Quantcast
Rumor: Proper Paper Mario on the way?! Oh and Metroid too!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Proper Paper Mario on the way?! Oh and Metroid too!

How EXCITE are you?

globally in US 7 17.50%
 
%&(*$#^($!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 7.50%
 
Don't distract me from MAGA2020 3 7.50%
 
I am not a belIEBER 1 2.50%
 
I SHALL SUMMON THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL! 4 10.00%
 
PS5 Doomed 3 7.50%
 
Vita DOOMED 3 7.50%
 
3DS DOOMED 1 2.50%
 
Google Stadia Doomed 4 10.00%
 
These poll choices are ridiculous! SMH 11 27.50%
 
Total:40
Nu-13 said:
Kai_Mao said:

??? Don't we already have a Switch lite?

REAL switch lite (dockable).

New Switch Lite



Cerebralbore101 said:
Barkley said:

Well it would fit with my expectations of this year being mostly comprised of AA titles rather than any blockbusters. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, Mystery Dungeon, Paper Mario, 2D Metroid and maybe Bayonetta 3, plus one or two more AA surprises.

BotW2 and Odyssey 2 are likely out this year. I would consider Animal Crossing AAA, and if not, it's better than 90% of AAA games anyway, so it makes me happy. Pretty sure No More Heroes 3 is AAA as well and out this year. At the very least we should wait until E3 before saying Nintendo doesn't have anything this year.

I do consider AC one of their AAA titles. I think it will be the only massive seller released by Nintendo this year.

"BotW2 and Odyssey 2 are likely out this year." - One is a possibility, both happening this year doesn't have a chance in hell. But I don't expect BOTW2 will be ready this year.

"At the very least we should wait until E3 before saying Nintendo doesn't have anything this year." - I mean I listed 7 possible games and said their might be a couple more AA titles beyond that... I don't think 8-9 games is nothing. Many smaller games rather than a few big hitters is my expectations for this year.



LTD: PS4 - 125m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 51m

2020: PS4 - 9m, Switch - 22.5m, XBO - 2.5m, PS5 - 4.5m, XBX - 2.8m

I've previously stated that I didn't think Paper Mario would come out this year but I would be happy nonetheless if this rumor were true; doubly so if they truly do let the series go back to its roots. Paper Mario was on its way to becoming a marquee series for Nintendo until whoever was responsible for Sticker Star and Color Splash took over.



I would have prefered if it was a new Mario and Luigi game, since its the superior franchise, but its nice nevertheless.

Hopefully it follows Super Paper Mario style.The best Paper Mario from the ones I played.



Both are welcome, but I sincerely doubt either will happen.



Don't care about Paper Mario, but I'd be super keen for a new 2D Metroid. I just hope it's not just a remake of Super or Fusion, Nintendo have a bad habit of recycling old games on Switch instead of making new ones.



curl-6 said:

Don't care about Paper Mario, but I'd be super keen for a new 2D Metroid. I just hope it's not just a remake of Super or Fusion, Nintendo have a bad habit of recycling old games on Switch instead of making new ones.

We could really use Samus Returns on Switch though.



CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Don't care about Paper Mario, but I'd be super keen for a new 2D Metroid. I just hope it's not just a remake of Super or Fusion, Nintendo have a bad habit of recycling old games on Switch instead of making new ones.

We could really use Samus Returns on Switch though.

I'd much rather something actually fresh and new instead of just recycling an old game. To me there's nothing exciting about that, it's boring.



I'd prefer a proper Mario RPG sequel but if it's a decent Paper Mario, I'm down.



axumblade said:
I'd prefer a proper Mario RPG sequel but if it's a decent Paper Mario, I'm down.

Like Super Mario RPG or M&L?

Did SPM have the humor level that PM has?

PM is unique to be because of its humor and intriguing papery world.