use the trap spell

Well in this game he automatically uses the right type of sword. Also I've been using Quen since you're able to tank one attack without losing HP it seems, though it's more useful if you can fight 1v1.

Yea i know. noticed that as well.  in the previous game , you had to pick the right one. What difficulty are you playing on?  Quen will disappear after you get once or twice. it doesn't last forever. In witcher series, tanking is the worst idea. you have to move around and fight.  As you lvel up , it will get alot easier , liek it did in witcher 2. 



Where do you guys put up all your loot? I was thinking to put it into a chest in a village close to a fast travel sign/direction pole. Does it work?