- A 25 year old male gamer
- United States
- Joined on November 14th 2012, last online 11 minutes ago.
- Profile Views: 26,193
- Forum posts: 10,713 times which averages 7 posts per day
Badges: (view all)
Recent Wall PostsView more
"1. Like I said, I credited handhelds with having a higher chance of being rebought, but neither you or I have any actual data to show the number of unique owners of each device so while you say I'm dowplaying, I could easily say you are overestimating the number of people who own multiple 3DS models and neither one of us would be right because neither of us has any proof.
2. I just find it to be cherry picking when you choose a smaller support title instead of the proven system sellers like Pokemon which sells over 15 million and like I said, its about the overall library not just a game in isolation.
3. Werent you the guy in another thread who was calling people out for using just the top 10 selling games to prove a point? So now a game has to chart in the top 10 of NPD to be considered a strong seller?"
What are you even talking about?!
1. Sure, I'm definitely overestimating consoles. How about you reply to the actual points I made, viz. price, space, and how easily they break or can be lost. I'll wait.
2. What does Pokemon have to do with home consoles? It never sold 15m and the argument was that had WiiU had these games, it would have sold better. Read again the actual point instead of throwing handhelds in where they don't belong.
3. Yes, I was. Where did I say that only the top 10 matters? We have plenty of charts with more than the top 10. Those charts are dominated by ps and xb games. The Japanese charts, on the other hand, have both Ninty and Sony games all year long. It used to be the case with nds and wii. It was not the same this generation where a few games here and there would do well, but the rest would be absent from the charts.
2. If you dont know than you have clearly lost track of where our discussion began. You said that Nintendo IP arent enough to make a device sell well and used Wii U as your proof, I pointed out that Wii U has only a fraction of the overall Nintendo support and made a list of Nintendo games that appear on 3DS but not Wii U. You then pointed out how M&L is not enought to make a difference and I stated thats cherry picking when there are far bigger games on this list I made and that my point was aboit the overall library, not just one game.
3. Ok take a look at the top 100 games sold each year according to this site, the last 4 years have consistently had about 20-25 games 3DS/Wii U games chart. Ya PS/XB is doing better but not sure what that has to do with anything since our discussion has never been about Nintendo vs PS/XB.
My original comment to you simply said Nintendo has sold a good deal of hardware & software this generation so Nintendo IP clearly pull alot of weight and since then you have just been thinking up anything to try and discredit that statement.
In Germany's charts Nintendo dominates with PS not xb1, 3DS had as much as games PS4 had in the top... Do not forget that wii uÃ‚Â is still above xb1 there ( and in France too ) , while it has been killed since april.
Sadly, Germany charts became a top 20 with multiplatform sales combined and you know how unfair this is for exclusive games...
However, even with that, Paper Mario CS debuted at 11st, way above gears of war 4.
You still have the misconception that Nintendo software hasn't sell well this gen basing it on the illusory conclusion that you infer from some specific charts...
Mario kart 7 has sold 1.2m and Mario kart 8 600k
( having an attach rate of almost 70% ) in France, for example.
YW dominated spain charts lately..
Also, games of wii u have even charted very high in Scandinavian charts .
Recently. Pokemon SUN and moon topped Australian and New zelander charts.
When nds and wii (and psp) were selling well, we had all sorts of efforts from 3rd parties releasing games on them.
Anyway, no more to say, because zorg has covered me, particularly with the last part
( Have you read his statements ? )
Plus that we may end up quarreling...
There are many positive thing this gen regarding them, I will name a few.
For instance, Mario kart 8 has outsold many XBOX/PlayStation major exclusives, splatoon the crazy nintendo new ip is neck to neck with haloÂ 5 for the moment, 3DS has as much as 10m+ sellers playstation home consoles usually have,
And the most important, 3DS will be the second best selling system of this gen in the core video games market.
Okay, naru what can we do? Nintendo is back to its normal standards or a bit under these.
Apropos, are you a Greek-Cypriot?
Perhaps, the proof of this is the fairly lower attach ratios of handheld console compared to home consoles.
Both of you agree on this as I see..
However, Nintendo products are very durable, so the repurchasing is more about revisions and limited editions., Zorg you have implied that... hehe
PS2 and XBO360 must be most prone to be broken ever consoles....
My brother bought 4 ps2...
One fat, and three slims.
As for the xbox360, I have surmised that from xbox fans comments...
Thanks for sticking up for me :)
Recent ActivityView more
This list only shows a selection of games from this user's favourite games.View all games
Recent Forum PostsView more
Darwinianevolution said: Indies are probably doing well, they fit well with Nintendo's schedule. Big 3rd parties like Skylanders and Just Dance probably flopped, the platform is not suited for them yet. Bomberman did wonderfully for what it is, but it would have done so much better without all of Konami controversy last year. When will Minecraft release? I have the feeling it will reach...
Eye colour: Blue
Hair colour: Brown
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Relationship status: Married