By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is the best movie of all time/your favorite

damkira said:
Rath said:
Transformers 2

Really? Transformers 2?

Nah I'm just messing. I actually really liked Schindlers List, Shawshank and the two main Monty Python films.

Around the Network

in no order terminator1, saw1, 28 days later, night of the living dead, scarface, point break, rambo

for more check my profile

Play Me

BLADE RUNNER.

:)

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Shawshank's Redemption
Kill Bill
Pulp Fiction
V for Vendetta
Gattaca
LOTR trilogy
Original Star Wars trilogy

Signature goes here!

Blade Runner, Alien, The Great Race, The Court Jester, Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines, The Three Musketeers (with Gene Kelly), Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), The Thin Man, Ninotchka, To Be or Not to Be (1942), Heaven Can Wait (1943), The Public Enemy, The Seven Samurai, The Philadelphia Story, Singin' in the Rain, The Band Wagon, Steamboat Bill Jr.,The General, The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Bonnie & Clyde, American Grafitti, Star Wars, Bringing Up Baby, La Nuit Américaine/Day For Night, Spartacus, The Graduate, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, The Silence of the Lambs, The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon, Some Like It Hot, One Two Three, A Fish Called Wanda, Do the Right Thing, The French Lieutenant's Woman, Apocalypse Now, 2001, Dr. Strangelove, M*A*S*H, Hana-Bi, To Catch a Thief, Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, His Girl Friday, Citizen Kane, Miller's Crossing, Fargo, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Annie Hall, Manhattan, Radio Days, Charade, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Fearless Vampire Killers, Charley Varrick, All the President's Men, The Princess Bride, Once Upon a Time in America, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings, Monsters Inc., The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, 1900, Il Gattopardo/The Leopard, The Getaway (1972), Bullitt, The French Connection, Chinatown, Tron, The Great Dictator, The Gold Rush, Monkey Business, A Night at the Opera.

(No, I didn't type them. I copied them from a list of my DVD collection. Lots of other favourites are missing - especially other old movies and the European ones.)

Best out of those: I don't care, love them all.
Most favourite: No idea, it changes daily.
Most often watched: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (I think). Probably because imo it's the best written, most elegantly directed buddy movie ever created with one of the best movie scores ever composed - plus: Newman & Redford.

Around the Network

My favorite movie of all time is The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. Funny thing is is that I never saw the movie in Theaters when it came out... imagine that. ^_^

For 2009 my favorite movie(s) were Inglourious Basterds and Avatar (Oh no I liked Avatar!). Hurt Locker was also very good (actually, I just saw it today... but I suppose since it came out in '09 it counts).

So far in 2010 I've only seen DayBreakers... and it was alright. Started out with a really neat premise... but then it all sort of fizzled at the end. Bummer.

Something between Forrest Gump, The Dark Knight, and Wall-E

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Avatar just passed Titanic's domestic Box Office record :) I'm starting to think that Avatar takes best picture because the industry needs a massive hit like it.. and for it to keep going on and on.\

Edit: Ooops, I'm not even in the right thread.. must get sleep!

SciFiBoy said:
probably The Matrix

This!

Slimebeast said:
LOTR easily. The masterpiece of masterpieces.

And this!

-------------

Both!

The Lord of the Rings! No contest

There is no Knowledge that is not Power