- A 25 year old male gamer
- United States
- Joined on November 14th 2012, last online 6 hours ago.
- Profile Views: 25,427
- Forum posts: 10,186 times which averages 7 posts per day
Badges: (view all)
Recent Wall PostsView more
"1. Like I said, I credited handhelds with having a higher chance of being rebought, but neither you or I have any actual data to show the number of unique owners of each device so while you say I'm dowplaying, I could easily say you are overestimating the number of people who own multiple 3DS models and neither one of us would be right because neither of us has any proof.
2. I just find it to be cherry picking when you choose a smaller support title instead of the proven system sellers like Pokemon which sells over 15 million and like I said, its about the overall library not just a game in isolation.
3. Werent you the guy in another thread who was calling people out for using just the top 10 selling games to prove a point? So now a game has to chart in the top 10 of NPD to be considered a strong seller?"
What are you even talking about?!
1. Sure, I'm definitely overestimating consoles. How about you reply to the actual points I made, viz. price, space, and how easily they break or can be lost. I'll wait.
2. What does Pokemon have to do with home consoles? It never sold 15m and the argument was that had WiiU had these games, it would have sold better. Read again the actual point instead of throwing handhelds in where they don't belong.
3. Yes, I was. Where did I say that only the top 10 matters? We have plenty of charts with more than the top 10. Those charts are dominated by ps and xb games. The Japanese charts, on the other hand, have both Ninty and Sony games all year long. It used to be the case with nds and wii. It was not the same this generation where a few games here and there would do well, but the rest would be absent from the charts.
2. If you dont know than you have clearly lost track of where our discussion began. You said that Nintendo IP arent enough to make a device sell well and used Wii U as your proof, I pointed out that Wii U has only a fraction of the overall Nintendo support and made a list of Nintendo games that appear on 3DS but not Wii U. You then pointed out how M&L is not enought to make a difference and I stated thats cherry picking when there are far bigger games on this list I made and that my point was aboit the overall library, not just one game.
3. Ok take a look at the top 100 games sold each year according to this site, the last 4 years have consistently had about 20-25 games 3DS/Wii U games chart. Ya PS/XB is doing better but not sure what that has to do with anything since our discussion has never been about Nintendo vs PS/XB.
My original comment to you simply said Nintendo has sold a good deal of hardware & software this generation so Nintendo IP clearly pull alot of weight and since then you have just been thinking up anything to try and discredit that statement.
In Germany's charts Nintendo dominates with PS not xb1, 3DS had as much as games PS4 had in the top... Do not forget that wii uÃ‚Â is still above xb1 there ( and in France too ) , while it has been killed since april.
Sadly, Germany charts became a top 20 with multiplatform sales combined and you know how unfair this is for exclusive games...
However, even with that, Paper Mario CS debuted at 11st, way above gears of war 4.
You still have the misconception that Nintendo software hasn't sell well this gen basing it on the illusory conclusion that you infer from some specific charts...
Mario kart 7 has sold 1.2m and Mario kart 8 600k
( having an attach rate of almost 70% ) in France, for example.
YW dominated spain charts lately..
Also, games of wii u have even charted very high in Scandinavian charts .
Recently. Pokemon SUN and moon topped Australian and New zelander charts.
When nds and wii (and psp) were selling well, we had all sorts of efforts from 3rd parties releasing games on them.
Anyway, no more to say, because zorg has covered me, particularly with the last part
( Have you read his statements ? )
Plus that we may end up quarreling...
There are many positive thing this gen regarding them, I will name a few.
For instance, Mario kart 8 has outsold many XBOX/PlayStation major exclusives, splatoon the crazy nintendo new ip is neck to neck with haloÂ 5 for the moment, 3DS has as much as 10m+ sellers playstation home consoles usually have,
And the most important, 3DS will be the second best selling system of this gen in the core video games market.
Okay, naru what can we do? Nintendo is back to its normal standards or a bit under these.
Apropos, are you a Greek-Cypriot?
Perhaps, the proof of this is the fairly lower attach ratios of handheld console compared to home consoles.
Both of you agree on this as I see..
However, Nintendo products are very durable, so the repurchasing is more about revisions and limited editions., Zorg you have implied that... hehe
PS2 and XBO360 must be most prone to be broken ever consoles....
My brother bought 4 ps2...
One fat, and three slims.
As for the xbox360, I have surmised that from xbox fans comments...
Thanks for sticking up for me :)
I haven't seen you post much in response to the current NX rumor. What gives?
I dont believe or disbelieve the rumor, if it turns out to be a fake than i wont be surprised but if it turns out to be real i srill wont be surprised.
As for having a dock, perhaps the device is underclocked when in portable mode in order to save battery life and when in console mode its running at full clock speed to display games at higher resolution.
At least the explanation for the dock makes sense.
I'm paraphrasing but the quote from Iwata was basically, "we may go with a single hybrid device but on the other hand we may go with a family of unified devices, we havent decided yet."
I still don't believe this rumor, but that doesn't mean everything has to be made up (one of the options you gave just now). For example, NX using cartridges might very well be true.
"Whether we will ultimately need just one device will be determined by what consumers demand in the future, and that is not something we know at the moment."
Those are actual statements from Iwata, at the time he was unsure if they would go hybrid device or family of devices.
I agree with you though, I believe a family of devices is a wiser choice and gives more freedom to the consumer.
Like I said before, if it's now hybrid-only, then how are consumers supposed to decide? And if consumers can't decide, then how could Iwata say that consumers will make the decision?
What i quoted suggests that Iwata was unsure of which route to take, hybrid or family.
As for how consumers decide, there are other ways to find out what consumers want other than just putting a product on the market and seeing how it does.
Recent ActivityView more
This list only shows a selection of games from this user's favourite games.View all games
Recent Forum PostsView more
Jranation said: zorg1000 said: 65 Days Left Mario Kart 8-27pts (final-259pts) MK8 Deluxe-40pts Oh wow! This is looking really good for a port/enhanced version! It may beat MK8 LT in Japan. According to the game database on this site, MK7 has sold 2.75m while MK8 has sold 1.32m so if Switch can attract a sizeble number of 3DS owners than it has a really...
Trunkin said: zorg1000 said: i read that it only dropped 2% over 8 hours. That is very good to hear if it's true! I like to just have my 3DS lying around next to me to pick up and play a little bit every once and a while, and I'd like to do the same with the Switch. i would post the link but unfortunately i dont remember where i read it at :-(...
Eye colour: Blue
Hair colour: Brown
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Relationship status: Married