Quantcast
Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't the board ever just celebrate Nintendo? Look at the chartz ppl!

Zekkyou said:
JakDaSnack said:

I'll skip past the MS stuff because it's really not worth my time (i mean really now), so i'll go right to the 79% (lol) article.

The fact you are even linking the article shows how little you understand of the methods they use to derive their statistics :P They make estimates based on current financial reports, not much else.

Infact, the site that the 79% comes from now have SNE estimated at a 47% ^^ http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/ratio/SNE--Probability-Of-Bankruptcy

They also now have Nintendo at a 76% chance of bankruptcy in the next 2 years

http://www.macroaxis.com/invest/market/NTDOY--fundamentals--Nintendo-Co-Ltd

So in the space of a few months Sony have dropped 33%, and Nintendo gone up by 54%. In the real world that of course makes no sense, but when looking at the basis they make those predictions it's perfectly logical. Perhaps i should copy and paste this for the next time someone brings up the 79% stuff :P

Well, actually it was one month:P  But either way, you clearly misunderstand my points so instead of clarifying...again,  I'll just leave it be:P



Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Wow. So nevermind context, let's just pretend that the Wii U being barely ahead of consoles that just released is something to celebrate. Or that a handheld in its peak year managing to outsell an old dying console by a few million is some amazing feat. Or that a company that has released 12 consoles managed to make more profit than a company that has released 3 is impressive.

If pretending that this is the case makes you happy, so be it. But making threads trying to pass these off as some grandiose accomplishments that put Nintendo "at the top of the totem pole" just makes you look ridiculous, and incapable of looking at the big picture.



Aielyn said:
BeElite said:
karma is a bitch, lets not pretend nintendo fanboys didnt celebrate Sonys troubles last gen or MSs red ring.

Fanboys will be fanboys, but most Nintendo fans didn't celebrate Sony's troubles, they just heavily mocked those Sony fans who insisted on going "Wii is a last-gen console, PS3 is winning the next-gen console race" even as MS outsold them handily at the time (and who parrotted Sony's line of "rumble interferes with the motion sensors" for why they didn't have rumble in their controller even as the Wii's rumble worked perfectly with its motion sensors), and those MS fans who insisted that the red ring problem was just a couple of isolated incidents and that Wii was a fad that would be over within 6 months even as it kept selling two years later.

Need I remind you that, even throughout the life of the Wii, Nintendo fans were mocked for having "teh cazualz system", "no good games", etc? Do you recall all of those Sony fans that mocked the Wii for having "waggle controls", only to then praise Sony for PS Move? Do you recall all of those MS fans that mocked Wii for requiring you to stand up to play it (which was nonsense in 95% of cases) but then praised MS for Kinect? In fact, even at the height of the Wii's success, in mid-2008, Sony and MS fans insisted that Nintendo needed to go third-party, and that otherwise they were doomed.

Now, beyond the occasional (and inappropriate) mockery of Sony's financial situation in the last few years, Nintendo fans (not fanboys) haven't generally enjoyed weak performance of the other console-makers. Instead, they spend most of their time talking up Nintendo and challenging those who make absurd and anti-fanboyish assertions regarding Nintendo.

Even the creator of this thread didn't actually attack the other console makers. What they did was focus entirely on Nintendo's current circumstances, and challenging the idea that Nintendo is doomed. Now, I wouldn't have taken the approach used by snyps, but I completely appreciate his motivation. And you'll notice that he's no fanboy - his game collection includes Wii U, PC, PS3, 3DS, DS, GB, GBA, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Dreamcast, N64, SNES, and NES. And yet, even the suggestion that Nintendo is doing OK overall evokes words like "delusional" from some people here on VGChartz.

Something to think about - people on VGChartz keep including the point that Nintendo revised down their 3DS forecast for the current financial year by about 5 million (it's actually 4.5 million)... never mind that the new forecast is almost identical to what the 3DS sold in the last fiscal year, and never mind that their 3DS software sales are projected to, even after the downgrade, be 33% higher than the previous year. These facts get completely ignored in order for people to shout "Nintendo is doomed" from the rooftops.


Thanks for the recount of the 7th gen.   That seems pretty even and kinda balanced.  I expect some ppl to be that way, and I expect Nintendo fans had to defend things from gamecube days on back to snes from the self proclaimed "mature" gamers.  I don't see why it always has to be an attack.  A retaliation is the only attack I understand.  But a retaliation can go back and forth so long no one knows who started it.  After a while one side see's the fruitlessness of the fight but the other side keeps going and going and going.  Why?

 

I'm glad you saw my game list, unfortunately I've become a raging fanboy in the last 12 months.  I came here with open arms but the amount of Venom used against Nintendo has entrenched me in a closed off position.  I read a study once that said ppl fighting online never changes opinions, it only further entrenches them in their original ideas.  I don't think I'll ever be a multi system owner again.  And I agree my approach is flawed.. i'm glad some understand my motivation. I don't have the gift of oratory.  I fail at the strategy of a convincing argument.  But my assertiveness keeps me from bottling up,  I'm happy with that.

 

On 3DS i notice it's not touted like it should.  Why is Nintendo doomed and not Sony?  Both have a system on top of the charts and on on the lower end.   Their is a land slide of spin.



DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Wow. So nevermind context, let's just pretend that the Wii U being barely ahead of consoles that just released is something to celebrate. Or that a handheld in its peak year managing to outsell an old dying console by a few million is some amazing feat. Or that a company that has released 12 consoles managed to make more profit than a company that has released 3 is impressive.

If pretending that this is the case makes you happy, so be it. But making threads trying to pass these off as some grandiose accomplishments that put Nintendo "at the top of the totem pole" just makes you look ridiculous, and incapable of looking at the big picture.


our big pictures are very different.  From my perspective you look ridiculous.



snyps said:


I remember reading that thread.  i'm talking about the 8th gen. 

I am taking into account 3rd parties.  Ps4 and xONE games coming in 2014 don't stack up to Wii U's or 3DS's.

Creating this thread was more therapeutic than you can imagine...

So you're making yourself feel better by claiming Nintendo has a better line up against two ssytems that just launched. 

It still does nothing to help your, Nintendo has the best games coming out in 2014 argument.  We know a few games coming out in 2014, and some we predict will come out in 2014 for Nintendo.  On the other hand, we know a lot of games that are going to come out in 2014 for other next gen consoles that trumps the Nintendo line up. 

For PS4 only there's DriveClub, The Crew, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1866, Yakuza Ishin, The Division, Destiny, MLB 14 The Show, Elder Scrolls online, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3, ports like everything the Wii U is going to have that is multiconsole, plus Diablo 3, Tomb Raider, Nobunaga's Ambition Create, Metal Gear Solid 5, Thief, Final Fantasy 14, etc.

No idea on how the games are going to turn out overall, but from what we've already seen from gameplay videos and the large budgets these games are getting, there's a good chance that they're atleast decent or good titles.  The same can be said of any game being released on any system.  That's not even counting all the indies the PS4 and Xbox One are receiving that the Wii U isn't. 

And why add the 3DS without including the Vita?  Might not be as many games releasing in 2014 on the Vita, but there are games.  Demon Gaze, Dangonropa, Freedom Wars, and ports like Borderlands 2, Dead Nation, God of War Collection, etc. 

Nintendo is going to have a lot of great releases in 2014.  There's just no reason to release a thread like this because it's nothing more than a "Nintendo is winning now, so we best brag while we can" thread.  It's embarassing.



Around the Network
kupomogli said:
snyps said:


I remember reading that thread.  i'm talking about the 8th gen. 

I am taking into account 3rd parties.  Ps4 and xONE games coming in 2014 don't stack up to Wii U's or 3DS's.

Creating this thread was more therapeutic than you can imagine...

So you're making yourself feel better by claiming Nintendo has a better line up against two ssytems that just launched. 

It still does nothing to help your, Nintendo has the best games coming out in 2014 argument.  We know a few games coming out in 2014, and some we predict will come out in 2014 for Nintendo.  On the other hand, we know a lot of games that are going to come out in 2014 for other next gen consoles that trumps the Nintendo line up. 

For PS4 only there's DriveClub, The Crew, Infamous Second Son, The Order 1866, Yakuza Ishin, The Division, Destiny, MLB 14 The Show, Elder Scrolls online, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Witcher 3, ports like everything the Wii U is going to have that is multiconsole, plus Diablo 3, Tomb Raider, Nobunaga's Ambition Create, Metal Gear Solid 5, Thief, Final Fantasy 14, etc.

No idea on how the games are going to turn out overall, but from what we've already seen from gameplay videos and the large budgets these games are getting, there's a good chance that they're atleast decent or good titles.  The same can be said of any game being released on any system.  That's not even counting all the indies the PS4 and Xbox One are receiving that the Wii U isn't. 

And why add the 3DS without including the Vita?  Might not be as many games releasing in 2014 on the Vita, but there are games.  Demon Gaze, Dangonropa, Freedom Wars, and ports like Borderlands 2, Dead Nation, God of War Collection, etc. 

Nintendo is going to have a lot of great releases in 2014.  There's just no reason to release a thread like this because it's nothing more than a "Nintendo is winning now, so we best brag while we can" thread.  It's embarassing.


Based on my experience with third party/sony/ms games, most of those you listed aren't going to be great.  Nintendo on the other hand is a guarantee for greatness.  Just because a game gets a large budget and a front cover on game informer doesn't mean it'll be a great game.  An you're just looking at 1 point of my thread.  Can you deny Nintendo is holding every top spot on the chartz on the front page?  Is diminishing that and trying to make me feel embarrassed not embarrassing on your part?



snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:
snyps said:
DucksUnlimited said:

none of that takes away my point that Nintendo is no.1 on every chart on the front page.  Or that Nintendo has earned/saved the most money, or has higher rated games.  You think excusing this success with old/supply constrained means it's not an achievement.  You're wrong.  It is an achievement.  Everything I said was accurate. no.1 no.1 no.1 no.1 best games most earnings,  Those aren't lies, so don't call me inaccurate.  If i'm misleading then the chartz on the front page are misleading.  So, what is it you have a problem with here exactly?  Is it that i'm trying to make myself happy instead of letting everyone bring me down?  I don't need their doom drum i like the bright side, it's their if you look.

Wow. So nevermind context, let's just pretend that the Wii U being barely ahead of consoles that just released is something to celebrate. Or that a handheld in its peak year managing to outsell an old dying console by a few million is some amazing feat. Or that a company that has released 12 consoles managed to make more profit than a company that has released 3 is impressive.

If pretending that this is the case makes you happy, so be it. But making threads trying to pass these off as some grandiose accomplishments that put Nintendo "at the top of the totem pole" just makes you look ridiculous, and incapable of looking at the big picture.


our big pictures are very different.  From my perspective you look ridiculous.

In other words, you have no counterargument.

Thanks for playing.



Many people act like it's only Xbox and Playstation out there. It ain't so and i don't want it to be so.

But that new sales forecast is a bit depressing



Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Somini said:
brendude13 said:
Metallicube said:

Yeah it's getting depressing. I'm very very close to leaving this site for good, or at the very least, spend about 10% of the time I usually spend here.

I joined back in 07, when the main appeal was to enjoy the epic Nintendo sales and leave comments on the sales chart pages themselves. Now that both of those appeals are gone, this site is basically just another hardcore infested e-penis hangout, with 75% "Nintendo is doomed" topics. I joined this site to leave the stupidity and fanboyism that infested gamepro.com, and now this site has essentially become gamepro.com, just with perhaps some more strict mod rules and more disguised fanboyism.

I used to come here as sort of a mindless time filler to enjoy. Now I find myself dreading coming here in a way, as I wonder how shitty the Nintendo sales are going to look this week, and how many retarded Nintendo bashing topics I am going to suffer through reading. When something that was once fun and relaxing because a chore that you dread, it's time to move on..

Please stay.

He was doing the exact same thing during the Wii days, i've been here long enough. And don't worry he won' leave he's been saying that since 2011. Oh and even if he was to go lurking he'd be back to repeat the same thing if the WiiU were to magically beat the PS4.

Thanks for helping to motivate me further, my stalker friend haha.. Challenge accepted!

This site has just become full on negativity especially towards Nintendo. But it's not just the board, it's also how the board has caused me to act, which is increasingly hostile, and that's not the way I want to be.

Maybe this will force me do spend more time doing more productive things.. One can only hope.

I actually found out I can simply reset my password and then just delete the email with the new password right off the bat so I won't be able to log in, so If the urge comes back like a bad drug addiction, I won't be able to come back. Done.. 

See ya, chartz



snyps said:

Based on my experience with third party/sony/ms games, most of those you listed aren't going to be great.  Nintendo on the other hand is a guarantee for greatness.  Just because a game gets a large budget and a front cover on game informer doesn't mean it'll be a great game.  An you're just looking at 1 point of my thread.  Can you deny Nintendo is holding every top spot on the chartz on the front page?  Is diminishing that and trying to make me feel embarrassed not embarrassing on your part?

Yeah, the games aren't going to be great because they're not on your preferred system.  That sound about right?  Of course it does.  When we've seen how good the gameplay to these games looks, it doesn't matter whether they're on the front cover of Game Informer or not.  I also like Nintendo consoles.  Good games on the consoles I own benefit me, but being a first party game means nothing to me.  There are a lot of first party or third party exclusive Nintendo first party games that aren't as good as people make them out to be, same with Sony, and Microsoft.  Just look at my reviews on Pokemon X/Y and Ni No Kuni for two exclusives from both sides t hat I thought were poor games.      

And no.  Not embarassing at all.  I'm not the one who's trying to compare sales of a year old console that's about to be overtaken by two consoles that are two months old.